The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
After watching some old college games today I have come full circle on Jaylen Brown. At the start of the season I didn't even consider him a lottery pick because of his inability to hit jumpers and turnover issues but now I have him ahead of Ingram and right behind Simmons and Bender. Whom I consider the real 2 best prospects.

So my final top 12:
1. Ben Simmons
2. Dragan Bender
3. Jaylen Brown
4. Brandon Ingram
5. Kris Dunn
6. Jamal Murray
7. Jakob Poeltl
8. Domantas Sabonis
9. Marquese Chriss
10. Deyonta Davis
11. Brice Johnson
12. Buddy Hield

After this it's all guys that it's going to take a lot for them to make an impact in the NBA. As much as I liked Denzel Valentine after watching his attempts at playing D I really have a hard time seeing him be able to stay on the court.
This time around I really looked at Defense/defensive potential more so than I did on earlier rankings.

The Marques Chriss ranking is somewhat uninformed. I was only able to see him 3-4 times and back than i didnt think he would enter this year so I didn't focus on him as much as I should have. I rewatched one of their NIT games today but that's not enough to really have a strong opinion

Oh ya and the Bender Ranking is based on pretty much what I saw at u18 in 2015

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
After watching some old college games today I have come full circle on Jaylen Brown. At the start of the season I didn't even consider him a lottery pick because of his inability to hit jumpers and turnover issues but now I have him ahead of Ingram and right behind Simmons and Bender. Whom I consider the real 2 best prospects.

So my final top 12:
1. Ben Simmons
2. Dragan Bender
3. Jaylen Brown
4. Brandon Ingram
5. Kris Dunn
6. Jamal Murray
7. Jakob Poeltl
8. Domantas Sabonis
9. Marquese Chriss
10. Deyonta Davis
11. Brice Johnson
12. Buddy Hield

After this it's all guys that it's going to take a lot for them to make an impact in the NBA. As much as I liked Denzel Valentine after watching his attempts at playing D I really have a hard time seeing him be able to stay on the court.
This time around I really looked at Defense/defensive potential more so than I did on earlier rankings.

The Marques Chriss ranking is somewhat uninformed. I was only able to see him 3-4 times and back than i didnt think he would enter this year so I didn't focus on him as much as I should have. I rewatched one of their NIT games today but that's not enough to really have a strong opinion

Oh ya and the Bender Ranking is based on pretty much what I saw at u18 in 2015
I have Chriss ahead of Brown but overall, a solid list. I am in the middle with Hield, I think he is system special but the right system is hard to find as a top prospect because you usually going to bad system teams

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I honestly dont understand the love affair with ingram. I dont think he sucks or is bad, i just dont see him as a lock in top 2 pick. Simmons I understand just because his skillset is rare and his college stat line, but Ingram, nah. I'd take a solid look at hield, murray, bender over him.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I honestly dont understand the love affair with ingram. I dont think he sucks or is bad, i just dont see him as a lock in top 2 pick. Simmons I understand just because his skillset is rare and his college stat line, but Ingram, nah. I'd take a solid look at hield, murray, bender over him.

Bender and Murray absolutely

But not buddy

I'm all aboard the Jamal Murray bandwagon

I really want him on the Celtics

Having Isaiah and Bradley start with smart and Murray off the bench :blessed:

Then sign whiteside and Barnes

:blessed:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

6'9, long (:dame:) with guard skills, effective scorer in pretty much all areas of the game, natural shooter, and a pretty solid defender and rebounder.

There's no way he won't be averaging over 20 PPG for most of his career with those tools, dude has the correct ingredients.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
6'9, long (:dame:) with guard skills, effective scorer in pretty much all areas of the game, natural shooter, and a pretty solid defender and rebounder.

There's no way he won't be averaging over 20 PPG for most of his career with those tools, dude has the correct ingredients.
I've seen Ingram have games where he was useless and even with decent stat lines he wasn't effective.

I've never been an Ingram backer, but a lot of his hype comes from how he looks the part rather than him producing like stars.

@GoddamnyamanProf you're up again

954UAlreadyknow

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand how people don't see it with Ingram

He started off slow but played great in conference play and the tournament. No way you can put anybody but Simmons above him

Last edited:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

It's gonna sound dumb but I don't trust his shooting. He's a shooter but I don't trust his shooting. Can't get behind him. I feel like FTs are a more indicative sign of a shooter in college going forward into the NBA. I haven't heard any rave reviews about any of his pre draft workouts which is scary to me cause I feel like shooters always demolish pre draft workouts.

Plus watching him this year I never watched a game of his where I was like :whoo:. Sounds cliche but I don't see "it". I don't think he's a scrub. I think he'll be a good player and has potential to be a great player but I don't see him as a lock top 2 pick like a lot of people say.
I also don't like his quickness.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Not much info out there on Ingrams laker predraft workout but the little ive seen after a lot of online sleuthing has been less than glowing.