Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Cant wait to see Pulisic running on a counter with Werner

From what I can gather from a speed read it started with Vardy vs Drogba topic. And then you get other strikers thrown in like have been debated on here about Drogba's status.

More times than not he turned up in big games THEE END.

When I took stats in college I took Stats for Business Majors. My teacher taught us something real valuable. That was that most statistics can be manipulated to fit an agenda. In this case Vardy and people shyting on Drogba for no reason.

If you look at it deeper you'll see that despite Drogba playing more games...Vardy has played more minutes...3000 more at that:francis:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Some ya'll forgetting that drogba joined at 26, 26 bro, he should be in his prime but he wasnt:yeshrug:

U could argue by 28 he was becoming a world class player but was late bloomer. At he played at a higher level from lets say 22 or 23 numbers may be way different.

U cant argued he fend off crespo, torres,shevenko etc so:yeshrug:

But vardy is a great player no doubt that counter attack style fits him well

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Some ya'll forgetting that drogba joined at 26, 26 bro, he should be in his prime but he wasnt:yeshrug:

U could argue by 28 he was becoming a world class player but was late bloomer. At he played at a higher level from lets say 22 or 23 numbers may be way different.

U cant argued he fend off crespo, torres,shevenko etc so:yeshrug:

But vardy is a great player no doubt that counter attack style fits him well
Vardy ain’t on Drogba’s level :camby:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Vardy ain’t on Drogba’s level :camby:

Stop being homotional never said that vardy was better. u can give people props without hating. Vardy is a very good player that has played a similar style with LC, hit teams on the break.

Drogba had to play under mou and some other coaches, best season imo was under ancelloti an offensive minded coach....