The Making of The Lost Tapes - Nas

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Subs.

I skimmed through the article but when I get some free time I'll give it a full read. Glad they addressed the whole ghost producer situation doe.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was a great read

LT is an all time masterpiece

Upping for those that missed it before

I read it before, but it's a good re-read. Do you know how you have the best Nas projects and your favorite? This is my favorite Nas project, followed by Life is Good, I Am and LT2

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fire…never read this before, 🫡

Nas has so much unreleased fire-classic ish that I still don’t understand why LT2 came out how it did…joint coulda been way way better. He needs to make a LT2.0 or sumn with the joints that are lowkey some of his greatest records ever that never found a home. I can name like 10 off top without even trying hard that just leaked or wound up on a random mixtape back in the day

Last edited:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fire…never read this before, 🫡

Nas has so much unreleased fire-classic ish that I still don’t understand why LT2 came out how it did…joint coulda been way way better. He needs to make a LT2.0 or sumn with the joints that are lowkey some of his greatest records ever that never found a home. I can name like 10 off top without even trying hard that just leaked or wound up on a random mixtape back in the day
I enjoy Lost Tapes 2. I think expecting it to live up to the popularity and quality of Lost Tapes 1 was everyone's first mistake. Most of the Lost Tapes 1 material was slated for an album; they weren't leftovers. Sure, we can all argue that there were some other songs that could've been added and some dropped, but I am pleased with it. Perhaps, it could have been rolled out a bit differently. I freaked out with the announcement and teaser vid of the molded cassette tape with the Lost Freestyle music. I would have led off with another single, though. I would have left off Jareau of Rap and left it to the TV commercial that it came out on. I might have also left off Royalty, Queens Wolf, and possibly High Favored. Who knows what else in the stash was still available to release from Def Jam? I like the tracks Colors, Snitch Alibi, What it Is, and even Be a ****** Too. All in all, I was pleased with the project. I hope, and I know it's a long shot, that we get Lost Tapes 3. I think that whenever the Hit-Boy era is over ( I want it to go as long as Nas is enthusiastic about making dope shyt) and Nas rests and is ready to get back out with another project, Lost Tapes 3 precedes it.