The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Spin this

You picked the best case scenarios

Odell was the son of a former nfl player, and according to your posting when we were talking about arch, Newman plays less than comp, so it’s reasonable to see he was looked over even though he had hella talent, obviously he should have been a 5 star

Same for the honey badger and Smitty, one played at an all black Catholic hs in Nola that’s not a football power house like Edna Karr, and destrahan (sp) wasn’t getting major love but they knew he was good

While you list those amazing stories what about some of those other 4 stars that’s come in and out the Flagship state university of Louisiana

What about such standouts like 4 stars Tharold Simon, and James Wright, from 2010

What about 2011 you say Odell’s year, Mickey Johnson, i guess i can give you Jermauria Rasco, who’s probably carrying Kenny Clark’s bags and pads

What about 5 star Kevin Tolliver surely he’d be destined for greatness ?? Tyron Johnson, oops he transferred to Ok state to have a marginal college career

Bruh y’all have talent but it’s not an overwhelming amount of it, don’t be that guy, because we can do this all day, Louisianas talented as a state, but a lot gets over looked, over hyped, and not always properly evaluated for being in a good situation to thrive, also i noticed it was a lot of classes with way more Texas, Mississippi, and Florida kids than kids from the boot, for all this alleged talent yall sure are fishing in other waters

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Ole Miss OOC:

Troy
Central Arkansas
Georgia Tech
Tulsa

Tennessee OOC:

Ball State
Akron
Pitt
UT Martin

Missouri OOC:

Louisiana Tech
Kansas State
Abilene Christian
New Mexico State

Alabama OOC:

Utah State
Texas
UL Monroe
Austin Peay

Mississippi State OOC:

Memphis
Arizona
Bowling Green
ETSU

It's going to remain impossible to rank teams fairly during the season when this is the kind of OOC they're playing. Then they only play 8 out of 14 teams in their own conference which makes it even more difficult to compare. Ole Miss could end up going 11-1 with their best win against a Kentucky team that might be 8-4 or 7-5 and unranked when the season ends, how can you even compare them to any other contenders when their OOC is Troy, Central Arkansas, Georgia Tech, and Tulsa?

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
FfY9fGxX0AE4VM_

:lupe:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Ole Miss OOC:

Troy
Central Arkansas
Georgia Tech
Tulsa

Tennessee OOC:

Ball State
Akron
Pitt
UT Martin

Missouri OOC:

Louisiana Tech
Kansas State
Abilene Christian
New Mexico State

Alabama OOC:

Utah State
Texas
UL Monroe
Austin Peay

Mississippi State OOC:

Memphis
Arizona
Bowling Green
ETSU

It's going to remain impossible to rank teams fairly during the season when this is the kind of OOC they're playing. Then they only play 8 out of 14 teams in their own conference which makes it even more difficult to compare. Ole Miss could end up going 11-1 with their best win against a Kentucky team that might be 8-4 or 7-5 and unranked when the season ends, how can you even compare them to any other contenders when their OOC is Troy, Central Arkansas, Georgia Tech, and Tulsa?
Cfp rankings is the only one that matters now. Their 1st release date is Nov 1st.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Cfp rankings is the only one that matters now. Their 1st release date is Nov 1st.

I'm talking about what I prefer, not what will happen. I've been saying since the BCS started that I wish teams were forced to play real schedules. It's long past time they stopped this "schedule a 1aa team to take a week off" bullshyt and forced teams that want to contend to schedule 11 legit matchups each year.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
I'm talking about what I prefer, not what will happen. I've been saying since the BCS started that I wish teams were forced to play real schedules. It's long past time they stopped this "schedule a 1aa team to take a week off" bullshyt and forced teams that want to contend to schedule 11 legit matchups each year.
While i agree with your point, those lessor schools depend on those paydays from the fbs schools. It will be interesting to see how it plays out as thw B1G and SEC continue to expand.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Ole Miss OOC:

Troy
Central Arkansas
Georgia Tech
Tulsa

Tennessee OOC:

Ball State
Akron
Pitt
UT Martin

Missouri OOC:

Louisiana Tech
Kansas State
Abilene Christian
New Mexico State

Alabama OOC:

Utah State
Texas
UL Monroe
Austin Peay

Mississippi State OOC:

Memphis
Arizona
Bowling Green
ETSU

Look at Michigan, OSU, Clemson, etc OOC schedule idiot.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Yea OOC doesn't matter when you play in the best conference. Michigan and OSU are the ones who need to be playing a tough OOC schedule. We've seen what Big 10 teams do in the playoffs.

Daps
Reppin
Chi

This, the preseason and mid season rankings only exist to create hype for games to casuals.

#5 ND vs #2 OSU sounds more appealing to the casual fan with the little #’s in front

Look at week 1 rankings vs current to see how inaccurate those rankings are.

Outside of the obvious 4-6 teams the rankings are a complete crapshoot, and serve no purpose besides viewership

Daps
Reppin
Chi
All these good ranked matchups on Saturday and all the big 10 has to offer is Iowa vs OSU :francis:

Sibling rivalry next weekend, fukkery ensured.

I’ll keep it a buck, there’s only 2 good big ten teams this year. PSU is doing their usual shyt and will be a 3-4 loss team. MSU is just not good, still rebuilding, UW isn’t good.

Iowa vs OSU is only interesting @ iowa. In Columbus take OSU - whatever bc they’ll cover.

Edit: the “big matchup” in the sec is miss st AT Bama 🥱…cmon breh we all know the outcome already.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
And the big 10 is fukking trash. Michigan and OSU won't play anyone with a pulse until they play each other.
You seem to put some sort of value on miss st., Arkansas, aTm, south Carolina, Kentucky...who exactly have they beat? Why are they better than Minnesota or Purdue?