The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Y'all should've never let TN get back to power...there's a reason Michigan and Ohio state keep Penn state in it's second tier position...good enough that beating them means something, but sonned to oblivion when it matters :hubie:

They're gonna be a problem this next recruiting cycle

Tenn and PSU have both recruited really well. I think Tenn had the #1 overall class within the last 5-6 years, PSU signed 3 5*s in 2022 class, and the #6 overall class. They’ve been at or near the top 10 routinely.

PSU’s issue is coaching, not talent.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Tenn and PSU have both recruited really well. I think Tenn had the #1 overall class within the last 5-6 years, PSU has been in the top 5.

Well what we're talking about though is the difference between who Penn state and Ohio state recruit, and who bama and TN recruits. They're only 1-5 spaces different year over year, but that equates to 3-4 players a year that are 5/4 stars...that makes the Jimmy's and Joe's very different when they're on the field.

I mean...that's the difference between OSU and Michigan for skill players, admittedly. Michigan stays with fire classes other than this year but OSU will be 1-3 spots above them...that is the skill-position gap between the two. Michigan has elite OL and RB hit rate and development though, and then Xs and Os take over.

If the elite QB, WR, and DE REGUARLY start to go to TN over bama and Georgia...THATS what I'm talking about. Because now they aren't regularly if they do...that's the changing of the guard I was talking about @portcityplaya

Elite QB, WR, RB, OL, DE, are not choosing Penn state over OSU and Michigan regularly. It happens but not year over year.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
who remembers this video? i'm surprised you can still find old videos because most get copywrite claimed and taken down over time
(i can't find those ultimate tyrann mathieu LSU highlights for shyt because they used All Of the Lights, Lil Wayne, Boosie, etc in the videos)

the Lil B era was so weird, back when braxton miller looked like an alternative universe Lil B who played quarterback

Braxton-Miller-B-OSU.jpg
9d8ed7a8.jpg

and everybody was either eating or cooking as celebrations...this shyt was like the old gritty for a moment
dem florida boys gave michigan some swag

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Tenn and PSU have both recruited really well. I think Tenn had the #1 overall class within the last 5-6 years, PSU signed 3 5*s in 2022 class, and the #6 overall class. They’ve been at or near the top 10 routinely.

Well what we're talking about though is the difference between who Penn state and Ohio state recruit, and who bama and TN recruits. They're only 1-5 spaces different year over year, but that equates to 3-4 players a year that are 5/4 stars...that makes the Jimmy's and Joe's very different when they're on the field

I mean...that's the difference between OSU and Michigan for skill players, admittedly. Michigan stays with fire classes other than this year but OSU will be 1-3 spots above them...that is the skill-position gap between the two. Michigan has elite OL and RB hit rate and development though, and then Xs and Os take over.

If the elite QB, WR, and DE REGUARLY start to go to TN over bama and Georgia...THATS what I'm talking about. Because now they aren't regularly if they do...that's the changing of the guard I was talking about @portcityplaya

Elite QB, WR, RB, OL, DE, are not choosing Penn state over OSU and Michigan regularly. It happens but not year over year.
Nah you giving Franklin a pass on the talent tip, generational talent has come in and out happy valley, and he has institutional want to, while also not getting the rest of the big dogs of the East’s best shot because they not your rival, Franklin continues to waste talent and advantages

https://media.tenor.com/NKO9zN6OzDIAAAAC/steve-buscemi-fukk-all-that.gif

Tennessee, is in a talent rich area and can still get good talent,(say what you want but the odds say a 4 star from Tennessee, Georgia, or Florida is better than Michigan, Indiana or Ohio). They quietly have amassed talent, and scheme mixed with talent can lead to good results, Tennessee isn’t back but they at least can compete which is what matters

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Nah you giving Franklin a pass on the talent tip, generational talent has come in and out happy valley, and he has institutional want to, while also not getting the rest of the big dogs of the East’s best shot because they not your rival, Franklin continues to waste talent and advantages

steve-buscemi-fukk-all-that.gif

Tennessee, is in a talent rich area and can still get good talent,(say what you want but the odds say a 4 star from Tennessee, Georgia, or Florida is better than Michigan, Indiana or Ohio). They quietly have amassed talent, and scheme mixed with talent can lead to good results, Tennessee isn’t back but they at least can compete which is what matters
Well first I don't buy that part, but I'll put that aside.

Specifically QB, RB, DE, WR. Those are the game changer positions that the gap between 4 and 5 stars are clear, development aside. Saquan Barkley...who else in those roles of merit has been at Penn State? Michigan at least can point to ONE 5 at those roles under Harbaugh and many 4s. OSU can for many 5s.

Name one good QB Penn state has had in their entire room since Franklin? One that could start at michigan, OSU? They're trying to win that division with Wisconsin and Minnesota caliber QBs.

