The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Does that work on the flying Guardians?

You know what I don't know :jbhmm:

I always shoot them down with fire arrows and then melee it to death.

On two occasions I waited for them to shoot beams but they never did so I just pulled out the two handed guardian ax and :hubie:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
So after all this time I put in on learning how to beat guardians in get their weapons I now do a quest and i can buy ancient weapons and these shyts are WAY better than even guardian weapons :martin:

I killed a guardian with one arrow from an ancient bow that i upgraded with some guardian cores :martin:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
You can parry the beams with any type of shield...

This dude is doing it at the beginning of the game with a weak as goblin shield

I am doing it now not even using a shield I am using a cooking pot lid as a shield :mjlol:

The problem is you either do it right and deal half damage...

Or you do it late and it hits your shield and it will evaporate the shield...it does not matter what type or how strong the shield is...it can be a guardian shield you parry and swing to late and miss and it just hits the front of the shield it will evaporate it

Or you parry to early and get hit by the beam and either the beam outright kills you or it hits you and you fall and it just keeps hitting you until you die...

So you either parry and do half damage...parry to late and lose shield...parry to early and die...

Now you CANT parry the beams they do when they spin in a circle and the beam arc keeps going out...you are supposed to use the draft from the beams to fly up and arrow them slow motion in the eye...

I don't know if you can parry the short 3 round laser burst they do when you are up close...that attack is not telegraphed...I tried twice today but I was very late so I got hit both times...

I can't even imagine fighting those level 5 guardians without parrying lasers :scust:...they have 3000 hit points:scust:...my rake and travelers sword surely won't last that long :mjcry:

yea i figured that part wit the paraglider still cant parry the beans tho

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
:salute: I lost so any bows and arrows on that shyt that I just went to bed. I knew that I needed a good night's sleep or I'd just keep screwing up. FINALLY got the job done. Can't imagine how the other three beasts are going to be.
yall did water first ? :dame: i did thunderblight

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Map is kinda weird. I'm all up in the blacked out regions finishing shrines and shyt. It's cool that you can go anywhere without limitations but they shouldn't black out these regions then. How do you get the other regions to show up on the map?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
When Nintendo was first conceptualizing the next big Zelda game, Miyamoto and Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma asked the directors to describe Breath of the Wild’s main theme. What, they asked, could you do in this new Zelda?

Zelda: Breath of the Wild director Hidemaro Fujibayashi decided to get a little ambitious.

“My response to Mr. Miyamoto and Mr. Aonuma was: You can do everything,” Fujibayashi told me during an interview last week in San Francisco, speaking through a translator.

“But I had to sell it to them,” he said. “How we’re going to make this happen. And I felt like the best way to convey this idea to them was to show them that you could climb walls.”

Fujibayashi and his team built a prototype of Breath of the Wild. They put together a starting area with a small field and a handful of trees, then stuck rupees all across the world, hiding them in places that the development team thought Miyamoto and Aonuma might explore. Then Fujibayashi presented their demo to the two Nintendo elder statesmen.

“We put rupees at the top of the tree to let them know that this is something we’re taking into account, but I didn’t tell them,” Fujibayashi said. “All I did was say, ‘Here, play the game.’ So the first thing [Miyamoto] did was start climbing, and he climbed the tree, and once he was able to do that and see that he can go anywhere within this small field, he got how this game will play out and that’s how I presented it to him.”

Then they watched and waited. And watched. And waited.

“When we first presented this to Mr. Miyamoto, he spent about an hour just climbing trees,” Fujibayashi said. “We left little treats like rupees on the trees, but we also left other things in other places we thought he might go. But he just kept climbing trees. Up and down. And so we got to the point where we go, ‘Do you want to look at other stuff?’ But he just kept on going. Once [he] got out of the Shrine of Resurrection, he spent an hour just within a 25-50 meter radius outside of that cave just climbing trees.”

It was then that Fujibayashi and his team realized they’d made something special—a game where the act of climbing could be just as fun as riding horses and slashing monsters.

Q: The concept "to review everything that we take for granted in LoZ". How did you judge how much it should be reviewed? After all, it would disappoint fans if too much of what we knew about Zelda were changed.

A: In fact we were exploring the borderline while developing the game. Through thinking about "what is a Zelda game should be", we were able to define a Zelda game to be a game with moments when you engage a dungeon, a question, the surrounding of unknown puzzles, and also the surprising moments when you finally solve them. After keeping those basic elements, we started some conversations such as: "Can't we play the way we used to play in the dungeons now on the field?" Or on the contrary: "It might also be interesting if we play the way we used to play on the field in the dungeons?" This is a kind of multiplication of playing I mentioned before. Players could get through a puzzle by method 1, method 2 or change method 3 into method 4, even completely different method A or B. It naturally differed a lot from other Zelda games. We just simply tried to change the "I am getting tired of another routine of Zelda" experiences. We considered why we're getting tired meanwhile thinking about how to make puzzles more interesting in another way. And these thoughts became part of the multiplication of playing experiences. I didn't set principles of changing. I just tried to convince the staff that it's possible for us to change the concept that "if we change something, it wouldn't be Zelda anymore".

Q:It seems that you not only changed the routines, but also got rid of the old frame of Zelda games.

A: Yes, you can say that we want to break the frame. With this idea, we have to create something different.

Excerpts from http://kotaku.com/when-miyamoto-first-played-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-h-1793017234

and

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So after all this time I put in on learning how to beat guardians in get their weapons I now do a quest and i can buy ancient weapons and these shyts are WAY better than even guardian weapons :martin:

I killed a guardian with one arrow from an ancient bow that i upgraded with some guardian cores :martin:
I want to so that quest but the blue flame is too far so I got lazy and skipped it.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Map is kinda weird. I'm all up in the blacked out regions finishing shrines and shyt. It's cool that you can go anywhere without limitations but they shouldn't black out these regions then. How do you get the other regions to show up on the map?
how is it weird when its blacked for a reason....climb the towers muthafukka :gucci:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I want to so that quest but the blue flame is too far so I got lazy and skipped it.

You have to light it on the light post. That way if it goes out you can just use a torch to relight it there instead of going all the way back.

You can even use the tip of your arrow against the furnace to light it and shoot a light post. That is what I did...