The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
I only got killed by the first one I encountered on a mission. Since then, killing them is nothing. Their moves are easy as hell to read. I get up close and back flip away from their attacks and flurry strike them. Rinse repeat.
I usually just parry their attacks with my shield then hit em with the 4 piece combo...still not the best lynel fighter tho

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Been playing this....it's a masterpiece. I'm still early as fukk in the game though....haven't done any of the Diving Beasts or any of the main story. Did about 35 Shrines and activated every Tower for the full map....and that's it.:mjlol:
I'll be playing this for a while which is fine because I don't play games very often....then I get one like this or "The Witcher 3" and play it for like 300 hours. :mjgrin:

Fred.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I usually just parry their attacks with my shield then hit em with the 4 piece combo...still not the best lynel fighter tho
I don't bother to parry their attacks. Lynels break my sheilds pretty quick. I just back flip out of the way. Usually they swing twice, sometimes 3 times. I just get up close, wait for the attack to begin and back flip until I get the prompt to do a flurry attack.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:damn: u really bout that life huh? :wow:
Got the Knights Saddle this shyt looks dooopppee

Pick one game out of your entire collection and get everything in it. A gamer should do that with at least one game namean? Just choose.

When does the DLC come out?
I suspect during E3.
I only got killed by the first one I encountered on a mission. Since then, killing them is nothing. Their moves are easy as hell to read. I get up close and back flip away from their attacks and flurry strike them. Rinse repeat.
The fastest way to kill a Lynel is with attack recipe, slo-mo Lynel Bow from above with bomb arrows equipped. I've killed them between 30 seconds to a minute with this tactic when pressed for time. Make sure you use endurance recipe to refill stamina to stay longer in the air. The horse archery camp guy sells 100 bomb arrows.
Been playing this....it's a masterpiece. I'm still early as fukk in the game though....haven't done any of the Diving Beasts or any of the main story. Did about 35 Shrines and activated every Tower for the full map....and that's it.:mjlol:
I'll be playing this for a while which is fine because I don't play games very often....then I get one like this or "The Witcher 3" and play it for like 300 hours. :mjgrin:

Fred.
I rarely play games thats why I just go ham on one. I feel u on that.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Edited last post cause i think death mountain octorock durability restoration only applied to shields and not weapons. Not sure yet will confirm later

Finally did duplication trick. I duplicated several stone crushers and put one on the wall. Duplicated 5xs lynel bow, great eagle bow and ancient bow and put it on the wall. Put one of the hylian shields and ancient shields on the wall next to urbosa shield.

I have a 108 royal guard claymore that i duplicated and although Its power is incredible its durability is shyt so im not duplicating that again. I have a 104 lynel crusher I haven't tested out yet. I ain't trying to duplicate weapons with wack durability screw that. Duplicated a couple ancient short swords for when i go giant ancient core hunting.

Finally got Fierce Duty tunic. Upgraded it to max. Haven't tested its attack set bonus yet. Probaly the same amount of charge attack hit points as barbarian armor.

I need to duplicate some more of these 5x's lynel bows before i go hunting. Will do the same with crusher. I need to find a high bonus lynel sword so i can duplicate that. Probably in the castle in the last guard tower. That silver lynel tough as shyt

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Update on restoring weapons, shield and bow durability

Placing it on the display in your house will restore it as new.

You might lose modifiers. You might gain modifiers.

I don't think losing modifiers applies to amiibo weapons

Not sure when this happens though, meaning if you have to leave the area and come back to let it reload. Will experiment later.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Oh shyt. Learned something. I no longer need a torch. I'll just keep my flame sword for starting fires since starting a fire doesn't use durability.

"What does NOT Damage Bows
That said, this means that you can draw your metal/ancient bow, stick the normal arrow into a source of fire, and use that flaming arrow while it's still in your hands to set fire to things and thaw ice. I've found this to be far more useful than spending an inventory slot on a torch or wooden weapon."

Alright so it looks like the only weapons I should duplicate are Ancient Short Sword, Ancient Bladesaw and Boulder Breaker. I'll just keep two boulder breakers for breaking rocks and the other weapons for combat.

I have not gotten Fierce Deity or Goddess Sword yet damn. Aww shyt don't have Twilight Bow either. Looks like I only need to duplicate Ancient Bow and Great Eagle Bow. Lynel bows have wack durability.

Breath of the Wild: Weapons List - Orcz.com, The Video Games Wiki

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
so all this time later, do guys still rank this above OOT?....still haven't played it yet, but just wanna ask now that some of the hype has settled in.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
so all this time later, do guys still rank this above OOT?....still haven't played it yet, but just wanna ask now that some of the hype has settled in.
Breaking weapons and shields, and stamina gauges is kind of off putting to me still. You learn to manage but I would have preferred it not being part of the game.
The open world aspect of the game can be daunting. In some instances I actually miss the level structure of previous Zeldas.
BOTW is an incredible game, but I'm not at all ready to say it's better than OOT or LTTP.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Has anyone done any Amiibo hacking?
I saw a walk through on how to get the fierce diety armor without the majoras mask amiibo and was wondering if anyone else has experience with the process.
I wouldn't mind buying a few amiibos at this point, but Nintendo continues to play their little game with making limited runs of these things and making it virtually impossible to purchase a lot of them.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Has anyone done any Amiibo hacking?
I saw a walk through on how to get the fierce diety armor without the majoras mask amiibo and was wondering if anyone else has experience with the process.
I wouldn't mind buying a few amiibos at this point, but Nintendo continues to play their little game with making limited runs of these things and making it virtually impossible to purchase a lot of them.
Yes its cheap and easy. Totally worth it
[Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos