The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How did you beat the last guardian scout when he started shooting lasers?

I had 3 elemental rods and used them back to back

I don't have trouble with guardian scouts at all. When I very first got the game the major tests of strengths whooped my ass. But once I won it was like a major step up. I think my link is much stronger. There aren't too many enemies that I dread / fear running into that would distract me from a goal or obstacle. Lynels fights take the most time, but the big yiga dudes, guardians, moblins, hinox, talus they don't phase me.

If your stamina wheel is maxed out its, I find it easy ( and more fun since they take more hits) to defeat most foes by using a club or heavy weapons that spins while you hold attack. While you're spinning the weapon around, just maneuver to the side of their legs or to their backs out of reach of their attacks.

Then when the Guardian does that spinning yo-yo attack blast him with arrows. I guess you could stasis him and bomb or spam the attack button too. Theres different ways. The only time I get hit is when I stay in the pocket too long trying to get that last hit, then get stepped on by a hinox or something

I'm going to find a way to record some playing, cause I just have fun .

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I don't have trouble with guardian scouts at all. When I very first got the game the major tests of strengths whooped my ass. But once I won it was like a major step up. I think my link is much stronger. There aren't too many enemies that I dread / fear running into that would distract me from a goal or obstacle. Lynels fights take the most time, but the big yiga dudes, guardians, moblins, hinox, talus they don't phase me.

If your stamina wheel is maxed out its, I find it easy ( and more fun since they take more hits) to defeat most foes by using a club or heavy weapons that spins while you hold attack. While you're spinning the weapon around, just maneuver to the side of their legs or to their backs out of reach of their attacks.

Then when the Guardian does that spinning yo-yo attack blast him with arrows. I guess you could stasis him and bomb or spam the attack button too. Theres different ways. The only time I get hit is when I stay in the pocket too long trying to get that last hit, then get stepped on by a hinox or something

I'm going to find a way to record some playing, cause I just have fun .
I only just now started spinning on them scouts. I used to deflect their lasers but its like i totally forgot the timing of it so i had to figure out another way.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I only just now started spinning on them scouts. I used to deflect their lasers but its like i totally forgot the timing of it so i had to figure out another way.
Yeah you can hack and slash but unless you want that fight it'll take forever. You can also do the perfect parry then the slow motion slash attack sequence over and over, if you want that fight. Of course deflecting the beams and stuff work too.

This dude I work with deflects the beams, that has never worked for me. I can deflect them but I don't know how to deflect them straight back so it hits them. I'd rather attack a guardian and best it to death before it can fire a shot off and I'm good at doing it. Ground guardians take 6 hits with the master sword. Live ones are a little more. I've never fought or been caught by a flying Guardian. I just avoid them at all cost.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Yeah you can hack and slash but unless you want that fight it'll take forever. You can also do the perfect parry then the slow motion slash attack sequence over and over, if you want that fight. Of course deflecting the beams and stuff work too.

This dude I work with deflects the beams, that has never worked for me. I can deflect them but I don't know how to deflect them straight back so it hits them. I'd rather attack a guardian and best it to death before it can fire a shot off and I'm good at doing it. Ground guardians take 6 hits with the master sword. Live ones are a little more. I've never fought or been caught by a flying Guardian. I just avoid them at all cost.
You gonna have to fight a flying guardian in the last master trials

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Tip for those playing in Master Mode.

All it takes is a single arrow to stop the regeneration. The regen timer for enemies is reset after it gets hit.

This makes a world of a difference. Game is so much easier once you figure this out.

It reminds me of how you had to hit enemies with a shuriken in Ninja Gaiden or shoot them in Devil May Cry in order to keep up the combo meter.