The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've watched the trailer enough to gather that Link and Zelda seemingly took on Ganon at or before the beginning of the game and failed. The world seemed to be damn near destroyed with those mechanical monsters unleashed and Link must have been almost killed and I assume Zelda tossed him in that rejuvenation chamber where he remained for 100 years in stasis. She also seemed to put the master sword by the Deku tree who tells Link that you don't remember me but we met before 100 years back I'll tell you what happened back then.

The questions I have are is that old narrator woman at the beginning of the game Zelda? Also the guy saying save my daughter who we can assume is her father asking that of Link makes me question what happened in that 100 years? Zelda and her father must be old as hell by that point unless these are really long lived individuals.

It would be kinda dope if the game actually opened with Link and Zelda's failed attempt at Ganon. Way better than the typical boring Zelda game openings we usually get.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I've watched the trailer enough to gather that Link and Zelda seemingly took on Ganon at or before the beginning of the game and failed. The world seemed to be damn near destroyed with those mechanical monsters unleashed and Link must have been almost killed and I assume Zelda tossed him in that rejuvenation chamber where he remained for 100 years in stasis. She also seemed to put the master sword by the Deku tree who tells Link that you don't remember me but we met before 100 years back I'll tell you what happened back then.

The questions I have are is that old narrator woman at the beginning of the game Zelda? Also the guy saying save my daughter who we can assume is her father asking that of Link makes me question what happened in that 100 years? Zelda and her father must be old as hell by that point unless these are really long lived individuals.

It would be kinda dope if the game actually opened with Link and Zelda's failed attempt at Ganon. Way better than the typical boring Zelda game openings we usually get.
The old lady is Impa. Old Impa was in the first two NES Zeldas.

In the pause menu is a section called memories. There are 18 slots. So during your journey you have to collect memories. That's certainly a change from the usual collectothon.

The old man near the resurrection chamber is obviously the King. He kind of gives himself away by getting caught looking in your direction as you step out then walking away and asking you feeler type questions to gauge your mood and helping you along the way.

N*ggerFa*ot

Banned
Daps
watched that 1 trailer for the switch and decided im gonna go into this game blind it looks so good:whew:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Someone tried to translate the map on the back of the special edition.

uIQFt1.png

Alright so remember when I told you about the pause menu showing memories? That's actually in that horse video I posted. You can also see rupees and a stable where you can register 5 horses and name them.

If you watch the trailer again, some scenes are some of those memories you have to collect. The Zelda and Link scenes are from a 100 years ago. Pause it and you'll see he has an unchipped Master Sword. He is heavily injured and is protecting her but Zelda ends up protecting him. After he's put in a resurrection chamber she takes his Master Sword and puts it in front of the Deku tree. That's what she's praying to.

In a nutshell the map says link and zelda sealed calamity ganon after the four guardians sent a mechanical army to defeat ganon, he corrupted them (scenes of corrupted guardians destroying the town, scenes of guardians whooping yo ass all in the trailer) Now that your awake you still have to use the power of the four guardians (scenes of you beating the guardians to submission in the trailer) to defeat calamity ganon again forreal this time.

I love how much of elements from Shadow of the Colossus is in this Zelda.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Past Zelda scenes show her wearing and using the Shiekah Slate. Past Link does not. Why in the fukk does past Past Link not have a shield? No wonder he got his ass whooped.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
According to the Hyrule Historia,The Legend of Zelda Link is age 10 and saves the current Princess Zelda who was captured by Ganon. 6 years later in The Adventure of Link, it's the same Link who is now aged 16, saves a previous Zelda who was under a sleeping spell.

With no mention of the Zelda he saved 6 years ago.

Which means Nintendo has been making up shyt as they go this whole time and I really shouldn't waste time trying to figure shyt out. Only thing I got from reading the Historia was how similar the setting of Zelda 1 mirrors BoTW (Open World, Old Impa, Lesser Hyrule, Beast Ganon defeated). Definitely an intentional homage.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
This game features a lot of elements from other games. That rock creature makes you wary about approaching rocks. I remember this in Fable 1 for X-Box. Always had to be careful bout them shyts.

And the link waking up from a hundred year sleep to a apocalyptic world is similar to one of my fav RPG's Crystalis.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This game features a lot of elements from other games. That rock creature makes you wary about approaching rocks. I remember this in Fable 1 for X-Box. Always had to be careful bout them shyts.

And the link waking up from a hundred year sleep to a apocalyptic world is similar to one of my fav RPG's Crystalis.

Neither of those things are unique to those games though. Mimics/elementals been in RPGs since the 70's and the original ending to "Army Of Darkness" predates "Crystalis".

Fred.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Neither of those things are unique to those games though. Mimics/elementals been in RPGs since the 70's and the original ending to "Army Of Darkness" predates "Crystalis".

Fred.

True that but I'm not making a general comparison. This comparison was specific towards great action RPGs like Crystalis and Fable.

