Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
A month ago I would've been heated with Maguire for 85m and a Dybala signings. But at this point with how incompetent transfer strategy has been I'm just happy Woodward will sign anybody. Just do something :damn:

They've known what positions needed to be strengthened for over a year now and week before transfer deadline only AWB has been signed :mindblown:

Midfield has been shyt for years now, then they proceed to lose Fellaini and Herrera, Matic is done :flabbynsick: and only midfielder rumored to come in was Longstaff :huhldup:

The clear plan was British core with a sprinkle of foreign stardust.

The fact United cannot shift alot of the high earners within the squad, leaves them in this situation.

They have addressed RB and CB needs, so that is at least something. But yeah, no CM's and a RW is poor form. Mata, Lingard playing RW is :beli:

naijaboi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NaijaToLAViaATL
66339103_161221838342841_9028445588463289544_n.jpg

3jqHHbV.png
#WengerEmerySeason
HtyK2Ke.png

Good to see Reiss back in training.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The clear plan was British core with a sprinkle of foreign stardust.

The fact United cannot shift alot of the high earners within the squad, leaves them in this situation.

They have addressed RB and CB needs, so that is at least something. But yeah, no CM's and a RW is poor form. Mata, Lingard playing RW is :beli:
The entire concept of a British core is so dumb.

What exactly do they think that will do?:pachaha:

I’ll give you the RB. But imagine if United added Maguire with Pepe and the CM that went to Spurs and Bruno.

The moves were out there.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I hate and never watch YouTube skills/goals compilations...

But boy them Nicolas Pepe ones :wow:

And the one thing that gives me confidence is the fact that in Auba and Laca we've already got good attackers, so trying to shift your whole defence to one side or against one player just leaves space for the other 2 :wow:

Either Nico pulls defenders to him or he gets left one on one and he seems to be good in either situation. Whether he had 3 bodies around him, was going one on one from a standing start or out-running someone, he seems to be pretty damn good at all of it.

D@nté

Banned
Daps
Reppin
West Kingston Rockfort West Bank
I hate and never watch YouTube skills/goals compilations...

But boy them Nicolas Pepe ones :wow:

And the one thing that gives me confidence is the fact that in Auba and Laca we've already got good attackers, so trying to shift your whole defence to one side or against one player just leaves space for the other 2 :wow:

Either Nico pulls defenders to him or he gets left one on one and he seems to be good in either situation. Whether he had 3 bodies around him, was going one on one from a standing start or out-running someone, he seems to be pretty damn good at all of it.
The Sanchez days we were still crap then but he was clutch

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The entire concept of a British core is so dumb.

What exactly do they think that will do?:pachaha:

Be Spurs of the Norf, but with a larger piggy bank.

The concept of it, is basically because it's United, the Brit players are less likely want to leave to foreign leagues. Also the old Fergie romanticism comes into play.

Theyve tried everything else, talented foreign players outside and within the league and it's been inconsistent.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Dani Alves to São Paulo is official. Filipe Luis coming back to Brasil made sense because he’s injury prone, but even at his age Dani is reliable health wise and still plays at a high level. I really thought he’d get one more run at one of the major European clubs.

I wish him nothing but the worst in his future endeavors.

Daps
Just when I thought Newcastle purchasing some bum from a mediocre league that he didn't dominate for 40M was the worst transfer of the year, here comes Man U to challenge that thought.