Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
119344243_110178727412039_3289452737721740785_n.jpg

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody is debading that drogba was good, or world class or anything:dwillhuh:

All i said that drogba was a late bloomer:comeon: it was his chelsea days that he really became the force that we all remember him. His first 2 seasons with chelsea or so werent so hot, had he flopped nobody would have cared for his french league numbers:comeon: except nikkas living in france

And about vardy all said is that he is very good and no need to diss him. Drogba has obviously faced tougher opposition than vardy through his career and as shined against the biggest teams in the world

Nobody was saying in 2005-07 that Drogba wasn't hot. NOBODY. Thats what I can't accept.

Don't get me wrong he had better seasons after of course. But the whole he wasn't too hot narrative is some retrospective shyt coz at the time he was fukking fire.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He was definitely WC that season... All the talk was where was he gonna go. Chelsea was on that man City shyt and there was crazy hype.

What are you defining as coming into his own? Are you just looking at stats? That my be where we differ coz I'm just remembering the temperature back then, how influential he was and how he was one of the most feared strikers in the prem. You didn't see big lads with the tekkers he had back then, was mentallllll.

Again, fukk Chelsea.

His first 2 seasons at Chelsea he was a inconsistent finisher and he was flopping too much on contact. Once Sheva signed which was D Daddy's 3rd season the competitive monster really came out and doubled his Chelsea career total in 1 season.

His first 2 seasons it was on his day type player, like Andy Carroll. But wasn't the killer he grew into yet.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was football crazy around this time, and was in my final years of school so i literally ate, slept and breathed football. My opinion is purely based on what was happening at the time, not taking in to account what drogba did in the following seasons. Which you guys clearly are doing, and I can respect that.

His first 2 seasons at Chelsea he was a inconsistent finisher and he was flopping too much on contact.
Drogba wasn't inconsistent at all. Looking back at the stats, it paints that narrative but in reality he was the most feared striker in the prem (not including henry who was at god level).

The diving (flopping) thing was some racial shyt in the media to discredit Drogba. I remember that shyt CLEARLYYYYYY. Back when white people were running with the 'foreigners dive' shyt. Personally I would not even include that in this discussion.

Once Sheva signed which was D Daddy's 3rd season the competitive monster really came out and doubled his Chelsea career total in 1 season.

Like I said earlier, you guys are doing some retrospective takes on this, looking at the stats etc which clearly paint this picture. However if you was around at the time and lived through it, no way this narrative can run.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is what i just said, nikkas i know drogba was a breh and we want him to have his respect,which he has from pretty much any football fan living, but stop revising history.

When folks retire or die folks overestimate how good they were:gucci:

Na playa, I don't necessarily think you are wrong in what you're saying. Stats show he scored more goals after his first couple seasons and I aint tryna argue that.

But to make out like he didnt hit the ground running because of his stats were better the following seasons is just absurd
. and I say that as someone who remembers vividly when he joined Chelsea and the impact he had on the prem. He was the best striker in the prem outside of Henry when he joined.

Don't do this please.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Na playa, I don't necessarily think you are wrong in what you're saying. Stats show he scored more goals after his first couple seasons and I aint tryna argue that.

But to make out like he didnt hit the ground running because of his stats were better the following seasons is just absurd
. and I say that as someone who remembers vividly when he joined Chelsea and the impact he had on the prem. He was the best striker in the prem outside of Henry when he joined.

Don't do this please.

When he joined chelsea he wasnt even better than ruud van nistelrooy, he wasnt even in the same stratosphere at that time:stopitslime:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I was football crazy around this time, and was in my final years of school so i literally ate, slept and breathed football. My opinion is purely based on what was happening at the time, not taking in to account what drogba did in the following seasons. Which you guys clearly are doing, and I can respect that.

Drogba wasn't inconsistent at all. Looking back at the stats, it paints that narrative but in reality he was the most feared striker in the prem (not including henry who was at god level).

The diving (flopping) thing was some racial shyt in the media to discredit Drogba. I remember that shyt CLEARLYYYYYY. Back when white people were running with the 'foreigners dive' shyt. Personally I would not even include that in this discussion.

Like I said earlier, you guys are doing some retrospective takes on this, looking at the stats etc which clearly paint this picture. However if you was around at the time and lived through it, no way this narrative can run.

:mjlol: like you was the only person in to their football back then. Cmon breh you better than that to use this as an argument.

D Diddy was a terrible flopper, what he got away with in France didn't wash in England, like most foreign players find out and they become more crafty. And that's exactly what Drogba become more crafty with his flopping. Prime example is the CL 2012 first leg semi final. When he played strong Barca defence couldn't handle him, when he was on his own no support he flopped to win freekicks. C dot got shyt for flopping, Bale got shyt for flopping Andy Johnson got shyt for flopping and winning so many pens at Palace. If you flop you get shyt in England, why you think Jurgen Klansmann did the dive celebration because people were calling him a diver before he even played a game for Spurs.

D Diddy finishing was inconsistent in his first 2 seasons at Chelsea, any decent Chelsea fan will tell you that. When he had too much time to think he would fluff the chance. Once he allowed himself to be more instinctive he became better, which was in his 3rd season. Thus the double in goals tally.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When he joined chelsea he wasnt even better than ruud van nistelrooy, he wasnt even in the same stratosphere at that time:stopitslime:

2004 Van Nistelrooy, his legs were GONE. Pretty sure Utd sold him that season aswell because of it.

Like I said, I don't hold no bias in this discussion I just know those seasons better than any other PL season.

Switch

All Star
Daps
2004 Van Nistelrooy, his legs were GONE. Pretty sure Utd sold him that season aswell because of it.

Like I said, I don't hold no bias in this discussion I just know those seasons better than any other PL season.

Van Nistelrooy didn’t leave till 06 I believe.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: like you was the only person in to their football back then. Cmon breh you better than that to use this as an argument.

D Diddy was a terrible flopper, what he got away with in France didn't wash in England, like most foreign players find out and they become more crafty. And that's exactly what Drogba become more crafty with his flopping. Prime example is the CL 2012 first leg semi final. When he played strong Barca defence couldn't handle him, when he was on his own no support he flopped to win freekicks. C dot got shyt for flopping, Bale got shyt for flopping Andy Johnson got shyt for flopping and winning so many pens at Palace. If you flop you get shyt in England, why you think Jurgen Klansmann did the dive celebration because people were calling him a diver before he even played a game for Spurs.

D Diddy finishing was inconsistent in his first 2 seasons at Chelsea, any decent Chelsea fan will tell you that. When he had too much time to think he would fluff the chance. Once he allowed himself to be more instinctive he became better, which was in his 3rd season. Thus the double in goals tally.

Like I said the whole diving debate was the typical white english 'these foreigners are not built like us' false superiority shyt, I remember that clearly and taking no notice of it for said reasons. The Euros where C dot winked at Rooney after diving sent the media into overdrive with diving.

In regards to your last paragraph, would you agree with what I'm saying that he was one of the top 3 strikers in the prem 04/05 05/06?? And that he had a major impact in the prem straight out the gate? Because even though the stats are not there, my point is he was hot as fukk at the time without a doubt one of the most feared.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
He was definitely WC that season... All the talk was where was he gonna go. Chelsea was on that man City shyt and there was crazy hype.

What are you defining as coming into his own? Are you just looking at stats? That my be where we differ coz I'm just remembering the temperature back then, how influential he was and how he was one of the most feared strikers in the prem. You didn't see big lads with the tekkers he had back then, was mentallllll.

Again, fukk Chelsea.

Yh he was highly anticipated. I even remember one of the headlines "Drog deal" lol

:mjpls: