The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I remember there being complaints that there wasn't enough Sky Islands and the developers did admit to removing some due to complaints by the art team that they were dirtying up the sky.

Man lemme tell you. There's alot more Sky Islands than you think. They are so high up you can't see them from the ground....

They layered islands on top of each other so that when you look at the map it fools you into thinking they skimped out but they didn't. Still plenty of sky islands to explore. The map does not do it justice. It even feels like there's stuff not even on the map. Kinda confusing.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Really surprised people are still shopping at GameStop of all places. Last time I was in a GameStop was like 2018.

yes…I too am really surprised that everybody doesn’t do everything alike.

I was paying bills today and I noticed that I had some reward points in one of my lesser used credit cards. Looked at the catalog and saw Target and Best Buy gift cards. I realized I could use points to buy a gift card and then use that to buy the game - both Target and Best Buy were sold out of the game within 10 miles. I looked some more and saw I could redeem points for a GameStop gift card. So I drive to one 3 minutes from me, ask a few questions and walk out with the game without paying a cent.

Moral of the story I should stop talking shyt :mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was paying bills today and I noticed that I had some reward points in one of my lesser used credit cards. Looked at the catalog and saw Target and Best Buy gift cards. I realized I could use points to buy a gift card and then use that to buy the game - both Target and Best Buy were sold out of the game within 10 miles. I looked some more and saw I could redeem points for a GameStop gift card. So I drive to one 3 minutes from me, ask a few questions and walk out with the game without paying a cent.

Moral of the story I should stop talking shyt :mjlol:

lol it was no malice in my response but yeah if you see me talking about getting something at gamestop then I either have a gift card OR they were literally the only store online/offline that had an item in stock which has happened on a few occasions…in this instance I had traded in some extra consoles/controllers I had lying around a few months back…so I had a decent amount of money left on this gift card when I preordered TOTK

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So I put ~40 hours in the leaked version of this game - completed 45 shrines and am starting over from scratch - don't mind it at all.

lol it was no malice in my response but yeah if you see me talking about getting something at gamestop then I either have a gift card OR they were literally the only store online/offline that had an item in stock which has happened on a few occasions…in this instance I had traded in some extra consoles/controllers I had lying around a few months back…so I had a decent amount of money left on this gift card when I preordered TOTK

Makes sense - its still a viable place for business, even though in this place of digital games

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I put ~40 hours in the leaked version of this game - completed 45 shrines and am starting over from scratch - don't mind it at all.

Makes sense - its still a viable place for business, even though in this place of digital games
I'm just playing this beauty on PC, not going to even bother getting it for the Switch. 4K/60fps now with the mods with minimal game breaking glitches. Nintendo should've had a powered up Switch or new successor for this release. Tragic.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm just playing this beauty on PC, not going to even bother getting it for the Switch. 4K/60fps now with the mods with minimal game breaking glitches. Nintendo should've had a powered up Switch or new successor for this release. Tragic.

If I had a capable PC I would probably do the same - I was running it on Steam Deck and it was nearly unbearable for first few days. Ryujinx put out like 40 incremental updates and it ran better when I played it a couple days ago. But I'm fine playing this on a Switch now since I don't have to deal with the SD issues.