Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Ryda went from Swave giving him the bytch stigma to playin' out how he was with Mike P's girl. Crazy how that happened. Ryda lost but he'll end up with another plate after this. Mike P gotta crucial angle on him now. Hopefully, he'll keep his focus.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cmon bro

We have about close to 4000 post in this thread even more in our sohh days im apart of the angry fan Facebook group , I subscribe to most of the major bloggers

When a talent is on the rise or a guy has had a epic battle NOBODY says oh "I want to see this guy vs mook" as in fans are not asking for a mook battle. Def not when you compare a guy like say lux or verb or even hollow or etc other legends who name is always tossed in as match up potentials.

A few battle rappers might mention mook name hoping to get a big bag out of it. But frfr if mook never battled again nobody would care.
Yall always say this shyt because you WANT it to be that way, but if a Mook battle gets announced tomorrow we are all gonna watch it, its gonna be the main event, and it will have more celebrity tweets about it than anyone else in battle rap. :yeshrug:

There is also very little correlation between Mook and Surf in terms of their situations and why people would or would not want to watch them battle.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Ryda went from Swave giving him the bytch stigma to playin' out how he was with Mike P's girl. Crazy how that happened. Ryda lost but he'll end up with another plate after this. Mike P gotta crucial angle on him now. Hopefully, he'll keep his focus.
I don't see it helping him too much. He scooped up a lame cac broad, so what. Then he did some battle rap August Alsina shyt. If flipped right, you could angle him on it. No way does it make up for how bad they violated him.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Assuming Summer madness is in the same type of setting as Nome and the tournament's it might get bad for Shine. As much as Pat Stay embraced his token white boy joker role in URL the guy can rap. He can break down people, scheme, punch and even rebuttal. Just don't see shine winning in that setting.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Assuming Summer madness is in the same type of setting as Nome and the tournament's it might get bad for Shine. As much as Pat Stay embraced his token white boy joker role in URL the guy can rap. He can break down people, scheme, punch and even rebuttal. Just don't see shine winning in that setting.
As much as I like timely, gas free battles, SM needs the stage.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I don't see it helping him too much. He scooped up a lame cac broad, so what. Then he did some battle rap August Alsina shyt. If flipped right, you could angle him on it. No way does it make up for how bad they violated him.

But you know how it go with controversial angles. It gets fans talking; especially if you look like a victor in the situation. URL looks at what gets names buzzing which is unfortunate yet true. The way it seems to a majority of the fans, Ryda got robbed and he played a certain role against Mike in that battle. Had Mike not reacted, folks wouldn't have made a speculation. Plus, Ryda has been doing the whole slik shirt/I-pulled-ya-chick thing for a minute in battles and now he "allegedly" has an example of doing it against one of his opponents.

And you're right, it can work against Ryda. Because some people see it as kiss-and-tell bullshyt.