The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: this is the dumbest justification I've ever heard. But to each his own.
The object of games is to provide fun, challenge optional.

When you add story, it runs the risk
of becoming too linear.

In BoTW, the producers aimed to make Zelda as nonlinear as possible.

Their true goal is to have you keep coming back for more even after you beat the story. This is especially evident after they added DLC.

Here's a great example since you have difficulty understanding.

GTAV had a story, some people beat it then stopped playing.

GTAV is too fun and challenging to just play the story from start to end. Instead, Rockstar wants you to make your own story, hence GTA Online and GTA's continued updates of DLC content.

The producers of Zelda want you to make your own story as well. They've said this many times in interviews posted in the thread. Hence why story is not at the forefront. This Zelda's all about exploring and interacting with nature in a wild environment with random encounters and weather changes.

Their physics engine looks so fun. Being able to play around with that and do fun tricks is way more fun than playing a game just to beat it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The object of games is to provide fun, challenge optional.

When you add story, it runs the risk
of becoming too linear.
?
There's plenty of "fun" games that are linear and there's plenty of games that aren't linear that have story and still provide fun e.g. the plethora of open world games/sandbox games we've been bombarded wtih the past few eyars.

n BoTW, the producers aimed to make Zelda as nonlinear as possible.

Their true goal is to have you keep coming back for more even after you beat the story. This is especially evident after they added DLC.
So that means there's still a story which has things people clamor for such as surprises, plot twists, secrets and just plain ole 'feel good' moments. None of this takes away from the "gamey" part of it.

Here's a great example since you have difficulty understanding.

GTAV had a story, some people beat it then stopped playing.

GTAV is too fun and challenging to just play the story from start to end. Instead, Rockstar wants you to make your own story, hence GTA Online and GTA's continued updates of DLC content.
Some people stopped playing it because they just don't find the random sandbox fun anymore and it's been like that since GTA 3, 4, San Andreas Vice city etc. Adding MP doesn't mean anything because there's still lots of people that didn't bother/like the online. Plus the older GTA's without MP people still played over and over and some just played the story over. The story can be fun.

The producers of Zelda want you to make your own story as well. They've said this many times in interviews posted in the thread. Hence why story is not at the forefront. This Zelda's all about exploring and interacting with nature in a wild environment with random encounters and weather changes.
*pun intended*
Link? :pachaha:
I'm not buying it. The game has a story. We seen the trailers and whatnot, it's just that from how I'm seeing it, they're saying they want you to explore and play the game how you want to play it yet at the same time they've crafted the story presumably in a way that triggers scenes/events that you can see regardless of how you play.

Their physics engine looks so fun. Being able to play around with that and do fun tricks is way more fun than playing a game just to beat it.
I'm not seeing how you're separating the two. Having fun and playing around with the tools/engine doesn't mean that can't happen within the story. I mean the entire game is the "story". There's no "story mode" and "physics fun mode". You just have fun while playing. I'm not seeing why you're making them two separate things. I mean there's nothing wrong with just playing the game for fun and not caring about the story but come on you know nobody buying Zelda because they want to just cut trees and kill enemies without progressing through the game.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
?
There's plenty of "fun" games that are linear and there's plenty of games that aren't linear that have story and still provide fun e.g. the plethora of open world games/sandbox games we've been bombarded wtih the past few eyars.

So that means there's still a story which has things people clamor for such as surprises, plot twists, secrets and just plain ole 'feel good' moments. None of this takes away from the "gamey" part of it.

Some people stopped playing it because they just don't find the random sandbox fun anymore and it's been like that since GTA 3, 4, San Andreas Vice city etc. Adding MP doesn't mean anything because there's still lots of people that didn't bother/like the online. Plus the older GTA's without MP people still played over and over and some just played the story over. The story can be fun.

*pun intended*
Link? :pachaha:
I'm not buying it. The game has a story. We seen the trailers and whatnot, it's just that from how I'm seeing it, they're saying they want you to explore and play the game how you want to play it yet at the same time they've crafted the story presumably in a way that triggers scenes/events that you can see regardless of how you play.

I'm not seeing how you're separating the two. Having fun and playing around with the tools/engine doesn't mean that can't happen within the story. I mean the entire game is the "story". There's no "story mode" and "physics fun mode". You just have fun while playing. I'm not seeing why you're making them two separate things. I mean there's nothing wrong with just playing the game for fun and not caring about the story but come on you know nobody buying Zelda because they want to just cut trees and kill enemies without progressing through the game.
The leaked assets doesn't even really contain story spoilers. All we really learned is that this is the most customizable Zelda yet and not all the clothing or items have been leaked either. They didn't post all of the headgear or even cool stuff like the fishing rod. Plus I put it in a spoiler tag, you'll be alright.

It's very common for gamers to start a game and not finish it. I've started Zeldas and haven't finished them either. Seeing some of the armor, weapons, and clothing in advance actually encourage me to want to play the game even more to acquire some of these shyts.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nWfy3.png

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:lupe:Might have to go digital so i dont lose all my games
Cop a good case. I haven't seen one yet that carries enough games though. The Vita case I got holds 16 games. I haven't seen a Switch case that holds that much yet which makes no sense as they're bigger. They should be able to hold at least 20

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Cop a good case. I haven't seen one yet that carries enough games though. The Vita case I got holds 16 games. I haven't seen a Switch case that holds that much yet which makes no sense as they're bigger. They should be able to hold at least 20
Most the ones ive seen hold like 8....i just ordered a zelda case it comes with 8..i shouldnt have to take more than 8 games, theres only like 6 i know about ima get