The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails (PC, Switch, PS4) (September 19, 2023)

Daps

Nayuta has always dreamed of exploring beyond the horizon of his island home. After a fateful encounter with a fairy by the name of Noi, he and his friends find themselves whisked away on an adventure through multiple worlds in order to stop an evil plot that has been set in motion.

About
Nayuta spends his days gazing up at the stars above his island home and wondering what lies beyond the horizon. Though people claim the sea they live on is flat and finite, Nayuta knows there must be more out there, just waiting to be discovered.
1.gif

Occasionally, ruins and stars will fall from the sky over Nayuta's home, offering what seem to be glimpses of other worlds. While exploring one such ruin, he and his friends save a small, fairy-like girl by the name of Noi. She tells Nayuta that something very important has been stolen from her and asks for his help in retrieving it.

It's with this that Nayuta's journey begins—one which will take him far beyond the confines of his island to experience new worlds and extraordinary discoveries!

Key Features

Worlds Beyond Home: Experience all the wondrous phenomena The Legend of Nayuta has to offer with HD visuals, high quality music, 60fps, and new illustrations added for this Western release!
2.gif

Skills for Every Season: Enter the fray with real-time action gameplay and environment-based puzzles that are affected by the current season. Utilize season-based magic and powerful weapon skills to take down your foes, and unlock new techniques based on your performance.
3.gif

An Ocean of Adventure: Dive into a different kind of Trails game! Experience a light, whimsical story rooted in fantasy and discovery with a variety of colorful locations and characters, plus tons of extra quest content.
4.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Probably not gonna play this unless it comes into play later on because I don't think this takes place in the same world as the other Trails games.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finished it. I feel like Chris Pratt's performance as Mario sums up this movie perfectly. People talked about his performance a lot but he wasn't really good or bad. He did an ok job. This was an acceptable movie. It isn't the gold standard some would have you believe and it also isn't the disaster others portrayed it as. I know this is a movie people give bonus points because it was based on a video game they like but it felt like an average kid movie.

Daps
Finished it. I feel like Chris Pratt's performance as Mario sums up this movie perfectly. People talked about his performance a lot but he wasn't really good or bad. He did an ok job. This was an acceptable movie. It isn't the gold standard some would have you believe and it also isn't the disaster others portrayed it as. I know this is a movie people give bonus points because it was based on a video game they like but it felt like an average kid movie.

Thanks for the review. I'll wait until this game goes on sale.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I always felt like the original trails saga needed a reboot.
Eh that is not the issue with the series. Quality of the series has been much better since Reverie came out. (Talking about JP releases, but being better the CS 3 & 4 isn't much of an achievement.)

Falcom releases trails game at an extremely fast rate. From 2020 - 2022, Falcom released a new trails game each year. Odds are that Kuro III comes out next year in Japan. Along with this they keep making the scripts larger and larger, which aren't finished till the games literally come out. Which in turn causes delay with the western release since Falcom won't hand out the scripts to be translated until they are done. (Which isn't until the games releases).

That is such a big issue that rebooting the series will just get them back with the same issues. Not to mention starting would leave a very bad taste in a lot of the fans of the series.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not great reviews but I'll support the company.
The reviews are decent.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Not great reviews but I'll support the company.
Well the story isn't connected to the mainline Trails series and its an action RPG so its worth pointing those two points out for anyone thinking of getting this game.