Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
black demographic nerd talk: @Meh @Diasporan Royalty @Sankofa Alwayz @Indiglow Meta (R$G)
https://statisticalatlas.com/place/District-of-Columbia/Washington/Ancestry

Despite much publicized gentrification in DC, Wards 7 and 8 are almost entirely black (East of the river).
SE DC is 90+ % AA black:ehh:
Africans are in Brightwood (NW)? but mostly in PG and Moco
Caribbean mostly near Georgia Ave (Petworth) area, near Howard (Bloomingdale) and throughout NE.

:ehh:thots?
Howard Area will remain black it seems. Last I was in the Howard University area it was still one of the blacker parts of the city. This was back in 2014.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
black demographic nerd talk: @Meh @Diasporan Royalty @Sankofa Alwayz @Indiglow Meta (R$G)

Despite much publicized gentrification in DC, Wards 7 and 8 are almost entirely black (East of the river).
Caribbean mostly near Georgia Ave (Petworth) area, near Howard (Bloomingdale) and throughout NE.

When it comes to the DMV Black population, this definitely confirms my thoughts with us being highly concentrated in the eastern half of DC, PG, MoCo, and Waldorf/northern Charles Co with some decent pockets in Northwest DC and Northern VA (Alexandria and Woodbridge having the most visible Black populations on that side of the Potomac). In NoVa, it be seeming like most areas barely have a Black population above 8%...It’s primarily CAC/Asian/Latinx territory. As much as some of us clown Mo County, whenever I’m over that way, it feels much Blacker (at least in the southern/lower side of the county) than much of Northern VA to me.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Pretty dope! I forgot you still in DC.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps

search_results.gif

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Howard Area will remain black it seems. Last I was in the Howard University area it was still one of the blacker parts of the city. This was back in 2014.
Georgia Ave defintely looks like its gentrifying hard IMO
When it comes to the DMV Black population, this definitely confirms my thoughts with us being highly concentrated in the eastern half of DC, PG, MoCo, and Waldorf/northern Charles Co with some decent pockets in Northwest DC and Northern VA (Alexandria and Woodbridge having the most visible Black populations on that side of the Potomac). In NoVa, it be seeming like most areas barely have a Black population above 8%...It’s primarily CAC/Asian/Latinx territory. As much as some of us clown Mo County, whenever I’m over that way, it feels much Blacker (at least in the southern/lower side of the county) than much of Northern VA to me.
yeah you pretty much right. DC area is predominately black on the east (NE and SE DC, PG, eastern part of MoCo) while the western part is Cac (NW DC, NoVa)
there's blacks in NoVA but they are few black neighborhoods if that makes sense.

also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Washington,_D.C.
Blacks are now 47% of DC and Non Hispanic Blacks are down to 45%

Racial Makeup of Washington, D.C. (2017)(Hispanics can be of any race)[18]

Black/African American (47.1%)
White (45.1%)
Asian (4.3%)
Native American (0.6%)
Pacific Islander (0.2%)
Two or more races (2.7%)
Other (0.1%)
Pretty dope! I forgot you still in DC.

yup. i go home and to nyc alot but i'll prolly stay in this area for awhile