Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Damn Stones injured for 5 weeks. City are now down to 1 senior Center back.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
It was absolutely criminal not signing another CB in the summer.

Yeah. Wanted Maguire but didn't want to pay that price. Now here we are. Murphys law. We have a few promising academy prospects, but I'm pretty sure Pep will turn to Fernandinho at CB.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yeah. Wanted Maguire but didn't want to pay that price. Now here we are. Murphys law. We have a few promising academy prospects, but I'm pretty sure Pep will turn to Fernandinho at CB.

That or Kyle Walker doing a bad Sergio Ramos impression, thinking his speed will get him out of trouble everytime.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
wait....is everyone from that other thread back here?

I haven't seen the Bantz thread in jbo for almost a year

now that the crew is here, does anyone still have video of the black british kid being bullied into bending his own shoes from last summer?
Breh rounded them nikkas up and took them to the desert. Then he left them there :lolbron:.

nahnah

Superstar
Daps

Was just wondering if they had any good young defenders coming through, who are they?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
City's backline :huhldup:

Honestly, we gotta start addressing how much football is being played in a single calendar year. Dudes are playing too much football (pro season, pre-season friendlies, international tournaments etc) and are burning out.

Just look at Alexis Sanchez. Dude played for like 4-5 years without any significant breaks.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
City's backline :huhldup:

Honestly, we gotta start addressing how much football is being played in a single calendar year. Dudes are playing too much football (pro season, pre-season friendlies, international tournaments etc) and are burning out.

Just look at Alexis Sanchez. Dude for like 4-5 years without any significant breaks.

Germany is the only top 5 league that has it right.

But yeah, I've been banging on about the overplaying, for a while now. Athletes are high performance engines/vehicles, if you don't look after, service and maintain them, they will break, sooner rather than later. That goes for both the athletes and the coaches/clubs. People will use oh bu-bu-but Messi and C dot play all the year round, a) they are exceptions to ever rule, b) they haven't participated in meaningless international friendlies for the past 4 years or so. And it just isn't in football, it's in other sports that do play all the year round, especially when international competition is seen as king, like rugby and cricket. I don't blame the US marquee NBA players throwing the WC in the bushes. Shorten off season in b2b years, would mean even more load management for the star names, thru out the course of the season. Especially those that have incentives in their contracts.

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Germany is the only top 5 league that has it right. But yeah, I've been banging on about the overplaying, for a while now. Athletes are high performance engines, if you don't look after and maintain them, they will break, sooner rather than later. That goes for both the athletes and the coaches/clubs. People will use oh bu-bu-but Messi and C dot play all the year round, a) they are exceptions to ever rule, b) they haven't participated in meaningless international friendlies for the past 4 years or so. And it just isn't in football, it's in other sports that do play all the year round, especially when international competition is seen as king, like rugby and cricket. I don't blame the US marquee NBA players throwing the WC in the bushes. Shorten off season in b2b years, would mean even more load management for the star names, thru out the course of the season. Especially those that have incentives in their contracts.

I think another culprit is the transfer market. When you're dropping upwards of 80 MM for a player then you have to recoup that expenditure someway. Hence teams going on longer and longer pre-season tours to grab cash

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Was just wondering if they had any good young defenders coming through, who are they?

Eric Garcia who we stole from Barca a clue years ago is very promising. Reads the game very well and makes all the right passes. He's just 18 and I think he's barely 6 feet though. Another one is Taylor Harwood-Bellis, who played some pre season games this summer.

Overall I don't think we have anyone who is ready to step in just yet, but at this point someone has to step up.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I think another culprit is the transfer market. When you're dropping upwards of 80 MM for a player then you have to recoup that expenditure someway. Hence teams going on longer and longer pre-season tours to grab cash

The problem with English football, is that it is handicapped by tradition from a bygone era.

The league cup, with so many teams playing in Europe now, they can either have not them enter or my personal choice is scrap the competition altogether. And put league fixtures in their place, thus freeing up space to get a winter break in at some point.

Xmas fixtures, they never get the spacing of the games right, some teams play 4 times in 7-8 days, some get 10-12 days over this period. They will never scrap this set of games, but they sure can make sure they schedule it properly.

FA Cup is played at the weekend, when every other cup competition is played thru the week. They finally decided to scrap replays after the 5th round, while not scrap replays altogether? Even more chances of cup upsets, with pens involved.

Too many phucking teams. No other country/sport that I know of and trust me I watch a lot of phucking various sports, has 92 professional teams. well 91 :rip: Bury (don't ask me how :skip: ) Half these teams are running at a loss and a handful could end up like Bury and Bolton situations if they have a bad couple of months.