The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Greatest game ever made
Easy. Replaying this masterpiece with the intention of 100% the game and i must say, this game is fukking epic.

Animations top notch, story is even good. I honestly missed about 50% of the game the first time i played it.

Easily the best game of Last gen and easily the best Zelda of all time. Cannot wait to the next gen sequel

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think I’m starting to see the beauty of this game. I think my approach was wrong all this time I’ve owned it :mjlol: just been exploring randomly and I’ve run into a lot of shyt that had me :ohhh: and :dead:.

The absolute best thing to do in this game is just to randomly explore the country side. So many beautiful vistas and dope things.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Also easily the best open world combat system of any game. fukk Dark souls, Ghosts of whatever, or any other open world game people try and brag on.

Zelda literally invented the open world 3-D environment with the OG Zelda on Nintendo 64, so this isn’t surprising

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Also easily the best open world combat system of any game. fukk Dark souls, Ghosts of whatever, or any other open world game people try and brag on.

Zelda literally invented the open world 3-D environment with the OG Zelda on Nintendo 64, so this isn’t surprising

OoT was the first game ever to have a Day /Night cycle :wow:

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Bought this game about a year ago, and didn't care for it upon starting it. Restarted a few days ago and now love it. I think, initially, I didn't care for the 'weapon durability' mechanism but I'm fine with it now...after getting used to it. Game is tougher than what I was thinking too; some of the enemies are tough lol. The shrines can be pretty difficult too.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Bought this game about a year ago, and didn't care for it upon starting it. Restarted a few days ago and now love it. I think, initially, I didn't care for the 'weapon durability' mechanism but I'm fine with it now...after getting used to it. Game is tougher than what I was thinking too; some of the enemies are tough lol. The shrines can be pretty difficult too.

It's a franchise that had been going on for 30 some years at that point and by that time, we were all used to the formula if you will. Impa, Lost Woods, Deku Tree, etc... I always go back to this promo pic from the first Zelda.

Legend-of-Zelda-Walkthrough.jpg

These are my words but it took the advancement of technology, design principles and vision to fully realize what was going on in this pic. Yes, he's looking at Death Mountain but the sense of scale and enormity couldn't be realized back in the 80s.

1*Y2zgOFAhn8Yypn2Yl806Ow.jpeg

Fast forward to now, that vision is realized.

Look at how vast that space is. The land to traverse, the stories and myths to learn of the people that inhibit the land on the way there, the sheer amount of things to see. No game, more than any other game that I've ever played, embodies the word 'journey' more than this game.

Like I said, once I got used to not having a Navi or something telling me what to do or where to go, I set out to chart my own path and seeing how the systems work in perfect harmony with each other, the omnipresent Hyrule Castle always available to be seen from anywhere if you needed to be reminded of the purpose of the journey. I wish I could experience this game in its entirety for the first time again. That's the biggest compliment I could give a game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's a franchise that had been going on for 30 some years at that point and by that time, we were all used to the formula if you will. Impa, Lost Woods, Deku Tree, etc... I always go back to this promo pic from the first Zelda.

Legend-of-Zelda-Walkthrough.jpg

These are my words but it took the advancement of technology, design principles and vision to fully realize what was going on in this pic. Yes, he's looking at Death Mountain but the sense of scale and enormity couldn't be realized back in the 80s.

1*Y2zgOFAhn8Yypn2Yl806Ow.jpeg

Fast forward to now, that vision is realized.

Look at how vast that space is. The land to traverse, the stories and myths to learn of the people that inhibit the land on the way there, the sheer amount of things to see. No game, more than any other game that I've ever played, embodies the word 'journey' more than this game.

Like I said, once I got used to not having a Navi or something telling me what to do or where to go, I set out to chart my own path and seeing how the systems work in perfect harmony with each other, the omnipresent Hyrule Castle always available to be seen from anywhere if you needed to be reminded of the purpose of the journey. I wish I could experience this game in its entirety for the first time again. That's the biggest compliment I could give a game.

Hopefully one day a couple other nintendo franchises break out of their mold and go through this same evolution (no pun) cough-pokemon-cough

But as much as people love BoTW there are still a legion of zelda fans that just want the same ol’, same ol....thats why they’re so hyped for SS. They want the dungeons, weapon, boss, dungeon, weapon, boss, eventually Gannon...etc I’ve found that with nintendo fans they don’t like too drastic of a change. They buy the nintendo expecting to get more of the same, the same characters, the same gameplay, the same music etc. It ruins the nostalgia high for them when they do too much to it.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Hopefully one day a couple other nintendo franchises break out of their mold and go through this same evolution (no pun) cough-pokemon-cough

But as much as people love BoTW there are still a legion of zelda fans that just want the same ol’, same ol....thats why they’re so hyped for SS. They want the dungeons, weapon, boss, dungeon, weapon, boss, eventually Gannon...etc I’ve found that with nintendo fans they don’t like too drastic of a change. They buy the nintendo expecting to get more of the same, the same characters, the same gameplay, the same music etc. It ruins the nostalgia high for them when they do too much to it.

BOTW was a breathe of fresh air for both the genre and the series. Only nostalgia misstep really was the overall lack of music. I understand that they could've had more traditional dungeons, but I think even that part was handled well enough really.