The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Remember I said I beat the beginning trial? I used an older autosave to go find the dlc gear. Forgot that sav was before I beat the first set. Now after finding all the gear I gotta start the trials all over again lol

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The trials are no joke. I keep killing myself. But I get a lil further each time. I used to hoard and grab everything now I grab what I need to progress and move on.
Lol

After the last time i died, i went to go fight some shrine guardians in a major test of strength cause i forgot the timing to parry. Never thought i would have to practice this shyt all over again.

Daps
I'm not gonna lie, I've been bullshytting on fighting Ganon because I knew I would stop playing the game if I did so. So I decided to try Master Mode to see what that's like. Now I'm about 10 hours in. :mjlol:

I freaking love this game. I'm never gonna stop playing lol. I copped ARMS, played it once and started playing Zelda again. I don't see how Mario Odyssey can beat this for GOTY.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Loving the game so far. Still in the beginning of the game. Just finished that shrine where you have to tilt the controller to guide the ball through the maze and get the ball to the other side. It's a lot easier doing it on the pro controller than tilting the entire system In handheld mode. I copped the expansion pack so there is still a lot of gaming left for me :obama:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I'm not gonna lie, I've been bullshytting on fighting Ganon because I knew I would stop playing the game if I did so. So I decided to try Master Mode to see what that's like. Now I'm about 10 hours in. :mjlol:

I freaking love this game. I'm never gonna stop playing lol. I copped ARMS, played it once and started playing Zelda again. I don't see how Mario Odyssey can beat this for GOTY.
That's the reason I didn't buy ARMS. I can't put this game down.

And yeah it's probably gonna beat Mario.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
I don't see myself finishing this trial. I know having the sword on 60 is a big deal, but unless that thing carries over to the master mode, does it really matter? Most of you guys beat the game w/o it. I beat all four Beasts w/o it. To me, it's just boring having to go all...the way...back to #1. Not complaining about it b/c it's a good idea, but like I said...dull. Also, I wish we could replenish our hearts during the "break" levels (like 7). It's nice to get some weapons and the game has been fair w/food and whatnot, but I think that one little thing would've been a major plus.

Piece of advice for those who haven't thought of this: find that shady-ass statue in Hateno and trade all your stamina vessels for hearts. I did that and am working w/18 permanent hearts. Also, set your Sheikah slate to search for treasure chests.

Do you brehs have any tips/tricks to share? What's the furthest anyone has gotten so far?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
the 1.3.0 update added stars back to the night sky.

It also shortened all the load times.

They did a really good job with the new load times.

They also added the ability to go to the title screen from the pause menu. I personally use this to switch between Normal Mode for when I play Trials of the Sword and to Master Mode (when I get tired of getting my ass whooped in the trials).

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I don't see myself finishing this trial. I know having the sword on 60 is a big deal, but unless that thing carries over to the master mode, does it really matter? Most of you guys beat the game w/o it. I beat all four Beasts w/o it. To me, it's just boring having to go all...the way...back to #1. Not complaining about it b/c it's a good idea, but like I said...dull. Also, I wish we could replenish our hearts during the "break" levels (like 7). It's nice to get some weapons and the game has been fair w/food and whatnot, but I think that one little thing would've been a major plus.

Piece of advice for those who haven't thought of this: find that shady-ass statue in Hateno and trade all your stamina vessels for hearts. I did that and am working w/18 permanent hearts. Also, set your Sheikah slate to search for treasure chests.

Do you brehs have any tips/tricks to share? What's the furthest anyone has gotten so far?
That 7th level has fairies and a cooking pot. You need to be cooking everything you got and eat up. Thats how you replenish.

My tip is... cook 4 armored fish and a dragon horn for 30 minute defense buff before each trial. Cook 5 endura carrots for two extra stamina wheels recipe before each trial and max out your temp hearts.

Soon as you enter the trial, throw ball bomb near enemies weapons. They run to their weapons. Blow them up.

Fight with bombs as much as possible except during the bosses.

Use bombs on fodder. Don't forget to use stasis. Slo mo arrow shooting in the face to stun then throw bombs.

Bombs bonbs bombs

Bombs while paragliding

Drop a bomb while running away. While they are following you they get near the bomb. Like a mine. Blow them up

Bombs bombs bombs!!!

Try not to blow yourself up ok?

You want extra health? Bomb trees for acorns

But don't do that unless you have to.

Need to be as quick as you can until the 30 min defense buff wears off

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IMG_20170702_1731254_zpshyw7gnmd.jpg

What am I missing? I found this menu under ability controls I guess there are some techniques I've never used. In fact I know there are some. I've completed all the shrines and a lot of the missions but there's tons of shyt I haven't done (I've never surfed on my shield, bowled, I've never met kilton, I've only attempted to deflect a guardian beam a handful of times) I could make a laundry list of things I haven't done.

:snoop: probably why I get my ass kicked in trials. I make it pretty far then do something stupid and kill myself.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I've died so much. As soon as I left the great plateau I took a horse and went straight for Upland Lindor for a high quality horse.

I camp everytime it's about to fall night time. I ain't fukking with bats and stalfos and poor night vision.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
IMG_20170702_1731254_zpshyw7gnmd.jpg

What am I missing? I found this menu under ability controls I guess there are some techniques I've never used. In fact I know there are some. I've completed all the shrines and a lot of the missions but there's tons of shyt I haven't done (I've never surfed on my shield, bowled, I've never met kilton, I've only attempted to deflect a guardian beam a handful of times) I could make a laundry list of things I haven't done.

:snoop: probably why I get my ass kicked in trials. I make it pretty far then do something stupid and kill myself.
You are missing shield surf, jump slash and use amiibo.