Supporter
Daps
FfRTuZxX0AEOkDO

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I know the southern states are well represented, but I think Ed’s saying specifically in regard to 5*, that talent of the individual is equal whether that 5* is from Oregon, Ohio or FL

I’d say a 3* from FL, TX, GA is def better than a 3* in the Midwest
shyt I’d say even 5 stars are a bit different, not by much but it is

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Tennessee, is in a talent rich area and can still get good talent,(say what you want but the odds say a 4 star from Tennessee
That's false. They produce fewer 4/5 stars than any other state in the south. Business might pick up with this mass exodus from other areas to Nashville but there's a reason why the majority of their best players in our lifetime are all from from the northern part of the states that border them below I-40. And that's before you even remember that they had a pipeline all the way out in Cali because they had to rely on national recruiting rather than regional.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
That's false. They produce fewer 4/5 stars than any other state in the south. Business might pick up with this mass exodus from other areas to Nashville but there's a reason why the majority of their best players in our lifetime are all from from the northern part of the states that border them below I-40. And that's before you even remember that they had a pipeline all the way out in Cali because they had to rely on national recruiting rather than regional.
I miss spoke when i included Tennessee, i more so meant on their sidelines than the actual in state talent, i agree they nationally recruited, which was why them mid to late 90’s teams had a slew of nikkas from ga and Louisiana, currently what hurts them is uga got real good and Clemson also dips in their areas, true indeed in the future it may be a hell of a spot

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I know the southern states are well represented, but I think Ed’s saying specifically in regard to 5*, that talent of the individual is equal whether that 5* is from Oregon, Ohio or FL

I’d say a 3* from FL, TX, GA is def better than a 3* in the Midwest
That is what I'm saying. Yes there are more of them but the best RB, WR, QB, DE in the Midwest could start at Alabama Georgia or Oklahoma. It's evident when you see the offers for the top skill players in MI/OH/IN/PA...they're getting offers to everywhere and would have opportunities.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I miss spoke when i included Tennessee, i more so meant on their sidelines than the actual in state talent, i agree they nationally recruited, which was why them mid to late 90’s teams had a slew of nikkas from ga and Louisiana, currently what hurts them is uga got real good and Clemson also dips in their areas, true indeed in the future it may be a hell of a spot
IMO, what hurt them was everyone else going national to recruit. They had some pull when it was just them and Michigan going to NorCal or rarely in SoCal to snatch someone up. Then Bama, UGA, Miami, OU, Ohio St, etc. Everyone else ate while they starved (+ Dooley's orange pants)

The best kid that came from in-state for them in a minute was Jalen Ramsey and he didn't even consider going to Knoxville.

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
That is what I'm saying. Yes there are more of them but the best RB, WR, QB, DE in the Midwest could start at Alabama Georgia or Oklahoma. It's evident when you see the offers for the top skill players in MI/OH/IN/PA...they're getting offers to everywhere and would have opportunities.
Can't remember who I was listening to, but, they measured the 2020 Bama title team vs. the 2010 Bama title team. 70% of that '10 team was AL/MS/GA. 2020 team, complete reversal. They don't even bother to snatch you as an in-state kid if you're not best of the best. The brand is bigger than getting a low 4-star from Hoover. Let him go to MSST

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Likely true. Someone somewhere has to be tracking this data.
Perhaps but look at osu 2015 and 16 classes all them Midwest kids and the studs were 4 stars, the 2015 5 star ain’t really amount to too much on the field in college or currently in the pros, but technically he counts as a “nfl” osu talent 2016 was the last maga bosa bro

Tennessee 5 star from that range is currently a back up on the jets

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

From watching tape and analysis it seems Penn State was terrified of the bubble screen game and was selling out bringing safeties to the boundary. Michigan just ran to the other side.

This is why I’m always critical of college defenses. If plan A isn’t working or you scheme for the wrong game plan teams rarely have a plan B.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
That’s just it, we not talking the best, that goes without saying, the kaleb kid at osu who’s a 4 star from my high school, got offers from us, Bama, Illinois, and a couple others

In the 23 class the lowest rated 4 star is the 404th ranked guy with offers from the natti Arkansas Alabama A&M

The lowest ranked 4 star in Alabama got offers from Tennessee and Arkansas as the 409th best player (cb) Michigans lowest 4 star is going to Cincinnati

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
From watching tape and analysis it seems Penn State was terrified of the bubble screen game and was selling out bringing safeties to the boundary. Michigan just ran to the other side.

This is why I’m always critical of college defenses. If plan A isn’t working or you scheme for the wrong game plan teams rarely have a plan B.
From what I’m picking up, the fIlm dictates that’s a tendency and they keyed in to it. It’s hard to have a too many change ups, because limits in time with coaches and practice, plus it’s hard to come up with defensive adjustments on the fly vs offensive ones, not saying they don’t but takes time