The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The old man is cutting wood at the same time as link in this trailer. I never encountered this moment in the game. Either they took it out or i missed it

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
This epic trailer mashup reaction video is hilarious. Geeks crying and shyt. The three reactions I personally experienced when I first saw the trailer was a shiver up my spine, silence and shock cause I was expecting it to be that fukking epic

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Wii U ceasing production this year :laff:
No NX at E3 but this shyt is supposedly coming out in march next year :skip:
Nintendo switching up how their company is run..

NX is gonna have to have one helluva a launch..I'm talking better than Dreamcast usa launch and no fukking droughts :wow:
prophecy!
And ya keep looking at me crazy when I say Nintendo needs to have the casket lid dropped. Don't let nostalgia blind you. Nintendo has had this coming for a while now.
*^^^^^buys a switch a year later*
I don't get a fukk how long it takes first day cop

They could delay this shyt for another decade and I will still be down :blessed:
This nikka got an eye for greatness when no one else saw it coming

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Looks like she likes niccas

fZbkuQl_d.jpg
watching her demo the dlc was frustrating. She played like a noob

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Wii U ceasing production this year :laff:
No NX at E3 but this shyt is supposedly coming out in march next year :skip:
Nintendo switching up how their company is run..

NX is gonna have to have one helluva a launch..I'm talking better than Dreamcast usa launch and no fukking droughts :wow:

Don't know if I would say the launch was better then the Dreamcast usa launch...

But BOTW is one helluva launch title so.. :yeshrug:

So far so good on the droughts.. at least one game a month worth playing so far.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Aight I'm done posting for now. I only looked at old posts to figure out when people started saying GOTY. It happened after the january reveal this year

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Aight I'm done posting for now. I only looked at old posts to figure out when people started saying GOTY. It happened after the january reveal this year
Yeah I bought a Switch a year later but I knew I was going to do that eventually regardless.
I've said it a bunch of times on this board, I'm a pessimist. Nintendo made it easy for me to hate on them with the Wii and Wii U being such casual systems with lackluster support when it comes to the more serious gamers that wanted something outside of Mario and Yoshi.
I've never called Zelda BOTW game of the year and honestly I think the game is over rated.
It is not a 10/10 game. I know you love the game, I'm not saying it's a bad game by any stretch, but as a life long Zelda fan, there's no way in the world I'm putting BOTW over Ocarina of Time or Link to the past.
BOTW's biggest sin to me is the complete lack of real/traditional dungeons. Those divine beast "dungeons" are laughable in comparison to the dungeons of Ocarina of Time and even Link to the past. The scale of BOTW is impressive, but there isn't enough going on story wise to warrant me spending countless hours traveling.
BOTW boils down to 4 "dungeons" (which are not dungeons at all in the traditional sense of the game), how ever many shrines (which are just quick puzzles), and a billion korok seeds.
Another major problem I have with BOTW is that on the whole it seems like what you do in the game regarding all those side activities, is of no major consequence to the core game.
Previous Zeldas had specific weapons and items you had to find to proceed. In BOTW that isn't necessarily the case. They made it to where if you wanted to beat the game in a day or two you could, and if you wanted to spend months with the game, you could as well.
IMO, I enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn much more. (And I'm very conscious of the words I use)
Not that one game is better than the other. I enjoyed Horizon more than BOTW.
BOTW to me, is not GOTY. A lot of the games short comings are being ignored due to nostalgia, and the nintendo effect where their flagship titles are deemed above many others for no objective reason.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yeah I bought a Switch a year later but I knew I was going to do that eventually regardless.
I've said it a bunch of times on this board, I'm a pessimist. Nintendo made it easy for me to hate on them with the Wii and Wii U being such casual systems with lackluster support when it comes to the more serious gamers that wanted something outside of Mario and Yoshi.
I've never called Zelda BOTW game of the year and honestly I think the game is over rated.
It is not a 10/10 game. I know you love the game, I'm not saying it's a bad game by any stretch, but as a life long Zelda fan, there's no way in the world I'm putting BOTW over Ocarina of Time or Link to the past.
BOTW's biggest sin to me is the complete lack of real/traditional dungeons. Those divine beast "dungeons" are laughable in comparison to the dungeons of Ocarina of Time and even Link to the past. The scale of BOTW is impressive, but there isn't enough going on story wise to warrant me spending countless hours traveling.
BOTW boils down to 4 "dungeons" (which are not dungeons at all in the traditional sense of the game), how ever many shrines (which are just quick puzzles), and a billion korok seeds.
Another major problem I have with BOTW is that on the whole it seems like what you do in the game regarding all those side activities, is of no major consequence to the core game.
Previous Zeldas had specific weapons and items you had to find to proceed. In BOTW that isn't necessarily the case. They made it to where if you wanted to beat the game in a day or two you could, and if you wanted to spend months with the game, you could as well.
IMO, I enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn much more. (And I'm very conscious of the words I use)
Not that one game is better than the other. I enjoyed Horizon more than BOTW.
BOTW to me, is not GOTY. A lot of the games short comings are being ignored due to nostalgia, and the nintendo effect where their flagship titles are deemed above many others for no objective reason.

This game is so much better than OOT and I am someone who generally thinks OOT is the GOAT game...

One of the first things I did when I built a high end gaming PC a few years ago was put N64 roms on it just so I could play OOT...

And now that BOTW came out I tried to play OOT earlier this week...couldn't do it...all I could do was compare it to BOTW and it was just so much worse in every aspect of the game...

Some of these criticisms of the game don't make a lot of since to me. You knocked BOTW story then said LTTP was better but LTTP story is nothing more than your father leaves, you follow him into a hole, he gives you his stuff and you have to kill Agahim...who is Ganon...then kill Ganon...that story is much more simplistic than BOTW...the part of BOTW where you gather all your old memories has more depth to it the LTTP entire story...

I see this a lot with this game for some reason...a criticism of it and then a comparison to another zelda game...but then BOTW does it better than whatever Zelda game they are comparing it to...cause I just don't see how anyone can look at BOTW story and look at LTTP story and think LTTP story is better...

You also make it sound like giving the players the option to beat the game in a day or two or beat it in a few months is a bad thing...like their is some downside to that which lessens the experience of the game...

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Remember when y'all nikkas were complaining over this trailer cause of the dragon spoiler? Turned out it wasn't that serious. They were mostly just eye candy.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This game is so much better than OOT and I am someone who generally thinks OOT is the GOAT game...

One of the first things I did when I built a high end gaming PC a few years ago was put N64 roms on it just so I could play OOT...

And now that BOTW came out I tried to play OOT earlier this week...couldn't do it...all I could do was compare it to BOTW and it was just so much worse in every aspect of the game...

Some of these criticisms of the game don't make a lot of since to me. You knocked BOTW story then said LTTP was better but LTTP story is nothing more than your father leaves, you follow him into a hole, he gives you his stuff and you have to kill Agahim...who is Ganon...then kill Ganon...that story is much more simplistic than BOTW...the part of BOTW where you gather all your old memories has more depth to it the LTTP entire story...

I see this a lot with this game for some reason...a criticism of it and then a comparison to another zelda game...but then BOTW does it better than whatever Zelda game they are comparing it to...cause I just don't see how anyone can look at BOTW story and look at LTTP story and think LTTP story is better...

You also make it sound like giving the players the option to beat the game in a day or two or beat it in a few months is a bad thing...like their is some downside to that which lessens the experience of the game...
I respect the opinion. I disagree. "Liking" a game and the criticisms I have of the game are mostly subjective with the exception of lack of dungeons.