The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Because in comparison to one of the greatest games to ever be released Game of the Year doesn't mean much.
doesnt matter he's not doubting it he doesnt have to say greatest game of the century or some dumb shyt like that saying goty is high praise enough u stay on some weird shyt

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
doesnt matter he's not doubting it he doesnt have to say greatest game of the century or some dumb shyt like that saying goty is high praise enough u stay on some weird shyt
its not weird. he's just repeating what alot of people are saying.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Some people called Metal Gear Solid 4 game of the year when it came out. Almost nobody likes that game these days. Game of the year is a different conversation than game of the generation or one of the best games of all time. The bar is much lower to be game of the year. Even then there's hardly a consensus GOTY and plenty of hot at the moment games people end up growing lukewarm on get that nod.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
horses swim with you

13hlphVi9Cm9KE.gif

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there is a screenshot somewhere of someone close to Ganon Castle gotta find it

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
I played through a Link to the Past with my kids on the Wii VC. They were completely enamored with the game, characters and story from the beginning. We moved on to the Wind Waker where, the visuals alone were enough to get them hooked. My oldest picked up and played through Dragon Roost island/dungeon on her own, I was impressed because it's like she had a "LoZ" part to her brain that everything just made sense to her. I mean, it took her a few weeks but she got through it :russ:

I can see her having her own separate save on this game as well, a true testament to Nintendo bringing families together :to:

I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's the difference between saying an album is album of the year and saying one of the greatest albums of all time. Those are two entirely different conversations with two entirely different sets of competitors. One if the best of the best of all time and the other is the best of a bunch of arbitrary albums that just so happened to be released in a given year.

Same with game of the year.