The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
This, the preseason and mid season rankings only exist to create hype for games to casuals.

#5 ND vs #2 OSU sounds more appealing to the casual fan with the little #’s in front

Look at week 1 rankings vs current to see how inaccurate those rankings are.

Outside of the obvious 4-6 teams the rankings are a complete crapshoot, and serve no purpose besides viewership
I say this all the time and yet people run around talking about we’re the #5 team :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
This is just not a big weekend of football

“Big matchups”:

Syracuse at Clemson meh, Clemson wins by 10

Ole Miss at lsu. Could be interesting be def not a big match up. Ole Miss has never been a part of a big match up.

Texas at OSU, could be good. UT is still fraudulent imho

Ucla vs Oregon, pac 12 but I guess I’ll watch

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This is just not a big weekend of football

“Big matchups”:

Syracuse at Clemson meh, Clemson wins by 10

Ole Miss at lsu. Could be interesting be def not a big match up. Ole Miss has never been a part of a big match up.

Texas at OSU, could be good. UT is still fraudulent imho

Ucla vs Oregon, pac 12 but I guess I’ll watch
This is definitely "take care of yard work / exercise / take the kids to the pumpkin patch / go to costume party with your girl" ass weekend

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Look at Michigan, OSU, Clemson, etc OOC schedule idiot.

Hit dogs holler! :russ:

I didn't say anything about Big-10/ACC schedules being any good, so whataboutism ain't gonna save your ass from having an embarassing schedule.

But FWIW, Ohio State only scheduled 2 games against non-Power 5 schools and ZERO games against FCS schools, and one of their OOC was Notre Dame who was preseason #5, so bullshyt on your claim. All the SEC teams I listed (and others besides) were scheduling 3 games against non-Power 5 including an FCS.

And the big 10 is fukking trash. Michigan and OSU won't play anyone with a pulse until they play each other.

Penn State was undefeated until UM and beat Auburn 41-12 on Auburn's own field, but now they "don't have a pulse". :duck:

Since Ole Miss only beat Auburn 48-34 at home and LSU barely squeaked by them 21-17, I guess those teams don't have a pulse either? Even Georgia wasn't even able to pull away until late in the game and Georgia was playing on their own field.

The delusions are remarkable.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
“Who was preseason #5”
:snoop:

Do you know how scheduling works? :dahell:

If you schedule Notre Dame then you're actually trying to have a tough game. If you schedule Toledo, you're not. No one can magically make their opponents have good seasons this year, but they can at least try to schedule teams with a chance instead of purposely lining up cupcakes.

Ohio State scheduled 10 Power-5 squads and 0 FCS squads, and one of their OOC was an elite team that has won 44 games the last 4 years and played in back-to-back BCS bowls. My complaint was with the teams that schedule 8-9 Power 5 squads and an FCS squad, and don't have a single playoff contender in their OOC schedule.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Do you know how scheduling works? :dahell:

If you schedule Notre Dame then you're actually trying to have a tough game. If you schedule Toledo, you're not. No one can magically make their opponents have good seasons this year, but they can at least try to schedule teams with a chance instead of purposely lining up cupcakes.

Ohio State scheduled 10 Power-5 squads and 0 FCS squads, and one of their OOC was an elite team that has won 44 games the last 4 years and played in back-to-back BCS bowls. My complaint was with the teams that schedule 8-9 Power 5 squads and an FCS squad, and don't have a single playoff contender in their OOC schedule.
Bama scheduled a road game against Texas it’s the same logic, what is the point you are making, cuz it’s been proven time and time again that when the best Big 10 team plays the best SEC team the Big 10 team gets ran off the field. How would scheduling an extra though opponent change that?

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Bama scheduled a road game against Texas it’s the same logic, what is the point you are making, cuz it’s been proven time and time again that when the best Big 10 team plays the best SEC team the Big 10 team gets ran off the field. How would scheduling an extra though opponent change that?
Idk about them other B1G teams but in the cfp OSU 1-1 against the sec, well Bama. Not taking away from the win Bama beat us, but OSU was riddled with covid. Still think Bama wins that game though with teams healthy. Our defense was ass.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Bama scheduled a road game against Texas it’s the same logic

I wasn't complaining about Bama scheduling Texas, that's a good start, a hell of a lot better than scheduling perennial doormats like Arizona or Georgia Tech as your only Power 5 game.

My very specific complaint was with the teams that constantly schedule 3 non-Power 5 cupcakes including an FCS school every year. What is the point of Alabama scheduling Utah State, UL Monroe, and Austin Peay as three of their matchups? That's 1/4 of their season already that they will hardly even have to try.

How would scheduling an extra though opponent change that?

Because failing to schedule those additional actual opponents up-and-down your entire conference lineup completely distorts records and makes it impossible to compare teams. Teams that play 9 in-conference games are automatically giving themselves an extra 1/2 loss per team than teams that only schedule 8 in-conference games. If the SEC actually scheduled an extra in-conference game like Pac-12, Big-12 and Big-10 have, then that would automatically add 8 SEC losses cause on of the teams has to lose every one of those extra games. But they avoid that because the good teams want to avoid upsets and have opponents with artificially inflated losses.

If they justified keeping an 8-game in-conference schedule by playing similar OOC schools in their place, then it would even out. But they don't. Up and down the SEC lineup the large majority of teams schedule 3 bad non-Power 5 squads including a FCS squad almost every year. So it's just guarenteed wins that mean nothing and don't tell you anything about how good they are compared to other teams. Not to mention also ensuring they get to play their benches more and keep their starters more rested and injury-free than other teams do.

If the SEC is as good as you claim, then why not just play 10-11 real matchups like I suggest and leave the FCS out of it? What's so hard about that? If other teams have done it at times, then surely the vaulted SEC can do that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I wasn't complaining about Bama scheduling Texas, that's a good start, a hell of a lot better than scheduling perennial doormats like Arizona or Georgia Tech as your only Power 5 game.
7NFa.gif

@xCivicx
@staticshock
@daemonova
@The_Sheff
@Mr Hate Coffee
@iamstr8fire

Negs are in order

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Hit dogs holler! :russ:

I didn't say anything about Big-10/ACC schedules being any good, so whataboutism ain't gonna save your ass from having an embarassing schedule.

But FWIW, Ohio State only scheduled 2 games against non-Power 5 schools and ZERO games against FCS schools, and one of their OOC was Notre Dame who was preseason #5, so bullshyt on your claim. All the SEC teams I listed (and others besides) were scheduling 3 games against non-Power 5 including an FCS.

Penn State was undefeated until UM and beat Auburn 41-12 on Auburn's own field, but now they "don't have a pulse". :duck:

Since Ole Miss only beat Auburn 48-34 at home and LSU barely squeaked by them 21-17, I guess those teams don't have a pulse either? Even Georgia wasn't even able to pull away until late in the game and Georgia was playing on their own field.

The delusions are remarkable.
Embarrassing compared to what? Our OOC looks the same as everyone else's. Notre Dame sucks no one cares about a preseason poll.

Penn State got their shyt pushed in against the first good team they played.