Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
This is my thing. If everybody already knows/presumes Mook's angles because of how public everything was, I feel like that has the potential to take the air outta Mook's material. Imagine how hard the hammer shyt would hit if he brought it up for the first time in the battle?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is my thing. If everybody already knows/presumes Mook's angles because of how public everything was, I feel like that has the potential to take the air outta Mook's material. Imagine how hard the hammer shyt would hit if he brought it up for the first time in the battle?
Nah.

We've seen this a million times. People want to hear the angle no matter how long it has been or how many times it has been brought up before.

We all knew the angle Lux was about to take against Clips, shyt still hit. How many times did we hear the O Red story? That shyt hit every time. We all knew how people were gonna go at Bill Collector for years and it always worked. As long as the bars are there and you do it in a creative enough way you'll be good.

Hell, people STILL want to see Math battle Mook and it's only because of the angle Math would (presumably) take from some shyt that happened a decade ago.

It also depends a lot of times on how liked/disliked the battler is. Mook is pretty disliked by a good portion of fans, Brizz really wasn't before this, so maybe that can play into it.

PUN711

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not saying they were compromised, but if you're a fan of a certain battler overall and then they have a debatable, you're more likely to give that guy the win.

Ryda didn't knock out Mike P.

• Dap
Reactions: Mtt

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Not saying they were compromised, but if you're a fan of a certain battler overall and then they have a debatable, you're more likely to give that guy the win.

Ryda didn't knock out Mike P.

I'd argue that second round did, simply cus of a glass jaw.

Regardless, he won the war

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Nah.

We've seen this a million times. People want to hear the angle no matter how long it has been or how many times it has been brought up before.

We all knew the angle Lux was about to take against Clips, shyt still hit. How many times did we hear the O Red story? That shyt hit every time. We all knew how people were gonna go at Bill Collector for years and it always worked. As long as the bars are there and you do it in a creative enough way you'll be good.

Hell, people STILL want to see Math battle Mook and it's only because of the angle Math would (presumably) take from some shyt that happened a decade ago.

It also depends a lot of times on how liked/disliked the battler is. Mook is pretty disliked by a good portion of fans, Brizz really wasn't before this, so maybe that can play into it.
I think the situation changed how people felt about both battlers (as people)

I aint a fan of Mook at all, I've said I'd be fine if the nikka never battled again.

Thats being said, seeing how he held his composure after that mom line earned some points with me, just seeing how quickly Cal was ready to throw it all away when he was asking mook mook he wanna do...i can't think of any other top tiers besides Lux/Hollow who woulda just ate that line like that and kept it rap (ofc DNA but that dont count :mjlol:)

Idk it just reminded me how much of a battle rap OG mook is :salute: i still dont wanna hear him rap, but i hoping he can real talk Brizz's soul outta the room

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Lmaooo i fukkin knew it

Half of daylyts craziest lines vs tay were designed for the big stage

Obviously the "yall wanna see a Smack move? Smack move!" Was supposed to be him pushing smack out the way, that woulda blew the roof off the building with the statue line

But he's sayin he was supposed to start the first round with the whole rock paper scissors thing, and for the SZA line she was gonna be on stage to pocket check. To start the battle...

I cant imagine how hyped the crowd woulda been for Tay Rocs performance too :wow: im im happy for what we got but man, coulda been crazier