The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
That’s the GOAT sports time of the year when CFB, NFL, NBA & college hoops are all playing at once, all without a fukking baseball in sight
Hell Nah. Getting cold and dark early. Lot of teams only have like 5 games left in the season :mjcry:

Gimme September after that long ass Summer Break of nothing but anticipation and everybody having hope for their team before it comes crashing down :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Hell Nah. Getting cold and dark early. Lot of teams only have like 5 games left in the season :mjcry:

Gimme September after that long ass Summer Break of nothing but anticipation and everybody having hope for their team before it comes crashing down :ahh:

Nothing like a post-time change 3PM sunset in Chicago

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I missed out on Saturday...I'm going to the bowl game especially if it's west coast
I understand get to it and enjoy

Too many folks checking out, rip young man
That’s why you become a season ticket holder. :win:
shyt you got that Midwest law money

What about @smitty22 & @Buckeye Fever
They gon have to sell all the merch out their van in Cleveland
200.gif

Hope you enjoy the Rose Bowl. Had to cancel our trip on NYE when the whole family had the Omarion.
Damn

AR gon convince someone to draft him and he will get that front office clipped

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
At the end of the day SEC plays a conference championship game that is usually for a playoff spot between the 2. I can’t remember if ever when the PAC 12, ACC, big 10 had to play in those circumstances. They usually only play average teams who are trying to be spoilers in those conference championship game

Goddamn, the circular reasoning here is wild. Yeah, if you purposely reduce conference losses by scheduling fewer in-conference games and filling your OOC with cupcakes, then it makes your chances of getting two playoff contenders more likely. That's the whole point - it's a cheap-ass way to juice your record. As I pointed out, Ole Miss could go 11-1 this year with a whole OOC schedule of cupcakes and not beating anyone in-conference better than fukking Kentucky. So then they'll be in playoff position, and that will have proved....what?

Not to mention the whole thing about trying to only play 4 road games the entire season, which is just embarassing for any semblance of fair competition.

I get your gripe, but a lot of these schedules are made yearsss in adv, also ads will throw former schools bones, or a match up that seems hot today will not be 5 years from now, we will never get to a point where we get good match ups while both teams are in a window because of too much cronyism, add to the fact that folks will shyt a brick if that makes their team miss out on a chance to get to the playoffs, but like @smitty22 say, eventually with extended playoffs you will get more match ups

My basic initial ask - that teams schedule at least 10-11 Power-5 matchups and leave the FCS out completely - has nothing to do with how far in advance games were scheduled.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Goddamn, the circular reasoning here is wild. Yeah, if you purposely reduce conference losses by scheduling fewer in-conference games and filling your OOC with cupcakes, then it makes your chances of getting two playoff contenders more likely. That's the whole point - it's a cheap-ass way to juice your record. As I pointed out, Ole Miss could go 11-1 this year with a whole OOC schedule of cupcakes and not beating anyone in-conference better than fukking Kentucky. So then they'll be in playoff position, and that will have proved....what?

Not to mention the whole thing about trying to only play 4 road games the entire season, which is just embarassing for any semblance of fair competition.

My basic initial ask - that teams schedule at least 10-11 Power-5 matchups and leave the FCS out completely - has nothing to do with how far in advance games were scheduled.
You can not want to involve the fcs but many an Ad got their start there, and will reach back to help their old school or garner favors in the future or pay a favor, so that’s actually the biggest hurdle, playing more games in the schedule won’t change anything, it’s a two team race typically, and the have nots get eliminated by one or two losses, who else would challenge ole miss this season not in the west besides maybe Tennessee or uga so they still could not see them in a 10 sec schedule, there is talk of a pod schedule where you get more variety and no divisions just major rivals and a rotation of other teams

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Almost as stupid as believing in an OSU QB in the NFL
:what: Going to a school doesn’t make you good or bad at a position, there’s so many different coaching staffs, personnel and schemes. Imagine judging your nfl chances at qb of Freddie Kitchen, Brody, John Parker, and Aj mcCaron