---

Okay so the Link BoTW has the most common with is the Link from A Link to the Past and Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Link's Awakening. As explained in the following vid, along with why the Koroks and Kokiri are the same, the master sword placement being in the forest only in Fallen Hero timeline and other facts that rule out the other two timelines.

One thing the guy in the next video is wondering about is if this is the fallen hero Link from Ocarina of Time.

I don't think it because the BoTW Link has never met the Deku tree which is why the Deku tree says 'You don't remember me, but I remember you'

The ALttP Link didn't see the Deku Tree in the surrounding forest either even though it's the same location probably cause it was hidden by other trees.

Also, Ganon was sealed for hundreds of years by the seven sages after the OoT Fallen hero timeline, he shouldn't come back until Zelda 1 not counting the option ending to Oracle of Ages/Seasons ganon which came back mindless (which is what Calamity Ganon looks like) and that was during the Era of Light and Dark, plus old guy said ruined out both OoT and LttP link by hinting this was the Era of Decline.

This video also establishes that two landmarks remain unchangeable throughout the series, Temple of Time and Master Sword in The Lost Woods.
Think sword in the stone, classic Arthurian legend, can only be removed by the hero, in this case, the Hero of Time, Link. Everything else around them moves, except Temple of Time which is on the great plateau that was once Skyloft which became Hyrule.

If Zelda placed the sword in the Lost Woods, she is the first other than Link to store the sword somewhere. Old guy rules out LttP Link by naming the era (Decline). This points to LoZ/AoL Link. If that's the case, this theory is mine btw, we should follow where the Master Sword is: From Skyward Sword, to Temple of Time and from Temple of Time to... Lost Woods. At the beginning and end of LttP it's in The Lost Woods. When you get the Master Sword in Oracale of Ages/Season, it's in the Lost Woods, however, at the end of the game, Link sails off with it. Somehow it ends up BACK in the Lost Woods because A Link Between Worlds happens AFTER Link's Awakening which is BEFORE Oracle Link. That's why in ALBW Master Sword is in the Lost Woods. After ALBW, the Master Sword is not mentioned during Zelda 1 and 2. I have 5 questions: How did the Master Sword during the Fallen Hero Split of OoT, get from The Temple of Time to The Lost Woods? How did the Master Sword get from where Link sailed off with it back into The Lost Woods? Why isn't the Master Sword mentioned in Zelda 1 and 2? If Zelda is the one that put the sword in the Lost Woods after Link's defeat from Ocarina of Time and apparently Breath of the Wild, is it the same Zelda or are these two separate occasions? Did the old guy from Zelda 1 chilling in a cave, give us the Master Sword and if so how did he end up with it? If so, then in Zelda 2, Link still has the Master Sword when he wakes up a sleeping Zelda and is kissing her under a falling curtain.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
On another board, an avid, well-versed Zelda fan has been putting my Master Sword theory to the test. In the arguments I've established the following:

Koroks/Kokiri and The Deku Tree

They are in OoT, WW and now BoTW, which is what makes people want to put the timeline in WW but the Master Sword Lost Woods placement in BoTW has only been seen in the Fallen Hero timeline. The argument is, just because we haven't seen Koroks and the Deku Tree in the Fallen Hero timeline so far, doesn't mean they aren't there. We do know however, the Lost Woods WW timeline was submerged and the Sword was too.

Official Backstory of Breath of the Wild:

"Hylians pass stories of a destined time long past, where multiple races lived and worked together in harmony. The Sheikah Tribe’s blue aura breathed through the land, and this mutual prosperity continued, until a cataclysmic disaster struck. The hero and the princess attempted in vain to seal the terror, which became known as the Calamity Ganon. Divine Beasts awoke from four directions, and deployed a mechanical army which made the king and his people fearful. They fractured Ganon’s power and sealed him… But the Sheikah were banished from the land ever since.”

Fallen Hero Timeline Proof:

1. Calamity Ganon is a reference to The Great Cataclism which is only mentioned in OoT and aLttP and now BotW.
2. Lost Woods Master Sword and flower arrangement
3. Both OoT and aLttP overworld map have Temple of Time and Lost Woods in the same place.
4. Link with sideburns.
5. Telepathic link with Zelda

Era of Decline:
6. Calamity Ganon plaguing Hyrule Royal family for ages. More than once means OoT, aLttP and LoZ
7. Era of Decline as mentioned in latest trailer.
8. Post apocalyptic world from AoL
9. LoZ side by side comparison with BotW/Open World Zelda.
10. In the Era of Decline, Link is only with Zelda together after the end of LoZ and the end of AoL (which is another Zelda, the sleeping Princess one).

Breath of the Wild Link is:

A.) A remake of Legend of Zelda ('the legend told true' aka a retcon)

B.) Link after the events of Legend of Zelda (Adventure of Link totally ignored).

C.) Link after the events of Zelda 2.

D.) A separate Link sometime after Zelda 2.

Last edited: