Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do yall think not having a crowd makes a difference? I think it helps Brizz in this case cause I think Mook if he approaches the angle right could turn a crowd against Brizz.

Also, any chance Mook just bullshyts cause he thinks Brizz isn't on his level? Just a battle for a check?
Even though people think a lot of his shyt is wack (particularly the Iron battle) Mook has never shortchanged a battle. He takes the shyt 100% seriously.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The more I think about it there is literally no way Brizz can win. He instigated an incident, got punched, ran away, hid for a year, the hammer incident... the angle is just way too strong. Brizz looks ridiculous from both a street perspective AND a man perspective. Bars ain't getting you out of that, and Mook is a considerably better lyricist anyway. No crowd for Brizz to get hype. Even if Brizz were to outrap Mook somehow, which is also unlikely, the angles would just too be strong.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Bro...I lost it. I was already on shakey ground freestyling in the 2nd...but the crowd reaction was giving me time think between bars. Once the 3rd started...crickets.

Daydream about sparring then dream about a battle. Get your weight up with your bars, man. End up on a Ascension card next time. Lol.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more I think about it there is literally no way Brizz can win. He instigated an incident, got punched,

ran away, hid for a year, the hammer incident...

Anybody got a video that breaks down all of this? I seen the clip of the altercation but everything after the "got punched" part I didn't see. Hammers came out? And what's up with Tay Roc and holding the door? I seen that on a clip of Swamp barking on Tay Roc but had no idea what they were talking about.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
geechi vs goodz

This is gonna be good. The reason Geechi always wins in a lot of people’s eyes is because dudes try to talk street shyt with him and you’re not gonna out-gangster him. Even when dudes try to take to Lux “brother you’re wrong” angle, it mostly falls short...especially if they talk that shyt themselves. Goodz has the most potential to humble Geechi by swaggin on him/displaying sheer arrogance.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Even though people think a lot of his shyt is wack (particularly the Iron battle) Mook has never shortchanged a battle. He takes the shyt 100% seriously.
Which is why I hold Mook in high regard in terms of how he moves in the ring opposed to these other battlers that choke left and right and still get babied by the nikkas.

Especially concidering his status.

nikkas like Lux, Hollow and Mook I’ll always hold in high regards in terms of their professionalism

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Anybody got a video that breaks down all of this? I seen the clip of the altercation but everything after the "got punched" part I didn't see. Hammers came out? And what's up with Tay Roc and holding the door? I seen that on a clip of Swamp barking on Tay Roc but had no idea what they were talking about.
I was literally right there when everything happened. So Brizz got punched, it turned into a big melee. Top fell down and knocked half the stage over. Calicoe’s pops Black Face got involved and swung on Brizz. Brizz friend held it down (RIP, just recently murdered) but it was basically Brizz friend and Chess vs the whole Dot Mob and Landslide. Tay Roc didn’t get involved he just kinda stood there. Eventually security just maced everyone on stage. The following day, video comes out and it shows after Brizz got swung on, he ran out the venue and Tay Roc was in the back entrance by the door.

The gun incident is months later when Mook, Rex and someone else was in Brizz hometown for some battle event. Brizz found out where they were and confronted them with a hammer (not a gun, a real hammer) and Mook and them were like “Fam, we got real guns on us”. Brizz was mad because he thought Rex hit him with a bottle and they show led him footage that it wasn’t Rex. This part is a little fuzzy but if I recall they claim it was Top that actually accidentally hit him with a bottle on the footage.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I was literally right there when everything happened. So Brizz got punched, it turned into a big melee. Top fell down and knocked half the stage over. Calicoe’s pops Black Face got involved and swung on Brizz. Brizz friend held it down (RIP, just recently murdered) but it was basically Brizz friend and Chess vs the whole Dot Mob and Landslide. Tay Roc didn’t get involved he just kinda stood there. Eventually security just maced everyone on stage. The following day, video comes out and it shows after Brizz got swung on, he ran out the venue and Tay Roc was in the back entrance by the door.

The gun incident is months later when Mook, Rex and someone else was in Brizz hometown for some battle event. Brizz found out where they were and confronted them with a hammer (not a gun, a real hammer) and Mook and them were like “Fam, we got real guns on us”. Brizz was mad because he thought Rex hit him with a bottle and they show led him footage that it wasn’t Rex. This part is a little fuzzy but if I recall they claim it was Top that actually accidentally hit him with a bottle on the footage.
It’s important to mention that the story about the gun incident w/ Rex and Mook with the hammer isn’t confirmed by Brizz or anyone outside of the Dot Mob camp. That’s important to state.

It’s gossip til confirmed.

ReasonableMatic

Daps

I agree with most of what Avocado was saying and feel sympathy for his situation.

However, I LOVED the fact that there was no crowd there to interrupt the battlers.

I LOVED the 360 degree camera pan during the battles (Especially during the Daylyt vs Tay Roc battle while Daylyt was SPAZZING)

I got annoyed when both of them stopped their momentum to say “How I get a react in a quiet room” Because the ones that were in attendance were doin too much, causing them to acknowledge them.
Think about that, if they were standing there it would be worse and the crowd interrupting and forcing the battlers to stop their momentum would be an issue all over again.
When the quiet room should eliminate that issue

So naah, keep battlers far away from other ppl in the room, cause nikkas can’t control themselves. I’m good on them bein absent.