Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
@Kunty McPhuck You think Aston Villa are doing a Fulham, buying everyone for the sake of it and not benefiting from it :patrice: since that's part of the reason Aston Villa got relegated in the first place

Both Fulham and now Villa had to buy. Vila released like half of the squad.

Fulham lost about 8-9 players that were key to their promotion by either going back to their parent clubs or leaving. So they had to spend. Also factor in that their transfer window started later because of the play off finals and then the WC and the window closing before everyone else's, which left Fulham about 3-4 weeks to get players in. Fulham's mistake was not getting enough proven PL players. And because of Jokanovic style of play, even in the Championship, it took then players a while to get it. So lack of time for signing to bed in, poor signings and Jokanovic failing to change his tactics you got the shyt show of last season. To sum up Fulhams season, Seri cannot play in cold weather. :mjlol:. Playing in Newcastle would of killed him.

Now this window for Villa, they have bought players with PL and or English football experience, but also young players to develop and some foreign buys with potential to improve. But the main thing they got is time to bed in the new signings. And now signing Heaton, which is a big big signing. Fulham signed 2 Iberian keepers :beli: Villa have to keep Grealish fit and hope Wesley is more @Roberto Firmino and Gabby Jesus than Alfonso Alves. Brasilian strikers don't have the greatest record overall on the PL.

I know of the media got their narrative OMGz they spent over 100m. But the reality is when you lose half of your squads and still have to improve the overall quality of the squad, while still replacing what you've lost, you have to spend money and big. Now people can bring up a Burnley and Bournemouth but they kept their base of core players that got them up in the first place. Their goal when they came up was to not go down, but also spend on a budget, that if they did go down straight away, they weren't crippling the club financially.

Villa is different because they are a big club and from the 2nd City of the country, while Burnley is Burnley and Bournemouth people go for stag dos. So expectations aren't as high. And Fulham is just fighting for the scraps of trying to be the 5-8th best team in London.

I bet you wish you never asked now :skip:

TL:DR who knows, the only thing, we can all agree on, the market is phucked:manny:

Last edited:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Both Fulham and now Villa had to buy. Vila released like half of the squad.

Fulham lost about 8-9 players that were key to their promotion by either going back to their parent clubs or leaving. So they had to spend. Also factor in that their transfer window started later because of the play off finals and then the WC and the window closing before everyone else's, which left Fulham about 3-4 weeks to get players in. Fulham's mistake was not getting enough proven PL players. And because of Jokanovic style of play, even in the Championship, it took then players a while to get it. So lack of time for signing to bed in, poor signings and Jokanovic failing to change his tactics you got the shyt show of last season. To sum up Fulhams season, Seri cannot play in cold weather. :mjlol:. Playing in Newcastle would of killed him.

Now this window for Villa, they have bought players with PL and or English football experience, but also young players to develop and some foreign buys with potential to improve. But the main thing they got is time to bed in the new signings. And now signing Heaton, which is a big big signing. Fulham signed 2 Iberian keepers :beli: Villa have to keep Grealish fit and hope Wesley is more @Roberto Firmino and Gabby Jesus than Alfonso Alves. Brasilian strikers don't have the greatest record overall on the PL.

I know of the media got their narrative OMGz they spent over 100m. But the reality is when you lose half of your squads and still have to improve the overall quality of the squad, while still replacing what you've lost, you have to spend money and big. Now people can bring up a Burnley and Bournemouth but they kept their base of core players that got them up in the first place. Their goal when they came up was to not go down, but also spend on a budget, that if they did go down straight away, they weren't crippling the club financially.

Villa is different because they are a big club and from the 2nd City of the country, while Burnley is Burnley and Bournemouth people go for stag dos. So expectations aren't as high. And Fulham is just fighting for the scraps of trying to be the 5-8th best team in London.

I bet you wish you never asked now :skip:

TL:DR who knows, the only thing, we can all agree on, the market is phucked:manny:
Good read :russ:

Fukkery never stops :mjlol:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
All of those guys were done or close to it besides Angel. Ibra got us a trophy or two at least. Angel never wanted to go to Man U. In his press conference he said they never went away. Dybala is whatever as long as he's netting 210.

I don't know wtf they are going to do with him, and thats an isolated situation.
It doesn't seem like Dybala is too enthusiastic to come either :francis:

Even though I'm not a fan of Dybala, there's no creativity in the team outside of Pogba. And he'll be especially needed when Pogba leaves next season :francis:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
It doesn't seem like Dybala is too enthusiastic to come either :francis:

Even though I'm not a fan of Dybala, there's no creativity in the team outside of Pogba. And he'll be especially needed when Pogba leaves next season :francis:
Argies in Manchester don't usually work. Aguero the single exception. Dybala is obviously very talented and better than our attackers but I fear it'll be the typical issue with Argies not liking Manchester.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Argies in Manchester don't usually work. Aguero the single exception. Dybala is obviously very talented and better than our attackers but I fear it'll be the typical issue with Argies not liking Manchester.

Tevez worked as well, even if he was unhappy.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
So Malcom is going to Zenit?

strange seen these young black players go to barca and kinda flop or are quick to get sold after a couple of years . umtiti, malcom and dembele, two outta those look like world class talents:patrice:

barca most be on some :mjpls: