The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
what's wrong with this?? Zelda typically had fall damage and a shield doesn't seem like it'll negate fall damage.

That enemies can exploit your moves due to physics is pretty cool.

This sounds great. Nothing stupid about this. They looked amazing from when they showed gameplay last year.
Nothing wrong with it. Stupid is referring to how the Nintendo employees were playing the game. They really suck.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Map comparison. Larger than any Zelda and larger than Skyrim.

D5yBhh4.png

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Reading neogaf and they are finally speculating that this is the downfall timeline, era of decline. Coli beat em too it. They were stuck on wind waker and twilight princess timeline for the longest.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Expanded video Backstory on the Four Guardians, which is helping people realize this shyt's in the Fallen Hero timeline. The back of the Master edition mapped was revealed on accident by a rep, which made Reggie overreact cause they weren't supposed to show it. Then they tried to say it didn't reveal any story details. Didn't work. Gamers translated it anyway. I posted the summary earlier in the thread but here's a video where this dude tries to fill in the blanks and does a good job of it.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Reading neogaf and they are finally speculating that this is the downfall timeline, era of decline. Coli beat em too it. They were stuck on wind waker and twilight princess timeline for the longest.
tried to tell yall old man/link wit sideburns always = downfall TL...

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
This is Nintendo's last game for the Wii-U. Wow was seriously considering buying one too. smh.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the last Nintendo game for Wii U

“From a first-party standpoint, there's no new development coming after the launch of the legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild,” he said. “We really are at the end of life for Wii U.”

Fils-Aime said that Wii U titles will continue to be sold at retail and on the Nintendo eShop, and the company had not begun any discussion for sunsetting online services for the console.

“From our standpoint, sunsetting is quite some time into the future. The ongoing activity from an online standpoint on [Mario] Kart and Splatoon is significant. We're going to continue to support that.”

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The switch version didn't come into being until last Spring according to this interview with the director The big Zelda: Breath of the Wild interview The interviewer is stuck on this being in the timeline of Wind Waker, which Eiji shrugged off. There was going to be more interaction with the Wii-U gamepad but it looks like they took it away to make it equal to the Switch version. Cliff Notes:

We pictured the Sheikah Slate as reminiscent of a Wii U GamePad. I think the Sheikah Slate's size and appearance resembles a Nintendo Switch too.

Loading times on Switch are slightly faster. That stems from the media that the game is on - Wii U loads from a disc, Switch is on a Game Card.

One of the major problems we faced was making sure all the development staff played the game as much as possible to make sure that cohesion was maintained.

A challenge we faced was the physics engine. One day I picked up the latest build and saw that all the objects that were supposed to be in that area weren't there. I was quite surprised and confused, and I realized after asking the programmer, the reason the objects weren't there was because the wind in-game had blown them all away.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
A reddit user calculated Link's running speed to determine how large the map is. This is only if it was a flat speed, so it will actually take longer.
If it was a flat field then it would take approximately 34 minutes to run West to East, and 25.5 minutes North to South, 42 minutes to run diagonaly across the map.
I don't know if he considered the stamina feature that slows you down when your running at full speed.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
A reddit user calculated Link's running speed to determine how large the map is. This is only if it was a flat speed, so it will actually take longer.
If it was a flat field then it would take approximately 34 minutes to run West to East, and 25.5 minutes North to South, 42 minutes to run diagonaly across the map.
I don't know if he considered the stamina feature that slows you down when your running at full speed.

Honestly this is useless information in the grand scheme of things. Who cares how big or small the map is. It's so trivial and unimportant. This reminds me of the time when Sony announced that 5+ million bullets were shot in Killzone 3's multiplayer or some dumbass stat like that.