The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I ran around on fire for a long time before i got a clue lol
I figured there would be fire resistant clothes in this game. I had the 3 fire potions they gave me but I had used my last one just before entering the city. I had to eat a couple meals to stay alive. I ran all over the city looking for the clothes shop.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Kill 4 lynels for their guts. catch or buy a tireless frog

Cook all 5 ingredients and sell the elixer. It's $2300 rupees
Nice. I sold the guts by themselves and made a decent amount of money. didn't know about the recipe.
I wasn't that far off with the rupees when I got to goron city. Only needed to sell a few things.

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Nice. I sold the guts by themselves and made a decent amount of money. didn't know about the recipe.
I wasn't that far off with the rupees when I got to goron city. Only needed to sell a few things.
The bowling mini game in the Hebra mountains you can farm rupees like crazy. You get 300 rupees for every strike.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've seen reviewers say that the special abilities you get after beating the dungeons break the game by making it too easy.

For those of you who have beaten the dungeons do you feel like the new powers break the game? It doesn't feel like it to me. Mipha's grace can only be used one time per game day, revali's gale can only be used 3 times per game day and you can't make it go higher (its not high enough IMO), urbosa's fury is 3x's a day and barely affects some enemies and that goron shield is also only 3xs a day and can accidentally go off from the most harmless attacks like thrown pebbles.

I don't agree that it makes or breaks the game but then again I turned them off after I got them cause I didn't realize they recharged. I just turned the off and liked the game. You aren't forced to use them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
so all this time later, do guys still rank this above OOT?....still haven't played it yet, but just wanna ask now that some of the hype has settled in.
Overall looking back on it yeah. I'm not really a fan of open world games but I loved this game and I have some faults with it but overall I'd say it was better. If you're looking at story though and care about that you might feel different. This game has almost no meaningful story to it. After the tutorial at the very beginning you know all the story that matters. The rest of the game it just exploration and optional tasks.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Certain things can only happen once, so no matter how great this game is the leap can never be as big as 2D to 3D. If that makes sense.
I disagree. The transition to highly linear game to completely free open world game is just as big as going from 2D to 3D especially in an age where 2D as a standard just isn't as relevant to people who didn't grow up with it. This will forever be the game that got this series out of Oot's shadow. They've been copying portions of that game for a very long time and now they'll likely be copying this game in some form.