The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
If your child played P5 football

His freshman year he’s a full time starter on a team that made the CFP and he himself won many national and conference awards

Sophomore year it’s more of the same and they win the national championship

Would u tell him to go back and play another year, or sit out the season until the NFL draft?

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps

His freshman year he’s a full time starter on a team that made the CFP and he himself won many national and conference awards

Would u tell him to go back and play another year, or sit out the season until the NFL draft?
I’d never advise him to sit out. He made it where he is by being a competitor on the highest level. Plus the parent telling the kid to sit out sounds too much like the parent has a built in interest in wanting the kid to get that big NFL check so the parent can benefit from it. If my son wants to continue to play, it would be selfish of me to tell him to sit out a whole year for the NFL.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I’d never advise him to sit out. He made it where he is by being a competitor on the highest level. Plus the parent telling the kid to sit out sounds too much like the parent has a built in interest in wanting the kid to get that big NFL check so the parent can benefit from it. If my son wants to continue to play, it would be selfish of me to tell him to sit out a whole year for the NFL.
I feel u bra

Don’t u think that’s an investment tho? I think more players play college football in hopes get to the NFL rather than they love they game

I’m of the mindset he a business and got nothin to prove, wat could playin another year do for u?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Furthermore getting a degree actually fukkin matters…especially when nfl careers are over faster than album release cycles. Dudes like RG3 and Jake Butt are calling games, and were college heroes at major schools and shyt…i would never advice a football player to not get their degree

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
:what: Going to a school doesn’t make you good or bad at a position, there’s so many different coaching staffs, personnel and schemes. Imagine judging your nfl chances at qb of Freddie Kitchen, Brody, John Parker, and Aj mcCaron

Hey now AJ would’ve won a playoff game if the Bengals didn’t meltdown at the end of that Steelers game :ufdup:

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

I’m guessing said son is a CFB star, if he just went back to back with titles, that means he’s among the biggest names in the sport, which means he’s probably getting big time NIL money, why not come back another year and go for a three peat.

Even before NIL tho, I’d still advise him to stay cause I’m of the belief of finish what you started and get your degree, if the eligibility for the NFL is three years, you stay those three years, but that’s just me.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I’m guessing said son is a CFB star, if he just went back to back with titles, that means he’s among the biggest names in the sport, which means he’s probably getting big time NIL money, why not come back another year and go for a three peat.

Even before NIL tho, I’d still advise him to stay cause I’m of the belief of finish what you started and get your degree, if the eligibility is three years, you stay those three years, but that’s just me.
Nah they won his second year but not his first 😂

But naw I feel u, that’s definitely leaving money on the table wit NIL

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Nah they won his second year but not his first 😂

But naw I feel u, that’s definitely leaving money on the table wit NIL

My bad, case of the mornings :snoop:

Anyway, same deal, might as well get them NIL coins and continue to feast on inferior opponents another year before the grind that is the NFL. At the very least you won’t be rusty.

Injuries happen, I get that but hell you can tear your Achilles working out during the year you sat out.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Come on guys, college was some of the best times of our lives, now add money, and honeys, I’d tell lil Droptop to enjoy, but prepare for life after football, so if he has a specific interest, use your star power and the school, to get into rooms to get a job later on

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Come on guys, college was some of the best times of our lives, now add money, and honeys, I’d tell lil Droptop to enjoy, but prepare for life after football, so if he has a specific interest, use your star power and the school, to get into rooms to get a job later on
shytttt

It worked fine wit Jamar Chase Lls u kno wat I mean?

But naw y’all perspective is definitely correct, more opportunities outside of NFL if u stay in school

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
shytttt

It worked fine wit Jamar Chase Lls u kno wat I mean?

But naw y’all perspective is definitely correct, more opportunities outside of NFL if u stay in school
The thing about it, with chase was, it was Covid, and he looked around and saw they were going to catch a brick, minus whale chill, be safe and train

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What level of contempt would you display if your team switched up uniforms or helmet
To give you an example if Alabama switched to the script A on the helmet or rocked the white helmet from back in the g, or got crimson pants or a grey and crimson uniform?? What if auburn had an orange top or blue pants

@RammerJammer
@Rigby.
@Sauce Dab
@Whips-n-Chains
@smitty22
@Trav
@Chrishaune
@ReturnOfJudah
@invincible1914
@No Sleep
@Trust Me
@Ed MOTHEREFFING G
@intra vires
@Toussaint
I’ve been waiting a long time for us to have an alternate jersey. I wouldn’t want a permanent switch but I do want us to have alternates every now and then