The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
moon-lightcn-link-0717.jpg

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Finally made it past the wind temple...the section of getting to it was a little too long imo. The temple itself was pretty cool though.

I like them upping the difficulty on the shrines. There have been a few that had me stumped for a few min.

Shrine hunting somehow got me to the edge of Gerudo so I might go with that area next

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk how y’all doing spoilers but that final boss fight

Trading flurry rushes with Ganondorf lowkey reminded me of playing tennis with him in OoT

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel like Tears of The Kingdom just makes BoTW even more irrelevant as a game and story.

• They treat Calamity Ganon like some existential threat that nearly bodies everyone and its never talked about again in the sequel. Ganons fart was enough to push the entire hyrule kingdoms wig back, what if they never beat it, then ganondorf just stays sleep since theres no one to resurrect him? Fart pig Ganon is the ruler of the earth now?
  • Where was the light dragon in BoTW?
  • All the Sheikah technology is suddenly missing from the world, no towers, no guardians, divine beast, the slate…etc
  • Zelda not knowing who Ganon was for like no real reason when she saw him
I feel like all 3 games in the series right now might as well be in their own universe.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The first time he did it :krs:

Every time after that :damn:

Palms were sweaty :mjlol:

Got his ass first try though :birdman:
I thought bruh was boutta flurry rush the first time I saw it :mjlol: I never tried swinging first until that last phase, so only saw the multiple dodges

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think they’re 100% only going this open world direction with Zelda moving forward, but for the next one to follow this structure (hoping in a different land with a new antagonist), I had the thought of making the temples Eventide-like, so they can be more curated, and structure each one around a new movement mechanic that would be unlocked in the overworld afterwards. Maybe make the new land smaller and even more dense, so they don’t have as much testing required.

I don’t quite think they’re back yet on the temple front, even tho they were much better than the divine beasts. _/4 checkpoints are antiquated

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I feel like Tears of The Kingdom just makes BoTW even more irrelevant as a game and story.

• They treat Calamity Ganon like some existential threat that nearly bodies everyone and its never talked about again in the sequel. Ganons fart was enough to push the entire hyrule kingdoms wig back, what if they never beat it, then ganondorf just stays sleep since theres no one to resurrect him? Fart pig Ganon is the ruler of the earth now?
  • Where was the light dragon in BoTW?
  • All the Sheikah technology is suddenly missing from the world, no towers, no guardians, divine beast, the slate…etc
  • Zelda not knowing who Ganon was for like no real reason when she saw him
I feel like all 3 games in the series right now might as well be in their own universe.
1.) This series Ganon grows powerful by hijacking power sources. First he did it with the Secret Stones, Secondly, he consumed Shiekah technology to make himself more powerful after he was sealed, thirdly, he consumed Zonaite power sources to recover his strength.

The Old Sheikah tech that was left over at the end of BOTW was broken down and repurposed by the new Sheikah tech.

2.) Light Dragon was hanging out at the Sky Islands but didn't come down until The Upheaval broke the sky barrier.

3.) See #1. Ganon sucked that shyt up, Purah and Robbie took the leftovers.

4.) Zelda didn't know about Ganondorf, which is Ganon's Gerudo form. The ancient hieroglyphics shows only the demonized and beasts version of Ganon.