Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
I'm sorry man , we gotta keep it real about Dembele :camby:

Man's had nuff chances to make his mark in Barca . I'm sure he'd be a very good player at another club

fukk is you talking bout, he made 2 chances that no one did anything with, barring the Messi shot that clipped the crossbar, he was the better out of the 3 attacking wise, maybe not overall.
Griezmann didn't influence the game at all. Valverde has hampered Dembele's progression since he's got here.
He's played him out of position several times i.e. playing him on whatever wing he felt like and even deputised him as a fullback a few times.
Games where he was playing great, Valverde's mid table mentality would kick in and he'd sub him off for a DM in order to hold a lead.
I forgot what game it was in the champs last year but Dembele was recovering from injury and he played Dembele to save the game. He admitted that risked Dembele for the game.
Guess what happened next Dembele was injured further and his healing process got extended. Dembele not flourishing is Valverde's fault.

A side note also is Dembele's playing style is counter attacking, Messi and Suarez are both in their 30s and have lost a considerable amount of pace.
How many times has Dembele been on the break and he's had no one to pass to because Messi and Suarez old asses are jogging on the counter.
Dembele's best season was when he linked up with Auba in BVB and guess what Auba still had, PACE!
If Valverde was a good coach he would've molded Dembele's game by now because he's young and his brain is still malleable.​