Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some ya'll forgetting that drogba joined at 26, 26 bro, he should be in his prime but he wasnt:yeshrug:

U could argue by 28 he was becoming a world class player but was late bloomer. At he played at a higher level from lets say 22 or 23 numbers may be way different.

U cant argued he fend off crespo, torres,shevenko etc so:yeshrug:

But vardy is a great player no doubt that counter attack style fits him well

You guys tryna do football like rap with this revisionist history.

Drogba was WC when he signed for Chelsea and one of the most deadliest strikers in the game. That last season at Marseille he was moving like a monster in the CL/UEFA cup, I think he took them to the final.

Sounds like some stat nerds have looked back retrospectively and tried to change history. I think I read some BS about Henry not turning up in big games on some twitter feed once.

PLEASE STOP. I remember football vividly from 2003-2009. Drogba was a fukking monster.

PS. I fukking hate chelsea so theres no bias in my comment.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Ngl that’s a sick promo, almost makes me wanna switch over this year

:sas2:

I think its dope they took a year off to try and get the next game right.

Why can't we just get a PES 6 remake. Don't change shyt, just update the players.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Drogba was WC when he signed for Chelsea and one of the most deadliest strikers in the game. That last season at Marseille he was moving like a monster in the CL/UEFA cup, I think he took them to the final.

Sounds like some stat nerds have looked back retrospectively and tried to change history. I think I read some BS about Henry not turning up in big games on some twitter feed once.

PLEASE STOP. I remember football vividly from 2003-2009. Drogba was a fukking monster.

Nah he wasn't, but he was very good that season. He even semi overshadowed Beckham's CL debut, D Diddy scored 2 on his CL debut in a 4-2 defeat. D Diddy didn't come into his own at Chelsea till his 3rd season. The 33 goals, the Winners vs Liverpool and Barca, the FA Cup Final goal.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PES ain't coming back for another generation.

Back when it was pro 3 to pro 5 to pes 2008 they had a good run. Then fifa came and crushed the building.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps

Nobody is debading that drogba was good, or world class or anything:dwillhuh:

All i said that drogba was a late bloomer:comeon: it was his chelsea days that he really became the force that we all remember him. His first 2 seasons with chelsea or so werent so hot, had he flopped nobody would have cared for his french league numbers:comeon: except nikkas living in france

And about vardy all said is that he is very good and no need to diss him. Drogba has obviously faced tougher opposition than vardy through his career and as shined against the biggest teams in the world

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah he wasn't, but he was very good that season. He even semi overshadowed Beckham's CL debut, D Diddy scored 2 on his CL debut in a 4-2 defeat. D Diddy didn't come into his own at Chelsea till his 3rd season. The 33 goals, the Winners vs Liverpool and Barca, the FA Cup Final goal.

He was definitely WC that season... All the talk was where was he gonna go. Chelsea was on that man City shyt and there was crazy hype.

What are you defining as coming into his own? Are you just looking at stats? That my be where we differ coz I'm just remembering the temperature back then, how influential he was and how he was one of the most feared strikers in the prem. You didn't see big lads with the tekkers he had back then, was mentallllll.

Again, fukk Chelsea.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps

That is what i just said, nikkas i know drogba was a breh and we want him to have his respect,which he has from pretty much any football fan living, but stop revising history.

When folks retire or die folks overestimate how good they were:gucci: