Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said this in the UM2 thread, but guys that tend to momentarily lose their spot, and get it back are going to perform horribly in this tournament.

Im not talking about guys that choke and stumble. I’m talking about guys that may have a slight brain freeze. They’ll literally lose their spot and seem to regain it back in seconds.

I recently watch a little bit of one of Saga’s battles in Gates of the Garden. It really makes sense why he’s performing so horribly. He kept losing his spot, and having to repeat his lines. However, you can disguise this with a crowd.

It’s funny because he was clean against Bdot, but the pressure was obviously higher being on NOME, and then a judged battle.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
I don't see it helping him too much. He scooped up a lame cac broad, so what. Then he did some battle rap August Alsina shyt. If flipped right, you could angle him on it. No way does it make up for how bad they violated him.

What they did to that nikka.

But you know how it go with controversial angles. It gets fans talking; especially if you look like a victor in the situation. URL looks at what gets names buzzing which is unfortunate yet true. The way it seems to a majority of the fans, Ryda got robbed and he played a certain role against Mike in that battle. Had Mike not reacted, folks wouldn't have made a speculation. Plus, Ryda has been doing the whole slik shirt/I-pulled-ya-chick thing for a minute in battles and now he "allegedly" has an example of doing it against one of his opponents.

And you're right, it can work against Ryda. Because some people see it as kiss-and-tell bullshyt.

Its definitely something I would never condone in real life. But if you battling a nikka and that's the situation, it would be dumb not to. I'm sure ppl will hit him wit a gossip queen angle tho

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
I'm interested in seeing Shine without the Gas.
I wonder will his Twork similarities be magnified now that it's no NWX gassing it.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What they did to that nikka.

Its definitely something I would never condone in real life. But if you battling a nikka and that's the situation, it would be dumb not to. I'm sure ppl will hit him wit a gossip queen angle tho
Swave and them? Watch the Goonies/Team Homi battle. They punked Ryda something terrible

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Ive spent a few days pondering how to podcast and monetize this thread on caffeineTV :heh:
This is easily one of the best sources for grounded in depth battlerap discussion.

Problem is i'd be regurgitating(plagiarizing) post and ideas from this thread(you guys) directly.:russ:... and there's only so long fake thugs can pretend.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive spent a few days pondering how to podcast and monetize this thread on caffeineTV :heh:
This is easily one of the best sources for grounded in depth battlerap discussion.

Problem is i'd be regurgitating(plagiarizing) post and ideas from this thread(you guys) directly.:russ:... and there's only so long fake thugs can pretend.

Speaking of podcasts, what happened to the one you and the other brehs on here had years ago? Ya could've been one of the top bloggers if ya took it serious lol.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That last sentence is true :mjlol:

battle rap diet
choke madness

would be hits :mjlol:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Mike P girl is the incarnation of Karma. Thats what you get you fukking dumb bytch.