Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Rottweiler

All Star
Daps
Neymar's PSG career summed up in a gif :dead:

giphy.gif

:russ:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Matic and Mata should never ever be on the pitch at the same time for united. Matic in particular shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Attack and midfield is just as big a problem as defence but people seem to think defence is the big issue.

Ole has lost credibility to me saying players wont be here this coming season and all the mugs still there.

concise

Veteran
Daps
US soccer culture loves copying stuff from elsewhere, I wonder why they never tried to start a supercup? :jbhmm:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Last I saw they doing one with Mexico called the Campeones Cup.

:manny:

That's close but not quite, supercup is usually league champ vs cup champ that gets the season started, like today's German and French ones, tomorrow's Community Shield, etc. So it would be something like MLS Cup champ vs Open Cup champ the week before the league season.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That's close but not quite, supercup is usually league champ vs cup champ that gets the season started, like today's German and French ones, tomorrow's Community Shield, etc. So it would be something like MLS Cup champ vs Open Cup champ the week before the league season.
I'm aware of what a super cup is :unimpressed:

Edit: I'll rep you anyway cause your intentions were good :unimpressed:

Daps
I know Ajax's defense is going to have to take time to adjust after their losses this transfer window, but they were doo doo against Vitesse today.

Their midfield got that work, too. Blind was getting beaten repeatedly.

Vitesse was winning long balls and really could have won that game with some more composed finishing. Ajax had a decent chance to win it anyway because they still have Ziyech, Tadic, van de Beek (for now), etc., and Marin missed on three balls where he should have probably finished at least one of them, but if their back four is going to just let opposing teams latch onto long balls like that, they're in for a long season. Den Haag has some work to do there because most teams are going to sit back and send long balls over the top on the counter if they can get the chances that Vitesse got today.