The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
All the towers are surrounded by enemies now. I had to dodge two guardians shooting lasers at me at the one closest to Hyrule Castle and now I'm at one surrounded by electric enemies in water. Can't catch a break.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
played for about 4 hours or so. got the glider. found my first horse.

game is great, and like i said in the other thread, good looks to those who lobbied for the pro controller. shyt feels great.

loving the combat and the puzzles so far. music has been phenomenal also.

i went with the stamina the first time i was offered to level up. think i made the right decision.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Honestly I wish the game was a bit more linear. There's basically no real structure to it after the tutorial. It goes from that to here's the world do whatever. My Link is mad weak. Only 4 hearts and 1 stamina upgrade. the enemies are wrecking me and if I come across a guardian it's almost instant death. I've found 15 shrines and completed about 13 of them but it doesn't really seem like he's getting stronger since you need 4 to upgrade. I'll likely be playing this game well into the spring and when Persona 5 hits it's getting shelved. It might get shelved for Mass Effect.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Honestly I wish the game was a bit more linear. There's basically no real structure to it after the tutorial. It goes from that to here's the world do whatever. My Link is mad weak. Only 4 hearts and 1 stamina upgrade. the enemies are wrecking me and if I come across a guardian it's almost instant death. I've found 15 shrines and completed about 13 of them but it doesn't really seem like he's getting stronger since you need 4 to upgrade. I'll likely be playing this game well into the spring and when Persona 5 hits it's getting shelved. It might get shelved for Mass Effect.
Yeah I learned about the damn spicy peppers to stay warm on luck :russ:

I was lost at first... Are there towns with actual people though?

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
you downloaded your game off the eShop? It's 9:40PM EST and I haven't gotten my game yet. Thinking of downloading it. How's the download speed?
yeah its pretty fast if u use a ethernet cable i got one of those ethernet usb ports so it was pretty fast

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah I learned about the damn spicy peppers to stay warm on luck :russ:

I was lost at first... Are there towns with actual people though?
I just climbed the mountain and ate apples to regain health. The old man was up there and gave him a thicker tunic. I'm trying to meet all the races now and hit up the towers as well as find more shrines. Really I need the Master Sword.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

So is it the GOAT game or what? Does this game have flaws and annoyances?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So is it the GOAT game or what? Does this game have flaws and annoyances?
My only problems with the game are the breaking weapons and stamina meter. If you can handle that it's great. Also the story is pretty simple. It's just an excuse to explore a world rather than a focus.

This is probably the most open of this style of game I've ever seen. You if you so choose after the tutorial can skip the entire story and march straight to the last boss if you can actually make it or you can do part of the story then go or all of it.

Even if you don't care for open world games the game is still fun but at the same time it's not gonna make you love them. What is boils down to is this. This is a difficult game to avoid the open world nature of it. If you try to skip optional stuff you character will be weaker for it making the game much harder. Some open world games you can just do the main story and ignore much of the open nature of it and the game balances itself so that works. Not this game. This game is hard as hell and if you skip the optional stuff it's even more difficult. There's no balance to just doing the needed story missions to finish the full story.