Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
We played good breh. Dominated the entire time. Looked vulnerable on the counter and exposed when they switched play esp Insigne and Mertens.

Our finishing wasn't clinical like it normally is. That Mane/Salah v. 1 defender should've been a goal and the free header Firmino had. But we always have trouble with Napoli.

Adrian was good today breh. But I deffo feel more comfortable with Alisson in goal. Everytime they passed back to him I was :lupe::sadcam:
Good but not great performance, obviously the result was not, blatant dive but will be crickets about that just like there was at the weekend about the stonewaller on Matip not given :mjpls:

Honestly should not impact qualification whatsoever as you would expect us to beat the other 2 home and away and win the reverse leg at Anfield not that it should even matter so I’m calm.

Adrian is fine made some good save tonight the issue is that he stays rooted to his line just like Migs, Ali cleans up so much being proactive and coming out to clean up and especially with us playing a hella high line this season we need that.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
We played good....Dominated the entire time. Looked vulnerable on the counter and exposed when they switched play esp Insigne and Mertens.

Our finishing wasn't clinical like it normally is. That Mane/Salah v. 1 defender should've been a goal and the free header Firmino had. But we always have trouble with Napoli.

Adrian was good today breh. But I deffo feel more comfortable with Alisson in goal. Everytime they passed back to him I was :lupe::sadcam:

That second goal was on VVD & llorente is a clutch player :russ:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
When Willian & Jorginho catch Barkely in the locker room

source.gif

They need to show Barkley how thieves are dealt with in the Favelas. :birdman:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
The change in Adrian's fortunes show you how crazy life is. This man was released by West Ham and had no club, training with a semi-professional team. A few weeks later he's saving penalties to win the supercup, starting on a team with a perfect start to the EPL and and is playing in the Champions League

God is good :to:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No group of death this year, Napoli advancing with ease :blessed:

Some unlucky club going to get that work in the round of 16 :ufdup:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
No group of death this year, Napoli advancing with ease :blessed:

Some unlucky club going to get that work in the round of 16 :ufdup:

That unlucky club is Napoli themselves breh :russ:

Just read a stat saying liverpool hasn't won an away UCL game against top clubs in like 11 years.
I'll never understand clubs struggling with away games like they've never played ball before.
Barca dominates at camp nou, they go away and it's like the pitch is Lava all of a sudden :mjtf: