The "NO Snitching" thing in the black community is a myth

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a stereotype perpetuated by the white conservatives. In fact, we know 3 things:

1. Black people snitch all the time. Just watch episodes of the First 48.
2. When black people don't snitch, it's because they'll incriminate themselves in the process
3. Black people don't trust the police, protective custody, or their own safety when it comes to keeping their identities or PI a secret. many witnesses have been murdered and jurors intimidated and killed because dirty officers have leaked info to street criminals.

White people use the no snitching narrative to justify police brutality. If anyone asked you about this bullshyt phenomenon, fight them.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I wouldn't say it doesn't have some truth, talking to cops is frowned on by a lot of black people...but it's extremely justified.

If you're a black person there's a lot to lose and very little to gain by talking to cops about anything. I mean if I witness a crime and call the cops -

1. Whoever committed the crime is going to have beef with me if they find out, thus endangering me and my family
2. Good chance the cops decide to blame me for the crime
3. Good chance the cops "mistake" my cell phone for a gun or something when they arrive on the scene and beat my ass or shoot at me

So with that in mind, you're usually better off not calling cops and just minding your business. I mean if it was something heinous like a rape or a child being abused I'd tell police, but other than that I'll stay in my own lane. :manny:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I disagree, though I think there is a difference between 'snitching' (when criminals tell on other criminals) and talking to the police when reporting or witnessing criminal activity, which is something we don't do enough of in our communities, though there are reason that we are hesitant to do so.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
depends on what it is

if it's some menace who is fukking up the community then they'll probably tell
but if it's just some nikka who is doing crime to feed his family and isn't out "Marlo-ing" people (killing people for no reason) then they won't

plus nobody wants to help police anyway
cause after someone snitches and helps them out, they'll be fukking with them the next week

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
you right... every other community handles their problems in house... we are the only ones who have a snitching problem...

since we dont actually have a community anymore, black folks will call the police on their own damn kids for nothing....

shyt happens all the time... sometimes we call the police to discipline our kids for us... its pathetic...

911 should NEVER be dialed unless its an emergency...

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
1) It's only snitching if you are a willing participant in criminal activities.

2) 99.9% of nikkas will snitch if the pot is sweet enough. The 0.1% who don't snitch watch too many fukkin movies.

3) Do your dirt dolo, keep your mouth shut, and you won't have to worry about anybody snitching. Stick with this one and 9/10 you won't ever have to worry about 1 or 2.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Problem is, when black folk carry that mentality to other areas, and even have a Black Panthers type community policing, it harms the innocent. People letting violent criminals get away with shyt that harms the well being of the community. Even if we had an all black society and an all black police force catering to us, some people won't let go of that mental setback and let dysfunction run amok.

"Stop snitching" was created by criminals that are scared of facing karma and the consequences of their actions, so they pushed it to the law abiding people and let them live in terror.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)

2) 99.9% of nikkas will snitch if the pot is sweet enough. The 0.1% who don't snitch watch too many fukkin movies.

3) Do your dirt dolo, keep your mouth shut, and you won't have to worry about anybody snitching. Stick with this one and 9/10 you won't ever have to worry about 1 or 2.

THIS...is a huge myth.
For one, there is no such thing as doing dirt solo...You have to work with somebody or have some type of team, no matter what you do.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps

3) Do your dirt dolo, keep your mouth shut, and you won't have to worry about anybody snitching.
THIS...is a huge myth.
For one, there is no such thing as doing dirt solo...You have to work with somebody or have some type of team, no matter what you do.

I'm not gonna argue with you, g. I'm speaking from experience.