the nutritional ketogenic truth...

jjj123

Thinking of a Master Plan...
Daps
This lifestyle change is...AMAZING!

Im on day 6 of my nutritional ketogenic lifestyle change and ive never felt better.

I follow a model that's true to nutritional ketosis.

-high fat
-high salt
-high water
-moderate protein
-very very low carb
-no fiber

And guess what that means no veggies or fruit and not alot of meat (unless very fatty meat also dependent on auxiliary fat intake), which are the biggest ways people mess up on nutritional ketosis. Tho i do cheat on the occasional diet coke.

I am going through thermogenesis which is increasing my metabolism as well as i barely need much sleep (4hrs is almost too much). My energy levels are through the roof. I have no cravings, my trigger for hunger is very different with no carbs, its very primal i guess. My thinking is clear and precise i feel incredible.

This will create an anabolic environment for my body as testosterone = fat. Also allowing my brain to be more effeicent runing on ketone fuel over glucose fuel

Yall say keto is bad but yall just aint doing it rite, ya man feels like :myman:

And im not even in deep nutritional ketosis yet, i can only imagine what deep fasted ketosis is like cause this just feels so right!

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
It's nothing wrong with it. Most people here advise against it as a weight loss method for people that are new to trying to lose weight.

Give us some sample meals

jjj123

Daps
You definetly werent following the guidline i just laid out. Its is foolproof.

I currently drink diet coke when i have a sweet craving but i stick to water mainly.

I eat 6 eggs over easys doused in butter seasoned with salt and pepper. 1/4 lb marbled (fatty) steak tips marinated in beef stock (bone minerals r important) and veggie stock (veggie nutrients but no carbs no fiber), then seasoned to my liking. Cooked in butter

No plant or seed oils. Animal fats only!!

--optional--Only exception is mct oil which boosts the ketogenic effect. Use with caution highly potent stuff dosing will depend on how deep in ketosis u actually are. I try to do 2 teaspoons an hr when it's on hand.

Glucogenesis is a joke. A never ending cycle of cravings, hunger, water retention, and bloat. Ketosis following the initial guidelines i posted instantly diminishes cravings, rarely hungry, no water retention, no bloat. Theres more to it but u can google the rest.

Cheers ninjas

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You definetly werent following the guidline i just laid out. Its is foolproof.

I currently drink diet coke when i have a sweet craving but i stick to water mainly.

I eat 6 eggs over easys doused in butter seasoned with salt and pepper. 1/4 lb marbled (fatty) steak tips marinated in beef stock (bone minerals r important) and veggie stock (veggie nutrients but no carbs no fiber), then seasoned to my liking. Cooked in butter

No plant or seed oils. Animal fats only!!

--optional--Only exception is mct oil which boosts the ketogenic effect. Use with caution highly potent stuff dosing will depend on how deep in ketosis u actually are. I try to do 2 teaspoons an hr when it's on hand.

Glucogenesis is a joke. A never ending cycle of cravings, hunger, water retention, and bloat. Ketosis following the initial guidelines i posted instantly diminishes cravings, rarely hungry, no water retention, no bloat. Theres more to it but u can google the rest.

Cheers ninjas
What type of lifting do you do?

jjj123

Daps
Why would u not b able 2 build muscle on this diet, it only lacks high amounts of carbs. Eggs even have a few carbs. The high fat content makes up the carbs x100.

Not currently lifting. once i get a little deeper in ketosis and get more energy by the diet alone ill plan to hit the weights, which will sharply increase the fat burning/thermogenesis/metabolism.

Deep ketosis can only b achieved with strong workout regimen or water/dry fasting

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Why would u not b able 2 build muscle on this diet, it only lacks high amounts of carbs. Eggs even have a few carbs. The high fat content makes up the carbs x100.

Not currently lifting. once i get a little deeper in ketosis and get more energy by the diet alone ill plan to hit the weights, which will sharply increase the fat burning/thermogenesis/metabolism.

Deep ketosis can only b achieved with strong workout regimen or water/dry fasting
@semtex is heavy volume lifter. That's why that low level of carbs likely wrecked him.

You have to make adjustments and really know how your body reacts to it. That's why when people post about trying it so early here we are usually like :whoa:

jjj123

Daps
@semtex is heavy volume lifter. That's why that low level of carbs likely wrecked him.

You have to make adjustments and really know how your body reacts to it. That's why when people post about trying it so early here we are usually like :whoa:

From my research heavy volume lifting and ketosis dont mix because ur depleting ur glycogen stores and since true nutritional ketosis = little/no carbs. Its hard to restore the glycogen thus ending up feeling like shyt. Anf no amouny of fat can over come that.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That's where I have been trying to get without assuming.

I think the consensus around here is different thinks work for different people. Most of the people who warn against ketosis here work out heavy or what that is relative to them.

It doesn't work for them for the same reasons is currently does for you.

jjj123

Daps
Its not the lifts themselves though, its the high volume that doesnt work well with ketosis. But i agree every1 is different

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
ketosis works but its definitely mentally draining. I tried it for a few weeks

not for me but i definitely understand the reasons behind it.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You'll get better, quicker results bulking with a standard carb-filled diet.

It's a nice tool for dieting to those low BF levels, though.