The Last Of Us HBO

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
We aren't there yet but I really hope they don't tell the next part of the story on the show.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
If you know what happens it needs to be at the beginning so the general audience gets the same impact as the gamers.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They could even throw in all the flashbacks and have season 2 end with the Golf Club.

Then split the rest of the game into Seasons 3 and 4.
This is my theory as well.

We probably get all the flashbacks in chronological order, with each episode having a time jump to match the flashbacks. And in between, we get the origin stories of the different factions.

I think it loses impact if they wait until the end of the season but i also don’t know where else they would end it. Maybe the theater
That would be a mess because it would be waaay too soon and season 3 would have to explain way too many things that happened between Joel's death and the theater confrontation. It would make the show too hard to follow for casual viewers and I don't see Mazin going that route.

Besides, by ending the season with Abby killing Joel and Ellie desperately crying, you give the audience the anger it needs to follow Ellie's rampage killing every motherfukker she encounters in the next three days :demonic:

Hell, it wouldn't shock me if Mazin shows the final conversation between Joel and Ellie right after Joel's death to make people WANT to see Ellie kill every member of the WLF in season 3.

Last edited:

Chronic

All Star
Daps
I think it loses impact if they wait until the end of the season but i also don’t know where else they would end it. Maybe the theater
Perhaps the 2nd season will focus on Abby and how she met her crew so people that never play the game will sympathize with her throughout the season and probably thinking,
":obama: Aww poor girl, hopefully Joel and Ellie could talk her out of her revenge and they become ally".

So when the golf club scene appear the reaction will be :damn:.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
GULc9pfWQAAchOX
GULc6HfXwAAR8Ma
GULksR1WwAA5Iy5

GULcxoFXwAAoo2T

GULcodIWcAAsDTE

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
My guess is that they did the ol' editing trick and Joel is giving those lines to Tommy, like in the game. But I wonder who Catherine O'Hara is playing. I read some speculation she is gonna play the Seraphite's prophet? That story is crazy good :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My guess is that they did the ol' editing trick and Joel is giving those lines to Tommy, like in the game. But I wonder who Catherine O'Hara is playing. I read some speculation she is gonna play the Seraphite's prophet? That story is crazy good :wow:
Yeah, tht would make the most sense. Everything she’s saying in the trailer is prob from a flashback. I cn see that being a big thing before the opening credits

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
if joel dies early people hop off quick i bet they tell the story in chorological order so that joel dies at the end of the season...

this look better then the game

the game kind of was spinning it wheels alot and wasnt fun to play but a tight well told version of the events could be fun.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Naw season 2 is gonna prove how much more mature tv audiences are

i remember the “Gamers” being outraged and basically saying they were done watching the show after what they did with Bill in episode 3, and that shyt ended up being the highest rated episode and winning a bunch of awards.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:hubie:Shows like GOT have already conditioned the HBO audience to main characters dying. Gamers often don’t deal with stories of the hero dying unceremoniously. If the hero doesn’t go out in a blaze of glory gamers will be pissed. Other than Joel and some characters from the COD franchise. I can’t think of any other video game protagonists going out unceremoniously.

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw season 2 is gonna prove how much more mature tv audiences are

i remember the “Gamers” being outraged and basically saying they were done watching the show after what they did with Bill in episode 3, and that shyt ended up being the highest rated episode and winning a bunch of awards.
There was no uproar what so ever when Ned Stark got his head taken, people were generally :gladbron: that they did a main character like that

Gamers are just overly emotional and entitled