The difference for xs and os is that Franklin doesn't put those star LBs and those rare 4s he gets in a position to win, or develop them. Harbaugh does, Day MIGHT but I don't think his development is proven yet and his teams get bullied in the trenches...but that's another topic :youngsabo:

To land the plane; if TN starts getting the elite recruits in the positions I listed they could take over the division :hubie:. And unlike Auburn or ole miss, I think they have the resources fanbase and drive to do it.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Well first I don't buy that part, but I'll put that aside.

Specifically QB, RB, DE, WR. Those are the game changer positions that the gap between 4 and 5 stars are clear, development aside. Saquan Barkley...who else in those roles of merit has been at Penn State? Michigan at least can point to ONE 5 at those roles under Harbaugh and many 4s. OSU can for many 5s.

Name one good QB Penn state has had in their entire room since Franklin? One that could start at michigan, OSU? They're trying to win that division with Wisconsin and Minnesota caliber QBs.

The difference for xs and os is that Franklin doesn't put those star LBs and those rare 4s he gets in a position to win, or develop them. Harbaugh does, Day MIGHT but I don't think his development is proven yet and his teams get bullied in the trenches...but that's another topic :youngsabo:

To land the plane; if TN starts getting the elite recruits in the positions I listed they could take over the division :hubie:. And unlike Auburn or ole miss, I think they have the resources fanbase and drive to do it.
I’ll put things in perspective, in nebraskas 2019 class they were 4th in the big ten, Mississippi st, they were 11th in the sec, 2020 msu is 11th in sec Nebraska 4th in the big, coaching aside because as good as leach is i don’t think he’s better my miles than Scott frost, we know the results, there is a marked difference in commitment to football and raw overall talent in the south east than the Midwest, like that’s not even a debatable fact, teams don’t have it on their recruiting board to poach Midwest talent, it’s a few players here and there.

Harbaugh has had a staff that has developed some and a few that left a lot to be desired, a lot of it is more based on getting lucky on a kid. We had ok to good qb play til Cade, Tennessee finally hit on hooker, don’t get it twisted it’s a few kids in Knoxville that will graduate to the nfl, they have talent in multiple positions which has fueled their breakout, besides like i said on the show Bama finally hit a hiccup and the next man up isn’t a man child, and actually has to grow into the position

And nah Franklin gets them drafted high( the clear better kids)

Qb not so much outside trace, which is head scratching

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I’ll put things in perspective, in nebraskas 2019 class they were 4th in the big ten, Mississippi st, they were 11th in the sec, 2020 msu is 11th in sec Nebraska 4th in the big, coaching aside because as good as leach is i don’t think he’s better my miles than Scott frost, we know the results, there is a marked difference in commitment to football and raw overall talent in the south east than the Midwest, like that’s not even a debatable fact, teams don’t have it on their recruiting board to poach Midwest talent, it’s a few players here and there.

Harbaugh has had a staff that has developed some and a few that left a lot to be desired, a lot of it is more based on getting lucky on a kid. We had ok to good qb play til Cade, Tennessee finally hit on hooker, don’t get it twisted it’s a few kids in Knoxville that will graduate to the nfl, they have talent in multiple positions which has fueled their breakout, besides like i said on the show Bama finally hit a hiccup and the next man up isn’t a man child, and actually has to grow into the position

And nah Franklin gets them drafted high( the clear better kids)

Qb not so much outside trace, which is head scratching
The part I took issue with is that a 5 star in Ohio or MI or Pennsylvania is somehow not as good as the same in FL or GA. Those states are better because there are more of them. But the best players are the best players.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
The part I took issue with is that a 5 star in Ohio or MI or Pennsylvania is somehow not as good as the same in FL or GA. Those states are better because there are more of them. But the best players are the best players.

Not disagreeing at all, would be interested in data to track 5*’s into college and into nfl along w/ levels of success in both.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

Not disagreeing at all, would be interested in data to track 5*’s into college and into nfl along w/ levels of success in both.

Florida leads the way in producing the most NFL Players on Kickoff Weekend Rosters - High School Football America

I understand it’s not what you want to hear but the south dominated, and the quality of football being played in the south is different, not saying quality doesn’t come from the Midwest, but it pales in comparison, the athleticism and talent is more

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Florida leads the way in producing the most NFL Players on Kickoff Weekend Rosters - High School Football America

I understand it’s not what you want to hear but the south dominated, and the quality of football being played in the south is different, not saying quality doesn’t come from the Midwest, but it pales in comparison, the athleticism and talent is more

I know the southern states are well represented, but I think Ed’s saying specifically in regard to 5*, that talent of the individual is equal whether that 5* is from Oregon, Ohio or FL

I’d say a 3* from FL, TX, GA is def better than a 3* in the Midwest