The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
BOTW was a breathe of fresh air for both the genre and the series. Only nostalgia misstep really was the overall lack of music. I understand that they could've had more traditional dungeons, but I think even that part was handled well enough really.

I love the idea of the mini puzzle dungeons and fights. It keeps you in the over world longer, exploring and finding shyt. A lot of people hated that though. They want zelda to remain a dungeon crawler and i mean It’s kind of whatever people like what they like but I’m glad for the change. If it wasn’t for BoTW i wouldn’t own a switch and if it wasn’t for BOTW2 i wouldn’t still have it.

It’s also why i don’t give Paper Mario too much flack for changing so drastically. While they haven’t really been successful when it comes to changing the formula, its good that they aren’t just giving people 1000 year old door part 5. The biggest misstep for them is just removing the rpg elements

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
BOTW was a breathe of fresh air for both the genre and the series. Only nostalgia misstep really was the overall lack of music. I understand that they could've had more traditional dungeons, but I think even that part was handled well enough really.
I used to think there was a lack of music too until I heard the soundtrack. Ironically, there’s more music in this game than any other Zelda game. Every village has a day and night theme. There’s fight music for different type of enemies. Minigames, minibosses, DLC content has its own music... The memories you collect have music. Even certain places you visit in the game has its own theme. The beasts dungeons has different music the more you progress. Hyrule Castle has different music depending on if your inside or outside. I have 100% completion in the game. I know from doing this that there is a lot of music I wouldn’t have heard in the game if I only half-assed played and casually beaten it.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwDEuPBgBi4NDcdlZrA-LCU7j-aUXzm_k

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I know I’ve posted this before, but I can’t tell you how much this boss fight freaked me out. shyt came out of nowhere. Wasnt even expecting it.

Thought I was just gonna get my orb and keep it moving. But no, this nikka clenched his hand and my jaw dropped like oh shyt wtf just happened? Next thing you know I’m getting my ass kicked by a bunch of Naruto shadow clones. Love the music.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I love the idea of the mini puzzle dungeons and fights. It keeps you in the over world longer, exploring and finding shyt. A lot of people hated that though. They want zelda to remain a dungeon crawler and i mean It’s kind of whatever people like what they like but I’m glad for the change. If it wasn’t for BoTW i wouldn’t own a switch and if it wasn’t for BOTW2 i wouldn’t still have it.

It’s also why i don’t give Paper Mario too much flack for changing so drastically. While they haven’t really been successful when it comes to changing the formula, its good that they aren’t just giving people 1000 year old door part 5. The biggest misstep for them is just removing the rpg elements

The shrines aren't a bad idea, but IMO there should have been less of them. It is more quality over quantity for me personally. Still, I have a feeling BOTW 2 is going to be a special game and by that, I mean a game that is an improvement on BOTW.

Paper Mario gets too much hate nowadays. Sticker Star was hella trash. But the last two were cool games. Nothing revolutionary and obviously not as good as the first two. But if those hardcore fans would give it a chance they would find some enjoyment out of it. Paper Mario has moved on from being an RPG and now the fans need to do the same. The writing that Paper Mario has is absolutely amazing in its charming way.

Compared to let's say Pokemon where it is the only Nintendo IP I have seen to make changes to purposely make their games worse. And considering Nintendo is one of the best at innovating their IP's it sad to see what Pokemon has become. The only people really checking out Pokemon these days are kids, super casuals, and the hardcore competitively/shiny collecting types.

Mario Odyssey, XC 2, BOTW, and Three Houses all innovated their games to where they all play differently than their previous entries, but at the same time, all are worthy additions to the franchise. And even the "baby" games like Yoshi and Kirby do more than Pokemon which is kind of sad actually. Since they are meant to appeal to kids.

This is why I don't put the blame of Pokemon on Nintendo, but rather GameFreak. Not counting stuff like Mario spinoffs and Zelda remasters Pokemon is the only Nintendo Franchise that seems to be putting on yearly content. Which I will always believe is bad.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I used to think there was a lack of music too until I heard the soundtrack. Ironically, there’s more music in this game than any other Zelda game. Every village has a day and night theme. There’s fight music for different type of enemies. Minigames, minibosses, DLC content has its own music... The memories you collect have music. Even certain places you visit in the game has its own theme. The beasts dungeons has different music the more you progress. Hyrule Castle has different music depending on if your inside or outside. I have 100% completion in the game. I know from doing this that there is a lot of music I wouldn’t have heard in the game if I only half-assed played and casually beaten it.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwDEuPBgBi4NDcdlZrA-LCU7j-aUXzm_k

Perhaps lack of memorable music would be the better term then. The Hyrule Castle renditions of the theme was godly and some of the boss battle music were fine enough. The overworld music was just rather here and there, seemingly intentionally so, for the isolation feeling perhaps, but regardless, I feel it was a misstep there. Especially if going for nostalgia. While I didn't 100% the game, I definitely did a shyt town of stuff and explored the map pretty in depthly and I don't recall many of the more iconic themes having renditions in the game, outside of the Hyrule Castle. I mean, how they going to have a teleport item in the game and not have it make the whistle theme. Missed opportunity like a mug.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Perhaps lack of memorable music would be the better term then. The Hyrule Castle renditions of the theme was godly and some of the boss battle music were fine enough. The overworld music was just rather here and there, seemingly intentionally so, for the isolation feeling perhaps, but regardless, I feel it was a misstep there. Especially if going for nostalgia. While I didn't 100% the game, I definitely did a shyt town of stuff and explored the map pretty in depthly and I don't recall many of the more iconic themes having renditions in the game, outside of the Hyrule Castle. I mean, how they going to have a teleport item in the game and not have it make the whistle theme. Missed opportunity like a mug.
There is more memorable music from Breath of the Wild than any other Zelda.

The reason we didn’t realize this is because the game itself is really freaking huge. Its so spread out. I almost wanna make a public youtube playlist called Best of BotW OST on YouTube but I’m busy atm.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

The reason we didn’t realize this is because the game itself is really freaking huge. Its so spread out. I almost wanna make a public youtube playlist called Best of BotW OST on YouTube but I’m busy atm.
I have BOTW OST in my car. Amazing piece of work.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Outside of ocarina of time how memorable is the the zeldas series OST’s?

BOTW is by far one of the best. People really want music looped non-stop in the over world like dragonquest? Im good i liked BOTW doing the fromsoft thing of letting the acoustics create the mood. It’s called breath of the wild, not rock of the wild.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

There are some many music pieces in this game, I'm trying to find where this is played at.

I play from time to time to find this place. Nice, peaceful music to vibe to.