Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
All of this is pretty accurate except for one thing you are all forgetting the obvious BUT probably ignored it the whole time because you may not follow him like that. Mike is a fukking gamer. Who is Caffeine still trying to compete with? Twitch. What did Twitch have over there mainly before everyone went over to stream all kinds of content? Gamers. So check this out: Mike goes live about battle rap...gets a few people to talk to him on his schedule, right? He posts about going live and gaming...may get a few likes and retweets on Twitter. I've seen it happen about 3 times already and noticed the pattern.

Now the push for him? It was probably the most obvious when he went live and after the battle then started talking about Ryda and the situation with Ashley. If you went on the page that day of Caffeine, you saw Mike there first come up. I'm not sure you had to follow him or not to see, but that shyt was right there in your face. My thing is...Caffeine would really advertise a response like that on their front page? Hmmmmmm. The push is real.

Youre definitely on to something. Hell Danny Myers, Surf and Daylyt are heavy gamers too. nikkas is nerds out here.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
117285603-10158427650242350-8669142920834653532-o.jpg
gattas :leon:

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is going to be an unpopular opinion here, but I think she’s a terrible battler and has no bars. The few times she does have bars, it sounds like someone wrote them.

She’s basically all performance and says absolutely nothing. Pretty much the same lane MR Wavy is in.

She’s very regional to me. I understand why she gets love at home. I can’t see her getting love outside of NY though imo.

The O’fficial/Hustle battle is one of the weirdest battles ever because she said nothing hot the whole battle, yet people gave her the 30.
yeah i agree, she said nothing that battle. official maybe wasnt her best but easily better than hustle but the crowd from jump decided hustle was gonna win. i felt like after official beat jaz in their battle in NY, had official beaten hustle at home back to back, official couldve started getting female goat talk and they were not having that , worst and most biased crowd ever except maybe verb/rex after the money went up

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Youre definitely on to something. Hell Danny Myers, Surf and Daylyt are heavy gamers too. nikkas is nerds out here.

I'm sayin'...they could all have had some NBA 2K shyt or other gaming shyt jumping off on there now if they wanted to. set up tourneys and etc. hell, them fools that make the URL 2K vids...they could easily set up shop over there if they haven't already.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Hart bout to run through them

Prolly. But 40 already beat her and got her mojo back after whopping Hustle. With all the controversy surrounding their 2 on 2, I'd like to see a rematch in the Finals.

Hart beat 40 to me but i admit it's one of her debatable battles.

Hart is genuinely undefeated in my eyes. But her debatable are Ms.Fit Official 40 and Jaz.

But in this format i don't think anyone is on her level on this card besides 40 so yea a rematch would be dope especially seeing what happened in their 2v2.

Hart also is stepping up her performance game. It was most notable in her battle vs Melato. All 3 rounds were crazy. A performance of this level can honestly body one of these newer girls.

But then again we seen both times now that upsets will happen. I'm not against seeing the best ms.murk/jada/vixen/casey/melato we ever seen make a name for their selves and beat one of them.

I'm already preparing myself for tori to disappoint :sadcam:

I will say this. I think the girls are gonna take that 25k alot more serious then the dudes. How anyone can go up there and choke it up with 25k on the line is beyond me not to mention the girls already get paid alot less then the dudes anyway. 25k at once is probably never possible for any of these girls honestly.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will say this. I think the girls are gonna take that 25k alot more serious then the dudes. How anyone can go up there and choke it up with 25k on the line is beyond me not to mention the girls already get paid alot less then the dudes anyway. 25k at once is probably never possible for any of these girls honestly.

nah I guarantee the females will choke and it has nothing to do with not taking it serious.

Judged battles will always produce chokes because the type of pressure the battler is under to perform well

From total slaughter to UFF to Ultimate Madness you’re going to see chokes in high pressure situations

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
nah I guarantee the females will choke and it has nothing to do with not taking it serious.

Judged battles will always produce chokes because the type of pressure the battler is under to perform well

From total slaughter to UFF to Ultimate Madness you’re going to see chokes in high pressure situations

Yea u have a point.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea u have a point.

a lot of these women are single mothers

just imagine the nerves and anxiety of battling with 25k around the corner?

I definitely see some chokes. However, you’ll also have some battlers that are completely ice cold in these situations like Rex was at total slaughter.

I wonder how qotr was able to put this together.