The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Reading that the Zelda team has been playing Red Dead Redemption is very worrying. I can't think of any great ideas from that game they should borrow.
Please no :picard:

if anything RDR2 borrowed heavily from BOTW...I’m not sure if I’m missing your point
I don't want to answer for him, but imho RDR2 has a lot of empty micro-gameplay. Most of what you do isn't a part of a cohesive thought-out system, it's rather an accumulation of random tasks-obstacles for the sake of "realism". Not what I want in a sequel for Breath of the Wild :whoa:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:lupe: Never played RDR2. This sounds bad though... Now, if they were playing the Witcher 3....:ehh:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let’s stay on topic here :whoa: There’s room for both games to exist, whether you liked it or got bad taste not.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are there elements of RDR2 that could improve a BTW sequel? If so, what are they?

Off the top of my head, no. But the only things they really have in common are horses and open world. Two entirely different games. But Nintendo is abstract enough to come up with some random thing you wouldn’t think about from a game and make a full blown mechanic out of it tho.

I have enough faith in Aonuma that he could say he played Solitaire and got inspiration for the next Zelda, and I would still be hopeful :mjlol:

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
giphy.gif