The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Are you getting all 999 koroks? @MischievousMonkey

I 100% Normal mode then went on to do the same for Master Mode, however I stopped because I got addicted to Dragon Quest Builders then Warframe.

I plan on going back to Zelda to finish 100% Master Mode before BOTW2. I'm at around 90%. However I'm posting this to say this to you. I regret not completing Normal Mode in a timely manner because nearly all the bullshytting I did in Normal Mode did not prepare me for Master Mode. What I suggest for you is to already beat the game without it being 100% so you can start on Master Mode and worry about Normal Mode later because Master Mode is when the real game starts IMO. Master Mode is fukking incredible.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Are you getting all 999 koroks? @MischievousMonkey

I 100% Normal mode then went on to do the same for Master Mode, however I stopped because I got addicted to Dragon Quest Builders then Warframe.

I plan on going back to Zelda to finish 100% Master Mode before BOTW2. I'm at around 90%. However I'm posting this to say this to you. I regret not completing Normal Mode in a timely manner because nearly all the bullshytting I did in Normal Mode did not prepare me for Master Mode. What I suggest for you is to already beat the game without it being 100% so you can start on Master Mode and worry about Normal Mode later because Master Mode is when the real game starts IMO. Master Mode is fukking incredible.
I was planning on getting all shrines and then going to Ganon, but your post makes me think about it. I have to get the DLC to be able to play Master Mode, right? Does it change something besides damage taken and given?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I was planning on getting all shrines and then going to Ganon, but your post makes me think about it. I have to get the DLC to be able to play Master Mode, right? Does it change something besides damage taken and given?
YES
The guardians in Master Mode are harder cause they changed the timing of their lasers. The laser timing is random and so vicious that you can't sit and wait while parrying anymore. One time I fukked up a parry and this nicca zapped me like 12 times while I was down. There's an invincibility animation while your trying to get up so luckily not all the zaps stacked up.

If they played it in Master Mode they wouldn't get burned out unless they're scared. You actually learn more about the game's physics and elemental damage systems and better combat tactics in Master Mode. People complain about enemies having too much health and taking too long to kill but that's cause they're going about it wrong. Use deku leafs to blow enemies over cliffs, in water, towards grass fires you started so that they catch on fire. Always sneak up and assassinate enemies as much as possible. Use meals that give you extra attack damage and collect freeze rods and high attack weapons so that you kill them fast and one at a time. Hitting enemies that are frozen with lightning weapons or arrows does added damage. Using two-handed charge attacks to dance around the enemy by constantly striking their side or flank, perfecting flurry rush and knowing when to change weapons to stack elemental damage and stun damage, WITH Stasis+ rune will also make battles end quickly. Perfecting Stasis+ in combat is a MUST.
Hard Mode not as bad as I thought. I can see why they powered up the Master Sword. Cause you'd be breaking all your damn weapons in Hard Mode.

Travel Medallion useful for farming dragon parts.

Y'all thought normal mode was hard? Master Mode is a new save file. It's own file. Nothing carries over. They start you on the great plateau with silver lynels that shoot bomb arrows and self regenerate. Good luck my nikkas.

Here's a tip for cheating in the Master Sword Trials. Eat bonus items before you enter, they'll still be on.

You'll still have your runes

Can't use your champion magic though.

Still have all your hearts and stamina including temporary stamina.

Don't even bother trying to kill most enemies in Master Mode until you powered up cause these fukkers regenerate fast.

Soon as I leave the great plateau I'm getting the sheikah slate and climbing gear cause i am avoiding all enemies until im powerful enough. Imma unlock all towers and shrines, get some koroks too. Sneaking by everyone. This is some metal gear solid shyt. Speed and armor potions, amiibo is gonna help me out alot. I need to get my house built asap too

Master Mode got me skulking around in Barrels like a scaredy cat.

I've been shook ever since I shot this bokobglin umpteen times in the fukking head in slo-mo only for him to hide and recharge. WASTING MY ARROWS.

I haven't died yet and I have killed at least one bokobglin. It's just that I have a major issue with wasting resources on what's supposed to be small fry like wtf dawg nah fukk that I'm sneaking around until I'm ready. I didn't even know I could walk around with a barrel over me. This is some Metal Gear Solid shyt.

