The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
My exact sentiments on expansion

:martin: We don’t care, but to me the games that matter still matter, and the opposing argument assumes that teams won’t care, and the fans won’t watch, when we know that’s not true
They deserve it fr. Think I saw on Facebook they ain’t never been ranked before right
I still remember when they were a club team and Stillman rocked they ass

Toe-tapestry

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
To hell if I was a coach, if I was a player, that QB would have to see me after the game. You don't even try, just run out of bounds? fukk that. That's "take this mf's scholarship" levels
All I could do is walk in the bathroom and take a shyt after that :mjcry:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Expansion isn't need...it'll get to 16 teams eventually and we'll be stuck w/ UNC getting smashed by Bama 49-0 in the first round...realistically there are still only ~2-4 worthwhile teams that are truly title contenders every year. IIRC, OSU in 2014 has been the only real "upset" thus far and that was with the second best coach of the last 30 years. Every other year has played out in a predictable fashion.

Bama will be able to get in w/ 3 losses yet UCF or Cincy will still have to be undefeated.

It's about getting the "best" teams in the playoffs, the committe/conferences only care about getting the biggest names invited.
Talent is able to congregate to the top precisely because there are only 4 schools that consistently make the playoffs. Dantonio called it selling dreams vs selling results. When he first got to MSU he had to sell dreams. Yeah you won’t ever be able to recruit like Alabama and Georgia and OSU but you may be able to flip a couple 5 star guys who would have to ride the bench because you can sell a playoff birth.

You’re right. No it won’t help North Carolina type schools but it’s definitely gonna help the Michigans, Penn States, Texas, Oklahoma, USC’s and Oregon’s who are sitting on the fringe, but It’s also gonna help the 3-5 teams in the conference like MSU, Okie States, Miami’s, TCU’s especially on the off years where it all comes together unexpectedly.

I mean you didn’t want to see a healthy K9 in a meaningful post season game last year? Imagine a fukkery year where Alabama fukks around and loses 2 games and has to travel up north in December.