The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
They didn't even fix the damn glitches when DLC 1 and 2 came out. They probably fixed them for the sequel. I think they dedicated at least a year to switching the engine completely to being built for Switch only, which is why there's an increased draw-distance. Maybe 2 more years to adding the expanded map and 3 years of story. Delay due to fixing bugs.

I know they spent alot of time on the story this time around after studying the leaked art book. They advanced the storyline of side mission characters from BOTW bigtime.
Lets see what I got right and wrong. BOTW Glitches fixed, correct.

2 years worth of Map expansion, not confirmed but probably took more time than that seeing how large the game is.

3 years of story? Not really but since side missions have doubled in size then I'm partially correct.

Delay due to bugs etc? I got that right. I was pretty certain when I saw that Recall cutscene with the Master Sword in the Delay Announcement vid.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nInst7m.jpg

Everytime I look at the castle in the horizon it brings back those memories of looking at the castle from a distance in OOT as adult Link. The anticipation of whatever the hell you'll see when you get there always had me anxious.

iu

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Ok, after some time playing this, storyline wise it doesn't really feel that connected to BOTW as far as it being a sequel to that game.

Sure this game takes place a number of years after BOTW, and there is some acknowledgement of the events of the first game, but what about all the remaining Guardians in the stakes that surrounded Hyrule Castle in BOTW? If Ganon is buried deep underneath the castle, why wouldn't there be at least something we would see about that Shiekiah tech that was buried? Also it seems like some characters don't even remember who Link is in this game, even though they clearly interacted with him in BOTW. Considering Link would likely be the most famous person in all of Hyrule, them not knowing who is is seems off.

There are other things I can mention too but it obviously just looks like Nintendo wanted to have a fun game to play rather than focus on the storytelling, which is perfectly fine.
Yeah, the disconnect is a massive turn-off considering it's a direct sequel.

I accidentally came across one of the Flux Constructs since I restarted my save on the Tutorial Island.

At first it had me like :damn:

Then I figured out how to actually kill it. :demonic:

shyt definitely had me missing that Champion Tunic tho. Getting knocked down from full hp to 1/4 of a heart off one hit sucks :sadcam:

nInst7m.jpg

Everytime I look at the castle in the horizon it brings back those memories of looking at the castle from a distance in OOT as adult Link. The anticipation of whatever the hell you'll see when you get there always had me anxious.

iu
I was thinking about how the castle reminded me of something... This game is so good :wow:

I'm hearing about people pulling up to it early and looting some stuff before going on... Normally I wouldn't bother, but there's something I really want there... :patrice:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
The combat the system they created allows :wow:

I first hit them with a blue Chuchu Jelly which makes those I hit with it "wet" and conduct electricity, creating the dome that zaps the rest of them

I pull out the makeshift Giant Boomerang + Red Lizalfos Tail which not only unwraps as Lizalfos Tails do, but also still emit fire, so I basically have a giant fire tornado in my pocket

My Giant Boomerang gets caught in the clutter and the Boss Bokoblin throws himself onto it. Since the weapons scale in size, I just gave my enemy a Giant Fire Whip :wow:

All in one fight. What a prowess of a game.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
First shrine in and I'm already walkthroughing it. This game is boring me to tears and I don't know why. Probably because I was never excited about it. I had the leaked ROM a full week in advance and never bothered to play it.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
The combat the system they created allows :wow:

I first hit them with a blue Chuchu Jelly which makes those I hit with it "wet" and conduct electricity, creating the dome that zaps the rest of them

I pull out the makeshift Giant Boomerang + Red Lizalfos Tail which not only unwraps as Lizalfos Tails do, but also still emit fire, so I basically have a giant fire tornado in my pocket

My Giant Boomerang gets caught in the clutter and the Boss Bokoblin throws himself onto it. Since the weapons scale in size, I just gave my enemy a Giant Fire Whip :wow:

All in one fight. What a prowess of a game.

It’s stuff like this that really stresses how immersive and alive the world feels.
Everything flows into everything so seamlessly. The Zelda team and Monolith Soft deserve a pay raise for real.:wow: