The League - Documentary Trailer - The dynamic journey of Negro League baseball's triumphs and challenges through the first half of the 20th century.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Just finished watching this. This is probably the most thorough documentary Iā€™ve seen on the Negro Leagues. Iā€˜m glad they took the time to put it together. Somehow, thoughā€¦.I feel like it was missing something or that there couldā€™ve been another couple hours of content. Not a lot of attention on the players outside of Satchel Paige, Jackie Robinson, and some bits on Josh Gibsonā€¦.this was more focused on the genius and business acumen of Rube Foster and others that created the league and its impact on the black community. For baseball fans, I recommend it, but for students of Black Historyā€¦this should be required viewing. Jim Crow may have limited opportunities for our people back then, but this documentary is evidence that, if youā€™re bold enough to try, if youā€™re a visionary, if you have the support of your community, you can thrive despite those limitations. Rube Foster, Cumberland Posey, Frank Leland and others are great models of this.

Iā€™d love to see an extensive ā€œKen Burns: Baseballā€ sort of documentary strictly on the Negro Leagues. An hour and a half just isnā€™t enough.