That 7th level has fairies and a cooking pot. You need to be cooking everything you got and eat up. Thats how you replenish.

My tip is... cook 4 armored fish and a dragon horn for 30 minute defense buff before each trial. Cook 5 endura carrots for two extra stamina wheels recipe before each trial and max out your temp hearts.

Soon as you enter the trial, throw ball bomb near enemies weapons. They run to their weapons. Blow them up.

Fight with bombs as much as possible except during the bosses.

Use bombs on fodder. Don't forget to use stasis. Slo mo arrow shooting in the face to stun then throw bombs.

Bombs bonbs bombs

Bombs while paragliding

Drop a bomb while running away. While they are following you they get near the bomb. Like a mine. Blow them up

Bombs bombs bombs!!!

Try not to blow yourself up ok?

You want extra health? Bomb trees for acorns

But don't do that unless you have to.

Need to be as quick as you can until the 30 min defense buff wears off

The game has always been difficult. It just got easier cause we had gotten more hearts and upgraded armor.

The upgraded armor made a world of a difference.

Now we're fighting naked with no room for error.

The armor made us lazy and we're paying for it.

If you think that shyt is hard tho, come on over to Master Mode.

Oh and thanks to playing in no hud mode in normal mode, I have a better nose for shortcuts. Comes in handy in Master Mode when trying to avoid fights and unlocking shrines and towers.

Bruuuuh this master mode game done turned into tenchu and metal gear solid with the sheikah suit.

i'm now killing enemies i usually avoid by sneak attacking them.

i'm so glad they have a assassination and sneak function in this game or i'd be getting destroyed trying to play like conan

just fought a blue lynel on master mode with wolf link

i told that motherfukker to stay when we got close

soon as the battle starts he starts barking from a distance then joins in

he almost died. tough battle.

Tip for those playing in Master Mode.

All it takes is a single arrow to stop the regeneration. The regen timer for enemies is reset after it gets hit.

This makes a world of a difference. Game is so much easier once you figure this out.

It reminds me of how you had to hit enemies with a shuriken in Ninja Gaiden or shoot them in Devil May Cry in order to keep up the combo meter.

Fighting multiple Lizalfos is the most frustrating experience in Master Mode cause those fukkers like to jump away and coordinate attacks letting each other get away so that they can regenerate. In Master Mode Trial of the Sword its really hard.

I can't use the bomb strategy most of the time with them like I did in Normal Mode. I have to bomb, arrow and flurry attack them fakkits. I need to use Stasis more.

The coliseum on master mode has no elemental weapons

Master Mode Calamity Ganon is actually fukking hard. If you can't parry every time, you won't kill him, cause this fukker regenerates.

Woooo I finally beat the Beginning Trial in Trial of the Sword in Master Mode!! I used this guide:

Basically there's a glitch in the Lizard AI that lets you move behind it each time you assassinate strike him without causing an alert.

fukking genius. Okay now for Middle Trials. I'll continue watching the speedrun for tips.

Woooo beat the middle trials! Finally using stun lock juggles properly in combat for the first time.

Basically elemental damage stun, stasis, headshot stun, weapon throw stun in no particular order.

Two observations about my current Master Mode run:

1. The assassination trick where you move in front after striking from behind and they turn their back to you not only works on lizalfos, but also bokobglins and moblins. However, if the creature slides after it falls it may not turn around so this trick is unpredictable.

2. Even at full health+all hearts and maxed out armor (champion shirt 32 defense, any headgear and pants with 28 defense), certain attacks by golden lynels can still one-shot you. I would've died if it weren't for Mipha's blessing and fairies. It's kinda cool how I can kill some golden lynels within a minute or two with no damage but if I slip up once I could die.

Welcome to Prime Time.

You're really in the shyt now.

Master Mode's screen is blood red for a damn good reason.

Master Mode will have you creeping around in the Sheikah Stealth suit like Metal Gear Solid avoiding fights cause you don't want no problems. Legit becomes an entirely different game. :whew: