Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Japan or china who gives a fukk u nerd. Same fukking point still stands

giphy.gif

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Rooney to come back as player/manager of Derby

Jobs for the boys :mjpls:

Gerrard at Rangers
Lampard at Chelsea
Woodgate
Bowyer

All the cac 2000s players getting fast tracked into top managerial posts

Only breh I can think of is Sol Campbell at Macclesfield

If true, Gooney is going to be working under Cocu. Who also has Leon Rosenior working under him as an assistant.

Apart from Lampard, where timing and circumstance worked in his favour, because it's Chelsea. If it wasn't them, he would of stayed in the Championship. Rest of them aren't in the PL.

Bowyer was already the assistant coach, and then got the job as a caretaker till the end of the season. (The owner is quite the character as well) First full season, he got them promoted from div 1. Woodgate was already a coach at the club for 2 years before he got the job. Those 2 served an apprenticeship at their current clubs, before getting the job. And because they both played for the clubs and came thru the academies, it made sense to give them a try. Steve Gibson has a history of giving 1st time managers/head coaches an opportunity.

Considering the short life expectancy of coaching in all 4 divisions in England and both sports and social media coverage. I salute any of big name players who want to giving it a shot, they aren't doing it for the money. Instead of the 90-05 big name cowards who hide from the pressure and became talking heads. 5 games was enough for Shearer. G Nev did a few months. Scholes lasted about 6 weeks.

Last edited:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
If true, Gooney is going to be working under Cocu. Who also has Leon Rosenior working under him as an assistant.

Apart from Lampard, where timing and circumstance worked in his favour, because it's Chelsea, if it wasn't them, he would of stayed in the Championship. Rest of them aren't in the PL.

Bowyer was already the assistant coach, and then got the job as a caretaker till the end of the season. (The owner is quite the character as well) First full season, he got them promoted from div 1. Woodgate was already a coach at the club for 2 years before he got the job. Those 2 served an apprenticeship at their current clubs, before getting the job. And because they both played for the clubs and came thru the academies. It made sense to give them a try. Steve Gibson has a history of giving 1st time managers/head coaches an opportunity.

Considering the short life expectancy of coaching in all 4 divisions in England and both sports and social media coverage. I salute any of big name players who want to giving it a shot, they aren't doing it for the money. Instead of the 90-05 big name cowards who hide from the pressure and became talking heads. 5 games was enough for Shearer. G Nev did a few months. Scholes lasted about 6 weeks.
Dear god Garry Neville :MJlfacepalm:

Henry in France as well :francis:

:mjlol:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Sounds like Leroy really is leaving :mjcry:

Leroy to Bayern was never an if, just a when. Bayern need speedy wingers, I mean look at what Dortmund did to them on the counter. Sane, Gnarby and Coman will be a start to replace the Ribery/Robben combo that was a constant in the Bayern attack.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Leroy to Bayern was never an if, just a when. Bayern need speedy wingers, I mean look at what Dortmund did to them on the counter. Sane, Gnarby and Coman will be a start to replace the Ribery/Robben combo that was a constant in the Bayern attack.

Werner next summer on a free. They might have the quickest forward line in the history of FIFA/PES default squads for the '21 editions

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Rooney to come back as player/manager of Derby

Jobs for the boys :mjpls:

Gerrard at Rangers
Lampard at Chelsea
Woodgate
Bowyer

All the cac 2000s players getting fast tracked into top managerial posts

Only breh I can think of is Sol Campbell at Macclesfield

Ain't Rio want to manage? If so :mjpls:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Ain't Rio want to manage? If so :mjpls:

Rio's lifestyle is too busy to be a coach. Between his various business interests (Restaurant, fashion, media production company, punditry and his foundation) and the children, he doesn't have the time to enter the time consuming world of coaching.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
How did Frank Lampard get the Chelsea job? :dahell:

It's just now hit me that's he's the manager. under what pedigree? He only has one year of managerial experience. literally one year. he wasn't even part of the coaching staff in his previous team.

UK may not be more overtly racist than America, but when it comes to career opportunity for black folks, it definitely fall behind America. give me the latter anyday