The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
BOTW won Game of the Year and Best Action Game over at Game Informer Game Informer's Best Of 2017 Awards

On other sites, best action game went to Nier or Horizon. Some people in the comments section are upset that BOTW won best action over those two other games.

In Zelda's defense, the combat is the deepest I've ever played when you factor in all the systems you can combine, mix and match. Mounted combat (horse, bear, deer, motorcycle), archery, two-handed weapons, long range weapons that double as short range weapons (boomerangs), parrying, shield bash, flurry rush, spear tactics, crowd control moves, rune magic (stasis, magnets, bombs, ice pillar shields) and Divine beast abilities (shield, lightning attack, revive, aerial escape you can turn into bullet time archery) environmental damage (falls, rocks, trees, drowning, lightning, fire damage, freezing them), elemental damage from arrows and weapons, potion and food recipe buffs, armor attributes, causing other enemies to damage each other (chu explosions for ex) NPCs distracting and fighting enemies (wolf link, horses), aerial combat (dropping bombs from above, using runes in conjunction with weapons such as using a deku leaf to blow a bomb over to a long distance enemy etc play Trial of the Sword if you doubting the action.....

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I played this game on my friend's PC recently in 4K. It was beautiful but a lil choppy. I'll stick to the good ole Switch version.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how long did it take to get there. Are there tracks you don't remember hearing from the game?
Wasn't it you that dropped the pre order link? I pre ordered it that day and I forgot about it until DHL sent me a text yesterday saying it would be here today. I can't remember the official day it came out because I pre-ordered whenever I saw the link that was dropped

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Remember how beautiful the original trailer was?

This is probably how it would look if the Switch was as powerful as PS4.

In the comments people are glad that the guardians don't shoot lasers that fast but they actually do in Master Mode. One time I couldn't get up due to a rain of laser fire. Master Mode Guardians don't fukk around.

Anyway, soundtrack finally coming. 5 CDs!

『ゼルダの伝説 ブレス オブ ザ ワイルド』オリジナルサウンドトラック発売決定! | トピックス|Nintendo

https://out.reddit.com/t3_81cvwr?url=https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/a0d07f85-1b5c-11e8-a129-063b7ac45a6d.html&token=AQAAHZ2ZWkgyYFoFIgAh7J24OQLZb0yxRPDGJz_-hY4t15joeqUH&app_name=reddit.com

Yeah you dropped the link March 2nd.

I just went to the site and it says release date is April 25. I got it today which is the 24th. It's the 25th in Japan though.