The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
It does.
I never played zelda except for the older jawns. I rented OOT but was young so can't remember it.

Share any lore or tips I might need :oliver:

yull be iight man we could give u tips but this probably gonna be the most different zelda title every it completely changes the foundation of zelda games this one reminds me of zelda 2 i haven't seen one vid of link catching a fairy in a bottle most zelda's start link this

1- u usally start off in a village or in ya house and u wake up then gotta do a bunch of shyt before u can leave said village (and usually gotta get a lil punk ass sword before u leave the village...except in LLTP and zelda 1)

2- after u get past the introduction aka trial part u gotta 3 pendants from 3 different dungeons u do this in LTTP and OOT (after u do this then the games open up and u can take on the main dungeons in the games which usually be like 7 or more.....and then u gotta tackle them in order cuz u usually need a key weapon in one dungeon in order to beat the next or use the item from the previous dungeon to get the key weapon from the dungeon you're currently in....(some zeldas are like that not all of them skyward sword u can do the dungeons in any order)

but i guess if i was to give some tips id say we should start trying play it like the witcher 3 (if u played that game) mix foods together when we cook for different stats i guess for armor stamina health etc etc get as many hearts as u can cuz it looks like the enemies do some major damage and just work on ya combat skills

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
yull be iight man we could give u tips but this probably gonna be the most different zelda title every it completely changes the foundation of zelda games this one reminds me of zelda 2 i haven't seen one vid of link catching a fairy in a bottle most zelda's start link this

1- u usally start off in a village or in ya house and u wake up then gotta do a bunch of shyt before u can leave said village (and usually gotta get a lil punk ass sword before u leave the village...except in LLTP and zelda 1)

2- after u get past the introduction aka trial part u gotta 3 pendants from 3 different dungeons u do this in LTTP and OOT (after u do this then the games open up and u can take on the main dungeons in the games which usually be like 7 or more.....and then u gotta tackle them in order cuz u usually need a key weapon in one dungeon in order to beat the next or use the item from the previous dungeon to get the key weapon from the dungeon you're currently in....(some zeldas are like that not all of them skyward sword u can do the dungeons in any order)

but i guess if i was to give some tips id say we should start trying play it like the witcher 3 (if u played that game) mix foods together when we cook for different stats i guess for armor stamina health etc etc get as many hearts as u can cuz it looks like the enemies do some major damage and just work on ya combat skills
I think he's asking about tips for breath of the wild and not ocarina of time

@RawDro

have you ever played Bayonetta? if so there's this slo-mo mechanic called witch time that activates after you dodge a strike from an enemy either by jumping sideways or backflip. in breath of the wild its called perfect dodge. when this activates you can perform flurry rush. which lets you hit the enemy a bunch of times during slo mo.

other than that treat it like any other adventure game. go everywhere and inspect everything

Last edited:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I think he's asking about tips for breath of the wild and not ocarina of time

@RawDro

have you ever played Bayonetta? if so there's this slo-mo mechanic called witch time that activates after you dodge a strike from an enemy either by jumping sideways or backflip. in breath of the wild its called perfect dodge. when this activates you can perform flurry rush. which lets you hit the enemy a bunch of times during slo mo.

other than that treat it like any other adventure game. go everywhere and inspect everything
negro i know wtf he's asking im giving him a breakdown of how zelda games usually go he clearly said he never played zelda except for the older one's and he forgot how OOT went ....and as for tips i gave him some FOR BOTW

:gucci:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only fakkit here who watches that Zelda trailer everyday?

Also that @RawDro guy got to be trolling. I think he said the last Zelda game he played was on the NES. So basically he missed out on A Link to the Part, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, etc. Not sure how someone can go from the NES Zelda to Breath of the Wild. You have to play all the games in between to appreciate this shyt.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps

Also that @RawDro guy got to be trolling. I think he said the last Zelda game he played was on the NES. So basically he missed out on A Link to the Part, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, etc. Not sure how someone can go from the NES Zelda to Breath of the Wild. You have to play all the games in between to appreciate this shyt.
:yeshrug:I ain't played Zelda since NES days either. You saying I won't be able to enjoy playing the new Zelda game? Can you elaborate? I though it was a new story with different ways to play.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps

not trolling.
I played windwaker and OOT but never beat them -- I was young

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps

Plus I fell off from playing video games for a couple years when I didn't have cable and I moved back to the hood and lived with my grandma.

I barely play video games while I was in college so I missed out on a lot that is why I got everything I see in my backlog is crazy right now because I got my money up so I can really afford anything I want so I'm keeping everything I ever ever wanted

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

no you don't. every zelda game is made as a standalone game to be enjoyed by newcomers

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
One shot kill weapons confirmed!

Looks like we're gonna have item farm in order to sell stuff to buy expensive weapons just like any other RPG.

"for players who aren't particularly good at action or battles, if they want to, they can go and buy a really expensive weapon that can defeat a really strong enemy in one shot." - Producer Eiji Aonuma

Nine Zelda Tropes You Won't Find In Breath Of The Wild

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
You don't start in a town in BOTW. You start in a cave.
I SAID I GAVE HIM A RUNDOWN ON HOW SOME ZELDAS START NOT ALL NIKKA...ARE U TRYNA BE A DIKK ON PURPOSE ? NO SHYT BOTW STARTS IN A CAVE I SEEN THE DAMN VIDEOS :gucci:

ZELDA 1 U START OUTSIDE

ZELDA 2 U START IN A PALACE AND ZELDA IS SLEEPING

LTTP U START IN YA HOUSE

OOT U START IN KOKORI VILLAGE

MM U START IN THAT DAMN CLOWN TOWN

TP U START IN A VILLAGE

BREH WTF IS WRONG WITH U ?